Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contrasting Proffesions in PvP

Contrasting Proffesions in PvP

I would like to open a discussion on whats classes are best though worst in PvP, I think it is an interesting topic. Also I _STONGLY_ think that FunCom needs our input on this subject, it helps them plan to balance PvP (If the are going to try).

If you look this character up you will think, "Oh this is just another newb posting a pointless thread, a newb who knows nothing about PvP," but please, not only is this irrelevant, but false. Im not going to go into who I was/am here though.

My impressions of PvP:

I think MetaPhysicist has the most potential, though it is a difficult class to PvP with, and not many have mastered it... NS+Curse

Next I think its a near tie between Doctors and Traders. This is obviously mostly because they have excellent debuffs.

Enforcers and Martial Artists. Melee is a setback, but Enforcers have rage and flurry, and MAs have heals and crits.

Agents: Great damage output, but little life and no healing. (Maybe in FP they could do a little healing though)

NTs are somewhere around Agents or Soldiers, they have a steady damage output and Nullity Sphere is pretty useful.

Soldiers... Good alpha with Total Mirror Shield.

Im not quite sure where to put Fixers... Not many PvPed when I was an avid PvPer. I know for a fact they are hard to kill, but I also hear they have a low dmg output (which I dont necessarily agree with). They seem to be either on the level with Enforcers and MAs, Agents, or Soldiers.

I also dont know the potential of Adventurers. Adventurers RARELY PvPed before 14.2, but now I see them PvPing a lot.

Bureaucrats and Engineers are at the bottom. Very few nanos that are usefull in PvP.

So:

MP
    Doc/Trader
    Enf/MA -----
    Agent ----- } Fixer
    Soldier ----- } NT
    Adv
    Crat/Engi

I would like some input on this and see everyone else's opinion.
    Last edited by Docervorin; Oct 19th, 2002 at 17:10:30.

Most of the post made sense, although I'm not agreeing all that much with mp's having most potential.
    They have heals, damage, and debuffs, true, but their damage isn't great, with dark blue skills, and pets that don't do all that much damage (only great thing is the min damage, and speed).
    THe heals are low and slow, and against a doc, a simple debuff will put -2.1k init to that healing

Gah, forgot, NSD has high NR check, making a prepared opponent almost impossible to land one on :P
    Although -120, and quake is nice indeed ;p

I think MPs do have very much potential. NSD may have a 160% resist but with unmakes and MQ that can swiftly disable an opponents nanoskills
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

I think pvp is balanced and not balanced at the same time when it comes to dueling.

Example is you take your top of the food chain MP against a Enforcer... :-\ No matter how well prepared he is, hes gonna get a beat down each times.

Some professions are easier to pvp with then others, others can be really good when they have the right equipment with the right tactic and the good guy playing with it. Some people worked miracles with so called "gimped" professions... In the end, if you look at it in a certain way, each professions can kill another one that could get beaten by another one wich makes somekind of circle. Some people can break that circle wich is cool, sometimes the generale rule of: Enforcers beat Mp's easily can be broken by a ubber MP to a not ready Enforcer heh. Thats what I really like myself about the system right now, everyone is running around saying its impossible to beat Traders, yet I know alot of people that can beat them on a regular basis or has done it and can do it again. (Mazine told me she beated one a week or 2 ago) I'm gonna play this game till I can beat traders on a regular basis or they gimp them or my class and make it boring heh

I think FC is aware of most the issues out there and they're trying or not fixing some of them cause they like it the way it is now.

Originally posted by DrZatan
    I think pvp is balanced and not balanced at the same time when it comes to dueling.

Example is you take your top of the food chain MP against a Enforcer... :-\ No matter how well prepared he is, hes gonna get a beat down each times.
    That is untrue. Enforcers are one of the easiest classes for me to beat. It's martial artist that MPs are weak against.

Yeah, nanoshutdown is all but useless unless im fighting someone around lvl 160ish. I know at 160ish there's a good chance they haven't maxed and implanted nano resist yet.

but vs. enforcer (so easy I feel like I'm cheating):

Buff with everything nanoskills related. I get my nanoskills to around 980 this way, higher than most folks' nr. go full defense. My attack rating is only 800, so i could care less if I shoot slower. with 1200 nano init, i still insta cast. and yeah I use pets hehe.

-100 mind quake nuke. Enforcers have bad nano skills to begin with and they always start looking for a rage/mongo/whatever they can use after I nuke them. No rage=less nano resist

-120 dominate (stacks with mind quake and both have 100% nr check, so i almost always get them off). 5 minute debuff

-300ish init debuff/damage debuff (enforcer is sure to either hit slower or go full agg and still hit slower

anima pet with ql239 abomination anima

stun and move as far away as possible, go to full aggro, shoot them while the pet chews on them. Im also healing up durng this time

nuke nuke nuke (once chronos has recharged. range increaser helps me hit them at max range)

stun

repeat.

So it's possible and even easy to beat an enforcer as an mp.

But MAs rawk me too badly. My debuffs don't affect them very much because they hit so fast anyways and just when I got them down to 20% they shen/brawl/dimach or flower of life/dimach/brawl and I'm dead :/

MPs have an extreme amount of potential in pvp, alot more if our pets' attack ratings were higher!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Ah? Really, I thought Enforcers ad it real easy against enf :-O

You learn everyday I swear...

Jekyll, as I (tried to, anyways ;p) said in my additional post, Dominates and Mind Quake are the strong points from mp's.

Other than that, they are generally squishy, as they heal a bit slow, do'nt do all that much damage, and as TheDeacon said, mp pets have a bit low attack rating.

Hmm wonder If the Best heal pet has less then 460 in psy?
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

I would like to see Deac do this vs a good level 200 enforcer.

You can fear my pets if that is what you are wondering Big. :P

Hmm, Deacon in my experience, as an enforcer with high nano resist, stuns, roots and more are a thing of the past, if one does get through, well boo :P

And it doesnt always go by the way you planned :P

I think for starters you need to seperate this in several pvp domains, which classes are good varies wildly on

a. what level range you are talking about

b. whether you are talking about mass pvp (2HO/Tara is onother huge difference there imo)

or

c. duels (selfbuffed or not makes a huge difference there as well)

I don't claim to be a pvp expert at all because frankly I am not , but the difference between b and c for instance is enormous. Most extreme example maybe being soldiers.

While they are mediocre in duels they are probably the best class in mass pvp aso, aso. You can't really say a class is good in pvp without specifying what kind of pvp you are talking about.

Smart enforcer wont go into battle without rage running which could give enforcer upwards to 1500 + nanoresist given that will be highest nanoresist rating any profession can get. Running mind quake on them would be like rolling the dice. Enforcer can also scare away pets at the snap of a finger leaving the mp to fend for themselves. I'm sure if you fought a stupid enforcer you would win but a smart mp vs smart enforcer the mp will get owned.

Sweetie, for those who don't know give them the validation on why you know about MP's hun .

Originally posted by DrZatan
    Hit it right on the dot. Too many people are quick to scream nerf when they have trouble beating someone. People are meant to have classes that are difficult for their class. And simply put, many times it goes down to not what you are, but how good you are at pvp'ing.

Take for example: Zenoman vs Drzatan duel. Zeno loses due to Drzatan being the better pvp'r. Zeno doesnt scream "NERF THE DOC". Now you can throw in the arguments, well NT's still haven't been fixed, and docs have complete heals. Bottom line is some people are better than others in pvp. Despite how nerf'd NT's are, you still have the likes of Gunnandahalf owning people. It simply boils down to knowing your advantages and disadvantages, and being a good pvp'er. YOU HAVE TO HAVE DISADVANTAGES! So complaining about another proff's advantage over you does no good.

People complain about GA4, or MA's, or Docs, or Traders drains, or this, or that. etc.

My comment on Docs:
    "Only problem with docs is the complete heal. DONT NERF DOCS FC! Just one possible imbalance, the rest is up to the skill of the players."
    Last edited by CBoom; Oct 20th, 2002 at 08:11:43.

I can't remember the last time I was actually able to use Complete Heal in PvP.

-Yense

Originally posted by Federot

-Yense
    Hehe yeah

"Debuff the doc first!!11"

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Federot

-Yense
    Must not fight too much.

How about the last time you fought a soldier? enforcer? martial artist? fixer? crat?

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Must not fight too much.

How about the last time you fought a soldier? enforcer? martial artist? fixer? crat?
    He means mass-pvp, there the doc usually gets debuffed first to prevent CH's.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah

Hehe yeah

"Debuff the doc first!!11"

Lol, yea it really ticks me off when im fighting a target and they get CHed by a doc i didn't see before...but going for the doc is always a problem solver in 2ho
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast