Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Team Meep at Towers

Fixer Team Meep at Towers

Premise:
    We can all agree that the fixer team meep is both a valid part of the fixer's toolset yet, at the same time, overpowered in it's use regarding notum wars tower battles. It would be dishonest to both sides of the situation to either remove the ability or leave it as stands. Having anti-meep towers or anything of the like is more complicated than it needs to be and will just result in different tactics to negate the changes.

My Proposed Solution:
    It's simple. I propose a 10 second capped cast time for all team meep nanos. That's the only change. Self-only stays the same as is. The time period is short enough not to cause too much of a problem for it's intended use of transporting teams back into the grid from far away places. It will still be, by far, the fastest way to grid out. It is also a long enough time period to give tower defenders a chance to take out the fixer before he executes his nano or, at least, time to interrupt the cast. Or they can take out at least 1-2 members of the fixers team before they get away. But at the same time, it still gives the team a way out if they can survive long enough.

I think that this is the most balanced way to approach the situation. If anybody has any better suggestions, I would love to hear them.

On a side note, this topic is not here to discuss Omni vs. Clan. Both sides have and still use the tactic at tower wars. I advise the mods to remove ANY posts that try to sway the topic in that direction.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

my proposed solution for when you have trouble with fixer team meep at towers http://i.qkme.me/3uvt7f.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    my proposed solution for when you have trouble with fixer team meep at towers http://i.qkme.me/3uvt7f.jpg
    Unless they are gone as soon as they see you.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

so don't let them see you?

i was at tl5 wars last night on my 200 fix and had a lower lvl fix in team, he got cold toe's and meeped the team out b4 any1 got chance to even engage the defenders. i like my fixers and support either the max cap on team meep / anti meep towers or compleatly disable the team meep in 25% gas or under.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    i was at tl5 wars last night on my 200 fix ... i support either the max cap on team meep / anti meep towers or compleatly disable the team meep in 25% gas or under.
    translation: grey tl5 fixers occasionally manage to meep before i drop them. fix this so i can get my free kills and then log out when 220's show up.

not gonna lie, while 207 twinks argueably "ruined" tl5 pvp, the abundance of 200 twinks was the final nail in the coffin. why bother making a tl5 twink when you'll spend 90% of the time clearing out tl6's on your 220 main?

10 seconds is too long in every other situation than the towers one.

Many moons ago I remember being in a borgs team as a froob, where our team of 5 got accidentally trained by someone else's kite. Forgetting that we were all high level enough that the fixer in our team would be able to cast his top team evacs by that point, we struggled to keep each other alive and were pretty much expecting to die when we suddenly zoned.

Being able to save your team's backsides in a situation like that might seem like a small thing, but it's one of the memories that stands out years later. That's kind of what the nano is for, no? Even the description of the nano suggests it's an emergency arse-saving measure. And it needs to remain able to do that outside the context of towers, which is only one aspect of the game.

If this is really going to cause problems, make it different for gas suppression levels of 25% or below. There are people in this game who are doing other things than griefing towers all day, and some of them are newcomers who don't need PvP problems overflowing into PvM before they get to grips with it.

TLDR: Honestly, I'd just leave things as they are and recognize the people whose actions have spawned threads like this evidently aren't looking for PvP anyway. Therefore leave their attempts at trollbaiting alone and unfulfilled. The most they'll get if they persist is some pink tower spam. Whoopdee-frakking-doo. Replant it after they're done or take it back later, who cares. Either way, towers without players is just PvM and not worth the time.
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Jun 17th, 2013 at 15:13:56.
    :E

so don't let them see you?
    How do you expect to do this?
    Facebook

not gonna lie, while 207 twinks argueably "ruined" tl5 pvp, the abundance of 200 twinks was the final nail in the coffin. why bother making a tl5 twink when you'll spend 90% of the time clearing out tl6's on your 220 main?
    ive got a 150 doc for pve, im just tied of login it seeing its not needed so i log my 200 fix for support.
    Last edited by Rikaria; Jun 17th, 2013 at 15:30:33.

PvP
    PvE
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    How do you expect to do this?
    by pressing h

ive got a 150 doc for pve, im just tied of login it seeing its not needed so i log my 200 fix for support.
    i don't think "support" means what you think it means.

by pressing h
    Hide from one of the professions with the highest perception in the game. And then sneak up on the profession with the highest run speed in the game. And then kill said profession with the highest evades in the game before he can cast 1 nano.

You are funny.
    Facebook

i don't think "support" means what you think it means.
    So mr i dont troll much, what dose support mean then, my understanding of it is assist dd on tower if im in range or sneek if not, or just sneek till defenders rush and pick off a nice clam with my alpha. Not to be meeped out b4 any combat happens, or giving out buffs if needed.

Hide from one of the professions with the highest perception in the game.
    false. advies have more precep than fixers

And then sneak up on the profession with the highest run speed in the game.
    so are they running or are they killing your towers? because, and it's been a while so correct me if i'm wrong, your runspeed is exactly 0 when you're parked at a tower pushing dd

And then kill said profession with the highest evades in the game before he can cast 1 nano.
    scenario 1: you and 3 agent friends come in and press o. fixer dead.
    scenario 2: you log your nt, NBS out of LOS, run in triple + feast. fixer dead.
    scenario 3: you log your trox agent and MR + PEswap. fixer probably dead
    scenario 4. you log your trader, your buddy logs his enfo, you SS giving your enfo friend enough time to MR and smash his face against his keyboard. fixer dead.

AO PVP rewards creativity. there's another dozen or so combinations that work. try them, and see which you prefer.

You are funny.
    i agree

So mr i dont troll much, what dose support mean then, my understanding of it is assist dd on tower if im in range or sneek if not, or just sneek till defenders rush and pick off a nice clam with my alpha. Not to be meeped out b4 any combat happens, or giving out buffs if needed.
    with that definition everyone that is on your side is "support"

no. support is a profession the compounds and augments a force's existing capabilities. like doctors (heals), engies (blockers) and crats (def).

support is NOT sitting in sneak waiting for someone you can hit to run by or shades would be the best support prof ingame
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 17th, 2013 at 16:15:51.

false. advies have more precep than fixers
    I said one of the highest, not the highest. Learn to read?

so are they running or are they killing your towers? because, and it's been a while so correct me if i'm wrong, your runspeed is exactly 0 when you're parked at a tower pushing dd
    You rarely stay at the same spot at towers. By the time you sneak out of range and get close enough to attack, your target has most likely already moved.

scenario 1: you and 3 agent friends come in and press o. fixer dead.
    scenario 2: you log your nt, NBS out of LOS, run in triple + feast. fixer dead.
    scenario 3: you log your trox agent and MR + PEswap. fixer probably dead
    scenario 4. you log your trader, your buddy logs his enfo, you SS giving your enfo friend enough time to MR and smash his face against his keyboard. fixer dead.
    Scenario 1: Engi in team, lol at your AS.
    Scenario 2: 50/50 chance of killing fixer.
    Scenario 3: Engi is team, lol at your AS
    Scenario 4: Fixer meeps before you land SS because he sees you.

You can forum pvp all you want. Or we can create toolsets that are balanced for everybody involved. The fixer team meep is going to get touched no matter how much you dislike that. The question is how we can attack the situation where everybody is treated in a fair way. If you want to go around screaming "LOL NOTHINGS WRONG", go for it. But you are not being helpful in the discussion. It shouldn't require the alignment of the planets in order to stop a certain part of a toolset.
    Facebook

I said one of the highest, not the highest. Learn to read?
    you're right, you did. my bad. unfortunately, without istare we still can't see anything worth seeing.

You rarely stay at the same spot at towers. By the time you sneak out of range and get close enough to attack, your target has most likely already moved.
    a small griefing party does not have the DD to clear clusters that fast.

Scenario 1: Engi in team, lol at your AS.
    Scenario 2: 50/50 chance of killing fixer.
    Scenario 3: Engi is team, lol at your AS
    Scenario 4: Fixer meeps before you land SS because he sees you.
    1: man i wish i had my own personal engie to hug every time i went out to pvp . 2: closer to 80% 3: see:1 4: we can't see traders without istare, can still SS at 40m ramge

You can forum pvp all you want. Or we can create toolsets that are balanced for everybody involved. The fixer team meep is going to get touched no matter how much you dislike that. The question is how we can attack the situation where everybody is treated in a fair way. If you want to go around screaming "LOL NOTHINGS WRONG", go for it. But you are not being helpful in the discussion. It shouldn't require the alignment of the planets in order to stop a certain part of a toolset.
    how about we first address all the instadeath mechanics that currently exist before we address the only tool fixers have to mitigate them in open-world pvp?

how about we first address all the instadeath mechanics that currently exist before we address the only tool fixers have to mitigate them in open-world pvp?
    You can still mitigate them. I said that self-only would not be touched.
    Facebook

It's going to be really hard to keep this balanced across the board when the problem is so localized to this one single aspect of gameplay.

Seriously, can we start ignoring the griefers? They probably get more of their kicks from seeing y'all wound up on the forums than from trashing your towers. They're not even looking for PvP they're just looking for attention, attempting to engage in PvP with them is a waste of your time and energy.

You can still mitigate them. I said that self-only would not be touched.
    not sure how meeping myself will save my crat friend who just got SB rooted, ate a double and had a shade pop up behind him with MR up. or my doctor friend locked in FS stun chain with an enfo queueing their alpha on him. or my NSD'd soldier friend. or any myriad of other professions who had their def tools disabled and are on the verge of dying.

but i mean, hey, if we're trying to completely ruin open-world pvp for all fixers just because a few fixers may have killed a tower and meeped we can continue to pretend an instant team meep has no reason to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    It's going to be really hard to keep this balanced across the board when the problem is so localized to this one single aspect of gameplay.
    really the only sensible way of reducing griefing aspect of the meep while keeping its utility would probably be a lockout of some sort. say, 10-15 minute lockout per use? that way we keep our "get out of jail free" card but reduce the abuseability of hit and run tactics.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 17th, 2013 at 17:15:41.

not sure how meeping myself will save my crat friend who just got SB rooted, ate a double and had a shade pop up behind him with MR up. or my doctor friend locked in FS stun chain with an enfo queueing their alpha on him. or my NSD'd soldier friend. or any myriad of other professions who had their def tools disabled and are on the verge of dying
    It's PvP. People die. One profession shouldn't be able to completely mitigate that for an entire team.
    Facebook

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast