Thread: IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security Batters Borealis Into Order

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security Batters Borealis Into Order

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security Batters Borealis Into Order
    June 25th, 29487

IRRK – Omni-Tek security slaughters hundreds of citizens taking part in a peaceful protest, leaving a state of anxiety above the city.

In response to the ever growing security increases within the city of Borealis, hundreds of Neutral and Clan citizens formed a peaceful protest in an attempt to voice their concerns. The protest moved throughout the city gathering numbers before coming to rest in front of a small group of Omni-Pol Officers.

The Officers barked a few orders to disperse, claiming that the protest was in violation of public order protocols. As the crowd grew larger and louder, Omni-Pols Officer Agentcora activated the Omni-Pol Command Juggernaut making it fire indiscriminately into the crowd. In a state of sheer panic the crowd tried to defend themselves, which was only met by a wave of Omni-Pol Riot Police flooding into the streets and attacking anyone within sight; Omni-Tek employees attempting to escape the scene were even targeted and were described as “being un-loyal and deserving punishment."

As the scene turned nasty, and realising they could not contain the situation, Omni-Pol called in none other than the infamous Omni-AF Deputy Head, Bahirae Seruguisu. In a ruthless and brutal attempt to clear the area, the Deputy began throwing high yield grenades into the crowd, causing bodies and limbs to be flung everywhere.

Not content with the current level of destruction and mayhem, the Deputy Head then called in a small detachment of Omni-AF and Unicorn Forces, which were then backed up by Omni-Pol dropping in more Juggernauts into the streets from orbiting ships.

The scene was like nothing witnessed before; piles of corpses and detached limbs littered the streets as people ran for their lives and buildings beginning to shake with the blasts of the Juggernauts. When nothing but a small number of citizens were left, the Omni-Tek security forces left the area and fired what is understood to be a localized precision orbital strike, obliterating all within the area. Omni-Pol called it “vicinity-wide pacification” and described it as a necessary measure to retain order within the city.

For those not being forced to evacuate, some local citizens refuse to leave their homes through fear of Omni-Tek security. Businesses are closing and a heavy state of anxiety looms across the entire city, now in total fear of Omni-Tek security.

Those that do venture outside are being targeting, and witnesses report that Omni-Pol are dragging people from the streets and interrogating them about Borealis Freedom Fighters along with information on any attacks to be made on the CEO during his upcoming visits.

One local citizen who has had trouble with Omni-Pol had the following to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamelle
    The treatment of neutral populace in Borealis is absolutely atrocious. These war criminals think they can pacify the town, but they forget that Borealis Is Fighting!
    Has Omni-Tek gone too far? Will the ICC step in to prevent more destruction? IRRK doesn’t know, but we advise all Neutrals to stay safe within Borealis and to avoid it if possible during this horrible and frightful period.

I took the necessary measures to maintain order. Should the crowd have heeded my orders to disperse, none of this would have happened.

Yet again the Neutrals and Clans cause mayhem where none is welcome.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Ahum, do i understand that this was a situation where the Juggernaut had to be activated? In a peacefull demonstration?

To me this simply seems as using excessive force on something that could possibly have been prevented by a simple but official appearance of one of the officials giving a listening ear to the people rather than an immediate attack on them. Its an outrage!
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Metafly, just a few nights ago I myself was offering my ear to the people and all they did was spout gibberish about how I needed to "open my ears". How do you expect people to listen to you when you speak nothing but incoherent rubbish and act like a village idiot?

What this article failed to outline is that i was running diagnostics on the Juggernaut prior to the crowds arrival, meaning that a number of subroutines were already active.

The Juggernaut houses a complex A.I and auto targetting and detection system, when the Juggernaut detected a threat; it enacted corrective measures.

Gibberish is also talking however still not understanding people is never a reason to kill them for.

And Agentcora, do you mean to say its that easy to loose control over the Juggernaut? Your simply doing some maintenance work and that means you loose control? Sounds like that thing needs to be deactivated forever.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

So on top of the deaths being caused, you're killing your own people now, Cora?

I suspect your need for popularity has earned you an all time high. Congratulations. I'll be keeping my good eye out for the obituaries in the coming weeks. I suspect it won't be easy to get around in your own territories now. Enemies could be hiding anywhere...
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Lose control? No not at all, the crowd was being unruly and disorderly; i welcomed the intervention the Juggernaut offered.

Any Omni-Tek employee that were present were unloyal and refusing to comply with instructions. Their termination and subsequent Reformation have allowed them to become better citizens.

Yes lose control in the sense that i remember reading somewhere that an omni official mentioned that the Juggernaut was not going to be used unless it was absolutely a nessecity. This was not a nessecity. The way you explain it, it almost seems way to much of a "in your eyes positive" coincidence that it was turned on and automatically managed to kill this amount of people
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Lose control? No not at all, the crowd was being unruly and disorderly; i welcomed the intervention the Juggernaut offered.

Any Omni-Tek employee that were present were unloyal and refusing to comply with instructions. Their termination and subsequent Reformation have allowed them to become better citizens.
    I think the word you are looking for is disloyal.

I also think you have a very disillusioned view of what's happened. But that's okay. I'll keep this just between us. It's not my business to discuss your interpretation of facts that you've manufactured for yourself.

But, you have made yourself an enemy to your own people. Whatever knife that is going to end up in your back, is your problem. When I get to the point where I can say "I told you so," you won't be around to hear it. You'll be too busy looking up from the cold ground into the eyes of whatever 'disloyal' killer just happened to seize the opportunity.

Take a moment to consider the levity of this. If all it took was a flip of the switch of a Omni-Pol Command Juggernaut to flush out 'disloyal' members of Omni-tek personnel, imagine for a moment just how many are among you that aren't as obvious.

Buahahahahaha!
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The security increases are needed now more than ever, it seems every other day there is a disturbance in the city. This is all Omni-Tek can do to keep the city safe.
    Omni-AF

A heartfelt loss I feel for the lives that were destroyed yesterday as tensions reached an all time high. Most of Borealis was sacked hard yesterday and its impossible to even get construction crews out there to repair any damages. I saw the footage on the grid.

Damn shame... my heart goes out to the survivors, and their families.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...