Thread: IRRK Freelance: Interview with Hephas Vrej Derringer

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Freelance: Interview with Hephas Vrej Derringer

IRRK Freelance: Interview with Hephas Vrej Derringer.
    June 25th, 29487. - Alossa Laurence

The name “Hephas Vrej Derringer” is recognised by many. Some call him hero, some call him a criminal. Nobody can ignore him. He is the icon of the Borealis struggle for many neutrals.

Mr Derringer, could you briefly introduce yourself to our readers?

Certainly. Hmm, I do want to ask a question first though.

Of course.

I'm sure your readers already know me. What've you been reporting on if not me?

I'm Hephas Derringer, also known as Vrej. Some think I'm a terrorist, some think I'm a freedom fighter. Really, I'm a Neutral politician, in it's truest sense. My favourite colour is purple.

You were one of the candidates for the position of mayor of Borealis six years ago. What was your motivation back then?

I was indeed! My motivation was, and still is simple... The Clans can look after themselves, and Omnis get looked after a bit too much. Who's looking out for the Neutrals? Toog? *laughs* Pah... Running a Neut town is a job for a vertebrate. Neuts needed someone who wouldn't bow down in front of Omnis and Clanners. Borealis was a Neutral town for Neutral people. Damn
    and it still is!

How did you feel when the elections were forcibly cancelled after Omni-Tek invaded the town?

Pretty mad. Furious actually. The elections were the last thing on my mind though, I had a new goal.

Some people connect you with the organisation known as Borealis Freedom Fighters. Can you confirm that?

There's no point in being coy about it. I founded a group of true Neutrals when Borealis was invaded... Neutrals willing to fight. They call us the Borealis Freedom Fighters.

What are the goals of Borealis Freedom Fighters?

The goals are straightforward, we represent the voice of the unheard Neuts. We will do whatever it takes to stop the oppression and tyranny in Borealis. This betrayal will stop, whatever it takes.

Six years. It's a long time. Have you had any doubts? Have you thought of just giving up?

This fight will happen wherever it needs to happen, to achieve our goals. Give up? No. There've been dark times... But no.

Six years on things in Borealis seem to be worse than ever. How do you see the future of the city in the light of recent events?

What would you expect? Borealis is the same as anything else for the corporation... It's a cold cost-benefit analysis. All we need to do is make the cost of occupation outweigh the benefit. Borealis is Neutral. It has remained Neutral at heart. Borealis will be Neutral. Nothing will stop that.

And the last question. Have you heard of the “Just One Credit” campaign? What are your thoughts on that?

Yes, I heard. I actually admire it... I think it's good to see Neutrals banding together... Isn't this what we all want? This reflects my own goals. We need to work together now to protect each other. Now is the time, but we need to do more.

Is there anything else you would like to say to our readers?

Oh yes!

To Omnis: You are responsible. You are personally responsible for every act of brutality and oppression by the company. There will come a time when you can no longer hide in faceless corporate anonymity. The blood on your hands cannot be washed off.

To Clanners: You once fought for freedom, now you only fight for notum. This is not about land or resources. This is about people! Fight with us and be redeemed.

To Neutrals: Did you vote for Zora? For Lonare? For the ICC? Then they do not represent you! You represent us. And you are free to choose. Choose to fight!

To all of Rubi-Ka: Arm yourselves. Borealis is fighting.

Thank you for the interview, Mr Derringer. I know it must be difficult for you to get around in these troubled times.

You're very welcome.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Jun 25th, 2013 at 23:13:11.