Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday's downtime

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    Old anniversary items have been added to the loot folders of all Nomads at a lower drop chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Last year we were unable to cover Rubi-Ka with Nomads of varying QLs due to a technical limitation which no longer exists post-merge. Rubi-Ka will be dotted with nomads of varying levels, similar to years prior.
    I hate to keep bugging you since you've already replied so many times on the subject, but we still haven't heard the main thing we want to confirm. Is the loot of these nomads going to include nomad armor or are twinks going to be shat on again with purely social loot/"birthday items"?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    I hate to keep bugging you since you've already replied so many times on the subject, but we still haven't heard the main thing we want to confirm. Is the loot of these nomads going to include nomad armor or are twinks going to be shat on again with purely social loot/"birthday items"?
    Well, seems you can buy it this year, from the patchnotes?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Clearly he's asking about armor and things at QLs other than 300.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Sorry for being unclear

Nomads of a large QL range will be all over Rubi-Ka (starting next week). Every Nomad has a chance to drop Nomad armor, in addition to the normal Social stuff.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Stuff
    ilu Michi. <3
    :E

hello, I am relatively new to AO. Came back almost 2 months ago after trying it in 2005 and just went paid.
    1. Would like if someone answered or put a link to what Nomads are and what this event is all about.
    2. Also, do I have any chance getting armor with lvl 100ish soldier. XD
    3. Is there a list of anniversary items? heard something about jetpack so wondering if it drops.
    TY

Quote Originally Posted by Nokturno6E View Post
    hello, I am relatively new to AO. Came back almost 2 months ago after trying it in 2005 and just went paid.
    1. Would like if someone answered or put a link to what Nomads are and what this event is all about.
    3. Is there a list of anniversary items? heard something about jetpack so wondering if it drops.
    TY
    1) Basically, its just some kind of armor that drop from mobs named "Nomad" or something. They will most likely be found at different tower fields (starting next week).
    2) Yes, the QL goes from like 1 up to level 300. So if you go to a tower field that is like level 50-120 somewhere, you will find nomads armor in that QL range~
    3) There will most likely be a list as soon as the event launch. I don't think any of the GMs or Devs want to spoil us already..

Quote Originally Posted by Nokturno6E View Post
    1. Link to an Auno search for nomad armor The event in question is the 12th(i think) birthday of Anarchy Online, part of the event is an invasion of desert nomads and their leader the Desert Rider demands tribute from all of Rubi Ka, a clever lad (or lass?) called the Tinker has a cunning plan to stuff high-explosive Greek warriors in the tribute crates, a marvel of bio engineering. So basically we get to hunt Nomads for armor and tribute items and then turn in the items to the Tinker, once a sufficient amount has been turned in the Desert Rider comes to collect, after that it is somewhat unclear what happens, fragments of knowledge suggests a Flag-troll turns up during the fight and starts ganking the PvM-ing teams competing for the loot.
    2. Indeed you can get good ql armor, i believe Mort will be an ok zone level wise for 100-ish toons, make sure to get the shoulder pads in as high ql as you can, they buff agi/sense and for a soldier that is gold for putting on Artillery symbiants.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

You all also forgot to mention that Nomad Armor look rocks ;3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Huh, what, eh, hmmmmm.

Monday's downtime will be for a patch, not maintenance (no idea why the post says otherwise...that should be adjusted). It'll be adding in NPCs and loottable changes in preparation for the birthday events.

Tomorrow's downtime is for actual hardware maintenance, not a patch or anything.
    Okay, sooo its a patch or maintenance? Wait! Why do i care..............

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    Okay, sooo its a patch or maintenance? Wait! Why do i care..............
    Monday: patch

"Tomorrow" which is now today: maintenance
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Last year we were unable to cover Rubi-Ka with Nomads of varying QLs due to a technical limitation which no longer exists post-merge. Rubi-Ka will be dotted with nomads of varying levels, similar to years prior.

AO's birthday is on the 27th of June. We plan to kick things off then and keep them going for a couple weeks. Also, this is worth noting and checking out.

Tomorrow's downtime is for actual hardware maintenance, not a patch or anything.
    Great to hear! Thanks for keeping us informed

Purely as a point of historical interest, (given that I was a Pioneer), the servers didn't actually go Live until July 1st, and it was July 2nd before most of us could actually log in and create a character.

Others who were present at launch may recall that a large percentage of the original retail packages sold here in North America contained bad CD's; I actually had to return two, and got lucky on the third.

Anyhow, none of this is intended to be in any way a complaint, (there is far too much negativity in these forums), I'm just fondly remembering the pioneer days. The lag was horrendous, the crashes were frequent, and the rollerrats in the Clan backyards were a holy terror, but there was a feeling of something exciting and new. We were in at the launch of the world's first true Science-Fiction MMO, and one that had come from a source outside the soul-less corporate US games industry. There were boobies everywhere, Atrox in thongs, nobody but the beta-testers had a clue how the game worked, and the rivers were full of SHARKS that would follow you up onto the land and eat you. Ah, those were the days...
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post

Omg, i missed a day somewhere.........I wonder if i missed a dose on the weekend............hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post

so wait, vhab is still with FC? Double the reason to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    No, he's not.. He knows how to read forums still tho, so i guess we can celebrate that..

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Dunno... FC probably forgot to get IT to flip the switch off for his FC logins. So he probably ninja logs in to fix more AO bugs.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Funcom employee

They often let us older farts kick around forums access because they're cool like that.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    confirmed: old devs are still fixing bugs for AO!
    Fixed! They simply can't quit AO. I wonder if FC bribes them with a lifetime sub.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

FC doesn't need to. Just look at the rest of us: we can't seem to quit either. :E
    :E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast