Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual-logging question

Dual-logging question

Hi, I'm looking for the worst possible dual logged combination, any suggestions to achieve this?

Nt nt

^it filtered my caps they were legit

I can see two NTs actually working though, alternating NBG and NSII. You would also only need one to cast SI and both NT's could swap back and forth to cast DM while focusing on survival.

Gotta go deeper, must find the absolute worst! I have one in mind myself but want to see what else people can come up with.

I just thought it'd be terrible tabbing every 1.5s, unless you want to log in two toons to do the same damage as one NT.

ranged advy + agent.

agent needs to lose agg, ranged advy can't do enough damage to pull agg off, meaning agent has to tank and the advy has to spam heals due to minimal damage mitigation on the agent.

This also means the agent can't repeat AS due to having agg.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ranged advy + agent.

agent needs to lose agg, ranged advy can't do enough damage to pull agg off, meaning agent has to tank and the advy has to spam heals due to minimal damage mitigation on the agent.

This also means the agent can't repeat AS due to having agg.
    In this case the agent could do better in a mimic other than doctor and instead use something like mimic crat and pull some hefty charms to help do some damage. Advy should be able to tank and have better survival than the agent now.

Still a pretty good one but I know there are worse out there

I'd say "shade+shade" because the apm required for that would probably cause physical pain.

Strictly ingame, fixer+fixer sounds like it would have very little synergy. Or Trader+enfo perhaps if the drains aren't enough to make the mobs miss significantly more.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Shade + NT sounds awfull to me.
    Shade need to use perk chains and NT will do nothing AFK.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Two shades would definately be rough Both being able to use shade's caress is not too bad though, and you can have two different procs running which helps in a way.

Fixer+fixer was what I was thinking, considering they can do nothing to really support each other.

Shade+NT, that might be the worst, since the NT can't even auto-attack lol. There is a small gap in shade actions if you cut out the lowest piercing perks, you might have enough time for an SI+DM but that's pushing it. NT can't even benefit from shade's caress...the blind and calms can help a bit but it's still pretty bad.

fixers have a pretty decent toolset for soloing, and at end game the fixers would only need to cast the team short hot half as often.... and from my memory it's pretty nano intensive so this would help a bit.

But in general I agree that profs that don't have good in combat team buffs are likely going to be one of the worst. Then it's just a matter of figuring out who is the other worst.

I'm tending to agree with seoin though. two NT's would be brutal.

Whats interesting about this conversation is that none of the "AMG you rolled prof XYZ you should reroll before you died from stepping in a leet turd" profs, ie. the ones you never ask to team... are being mentioned.

like, I know you said agents can cast a charm, but really? I think the best charms you can do are the RK ones which mean at 220 you're gunna be grabbing a gray mob... that's not going to help for sh*t, furthermore agents can't even cast heroic measures, which really is a fantastic element if only they could use it.

And ranged advies using troaler/pewher are by far and away the most frustrating non-DPS pretend DPS class I've ever played.

I kind of thought for sure someone was going to say MP, but realistically MP's actually bring a fair bit to the table in a duo situation: nice nano skill buffs, so-so debuffs, so-so health/nano recharge, -cost, a heal pet, and even so-so DPS.

The one I was sort of thinking is MA / MA. The crit buff benefit is obviously lost due to always running a higher self buff, there's no team buffs, and you can't even trade backstabs or AS's on agg switch.

At least fixer you got team hots. I don't even know an MA who can cast best team heal without a MP+trader in team.

Heck, since we're going down this road, enf/enf is pretty shiesty too since again, no backstabs, lower DPS than MA, and doesn't benefit from agg swapping, and one enf will always be at a disadvantage due to shield damage not getting counted due to no agg, enforcers as well have absolutely minimal team buffs. In fact the only benefit two enforcers could have is from blessing of life on steady rotation. That's pretty piss poor imo.

like, I know you said agents can cast a charm, but really? I think the best charms you can do are the RK ones which mean at 220 you're gunna be grabbing a gray mob... that's not going to help for sh*t, furthermore agents can't even cast heroic measures, which really is a fantastic element if only they could use it.
    agents, however, do have access to a whole lot of tools to complement the other class they are dual'd with. And agent with another agent is almost like having 2 different classes, so that one's also not that bad.

I kind of thought for sure someone was going to say MP, but realistically MP's actually bring a fair bit to the table in a duo situation: nice nano skill buffs, so-so debuffs, so-so health/nano recharge, -cost, a heal pet, and even so-so DPS.
    also, pets do not require any apm once you set them on the mob and player respectively, allowing you to focus on a single char for the most part. Further, 2 pet profs combined means they can just switch between pets and recast as necessary.

The one I was sort of thinking is MA / MA. The crit buff benefit is obviously lost due to always running a higher self buff, there's no team buffs, and you can't even trade backstabs or AS's on agg switch.
    However, MA on its own is already pretty darn good at soloing, so having 2 of them's not going to be bad.

At least fixer you got team hots. I don't even know an MA who can cast best team heal without a MP+trader in team.
    team heal while dual logged killing a single mob should be entirely unimportant since only one char should be taking damage. Further, when going fixer+fixer only one of them will provide useful buffs.

Heck, since we're going down this road, enf/enf is pretty shiesty too since again, no backstabs, lower DPS than MA, and doesn't benefit from agg swapping, and one enf will always be at a disadvantage due to shield damage not getting counted due to no agg, enforcers as well have absolutely minimal team buffs. In fact the only benefit two enforcers could have is from blessing of life on steady rotation. That's pretty piss poor imo.
    they would, however, still be able to take down a lot simply by swapping aggro and regenerating while the other one's taking a beating.

Afaik fixers rely entirely on the mobs not hitting them. And if they do hit reliably, then having a second fixer won't help.

Nt+Nt shouldn't be bad, really. Whichever nt has aggro uses his full defense toolset + dm and the other nt is as dps orientated as possible. Combine that with detaunts/aggro swapping, ns2, nbg, nm absorb and all the other tools a nt has available and I can see it be pretty good, if a bit taxing to play.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

The Advy would be using an FA pistol not the AS pistol

Also, I wonder if the advy could pull aggro off an agent using CH if the advy used it's own CH, it should certainly be doing more damage. The agent using UBT would be handy as well.

ya agent has lots of options and 10k health at key times is pretty damn useful.

Trader + Trader
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Trader + Trader
    The only reason I disagree with this is you could put one at bor grid and one at your city's grid and save people the trouble of having to ask in both places to find a wrangle.

In all seriousness never played a trader but I can't think of worse off of the top of my head.
    Solgier
    Algar (almost) Pure DD crat
    Docgar
    Elithas

2x Shotgun Shades.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

I'd say 2 enfs. They wouldnt be able to handle adds, and agg swapping only works so far. It wouldnt be so bad when getting to high HD, but before then it would suck bad.

Although fix/fix is a terrible combination, 2 Fixers are still better than you think, you can constantly have high evades up on the tank by aggro swapping via specials (timed FA+Burst swapping). They are very decent soloers, so i dont see how having 2 could be worse. You can do quite a lot as a solo/2 fixer team, alappaa, a fair few inf dynas, catacombs. A lot of those include a tonne of adds, and they are no problem at all - the enf/enf combo would definitely suffer under adds.

I'd even bet 2 fixers could do DR.

My bet is still on enf/enf, or if not that then nt/nt.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Trader + Trader
    YEEIYF and in an emergency the shield is the only reason I held off here...still sucks though.

How about without listing the same profession twice?

Any 2 characters controlled by Gatester, because he'll be so preoccupied with thinking up the next minimally necessary thread on forums that his performance ingame will be utterly dreadful!

Different profs?

Trader+NT?
    Solgier
    Algar (almost) Pure DD crat
    Docgar
    Elithas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast