Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday June 18th...Game is glitching bad....

Tuesday June 18th...Game is glitching bad....

Yo what did the elves mess up in the downtime??? Login is glitchy...game chat is glitchy...keeps disconnecting.....have issues with zoning.

I've seen other ppls have issues....we know this is serverwide

WTB fix plz and Thank you!!!!
    Eaglestrider 220/16 Soli Agent
    Lockd 220/20 NM Engi
    *alts,alts, & more alts *

General of: ShadowOps

Ok logged back in chat is working ....but alot of ppls r getting stuck zoning and alot of RK rubberbanding.....
    Lockd 220/20 NM Engi

i get stuck in game every 30 minutes
    cant zone, dont see anyone moving, if i sit i cant stand up anymore....
    basically nothing works except chat

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    i get stuck in game every 30 minutes
    cant zone, dont see anyone moving, if i sit i cant stand up anymore....
    basically nothing works except chat
    Exactly!

Bump for a problem fix!
    Lockd 220/20 NM Engi

I haven't logged in since May 23rd.

Everything's working real good for me. Family's happy, played squash and touch footy a few times, spent some long hours at the office catching up on stuff, made a batch of beer, and even got out to UQ to feed the ducks and watch the turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Everything's working real good for me. Family's happy, played squash and touch footy a few times, spent some long hours at the office catching up on stuff, made a batch of beer, and even got out to UQ to feed the ducks and watch the turtles.
    People feeding ducks is one of the main reasons male ducks gangbang the female ones.

Theres simply too many ducks gathering at one place because they know they will be fed.

so it wasnt my internet correction after all to be blamed after yesterday's disconnects
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    People feeding ducks is one of the main reasons male ducks gangbang the female ones.

Theres simply too many ducks gathering at one place because they know they will be fed.
    Also you really should not feed them bread. Instead, if you must, feed them vegetables and seeds.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I like Peking duck!

Confirmed: Hardware maintenance included a serious hardware downgrade. Hamsters exchanged for slimy, cold blooded salamanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Confirmed: Hardware maintenance included a serious hardware downgrade. Hamsters exchanged for slimy, cold blooded salamanders.
    Oh god, Its the year of the salamander again? Hope its not the same one they used in 2005...
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    Oh god, Its the year of the salamander again? Hope its not the same one they used in 2005...
    Well, no, actually it's the year of the snake, but close enough...
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Sounds like a good life, except that it can't be too good if you're still trolling these forums.

/logic'd
    Proud Member of Paradise

so busy inrl I didn't even notice server issues. Obviously it shall be fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

just logged in... chat works, game unresponsive

edit: and here we have the disco

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    just logged in... chat works, game unresponsive

edit: and here we have the disco
    Exactly...

It usually happens like this:
    - on random zones, it zones you through
    - game client is unresponsive like it's being hit by a lag spike
    - chat works perfectly fine
    - game clients waits for the timeout period to expire and then disconnects you from the game
    - once you log back in the same zone, no more disconnects occur and everything works just fine

I noticed that if I can trigger procs on each zone I don't get disconnected.

Just to make sure that it wasn't my connection, I left a ping running in the background for a website from the USA (I'm in Europe). I left it till it sent ~25k pings. I only had 4 packets lost, the game disconnected 8 times on random zoning.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

You nailed the problem... i forgot to log out of AO then fell asleep, and after 8 hours I was still logged in.
    Then after a few random zones it glitched. Definitely not connection unstability

Devil Inside

And i thought i was the only one.. I've put laptop on the floor and connected to monitor so possibility of bad wireless signal was an option. But I am glad this is not the case and that it can be repaired.

I keep disconnecting very often so it bugs my game, like 5 times per hour when i zone a lot. The most disturbing picture was flying over City of Tir which had 3 houses then flying west to Varmint, and while I am deep inside Varmint ( no zone point) I run into grey unpassable area ahead. Also no monsters/people around.

Temporary solution ALT-F4+ ALT-F4, or entering zone point like door sometimes gets you immediately disconnected.

i found out a convenable method
    when game freezes, you type /camp
    after 30 seconds, if it doesnt logs you out, press enter, type a random message and then press enter again
    after that, you get to your character selection and can start playing again

fix this stupid bug already

Devil Inside

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast