Thread: New Intro?

New Intro?

New intro/trailer on testlive. New to me anyway. It's much better then what we have now.

Umm, "Play Intro" checkbox in settings is greyed out for me... How did you get the intro to play, and what's it like?
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

I've been reinstalling testlive client couple three times now to get it to see my Live toons current status...no joy, anyway it started automagically.

green funcom logo

Female voice over "My father taught me to use a gun..."

you see a 10-ish tr old girl followed by about a minute long narration with cut scenes of colony ships landing on RK, decrepit Omni trailer park, Mine w/ accident-- miners come pouring out of entrance and express their displeasure at an Omni trooper, final scene is camera pulls back and she's grown up, wondering when she'll be able to put her gun down, as she picks it up and begins blazing away at a massive attack.

my testlive client is still borked but try making a brand new toon on testlive.

Not new, that movie's been around for ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKJM0vOroc

As to why Byte can't check the box /shrug
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

The intro is not provided with the client anymore, hence the greyed bow.

I wonder why you received it with a patch, if FC want the intro back I guess they will have to replace the first seconds with the new logo. They don't use the green logo anymore.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I'd kinda like to see it brought back to be honest. This game used to have so much potential for compelling stories. Now it's just a game like every other.

I really should've gotten into MMOs back when they were seen more as virtual worlds than epeen contests.
    :E

Ya, I remember that intro from a decade ago.

For AO videos most players likely haven't seen, watch the Animated Series that hasn't aged gracefully.