Thread: Two accounts - best toon setup?

Cool Two accounts - best toon setup?

Hello all!

Let's say you would like to spread all 14 professions to two different accounts, so that they would support each other the best way when dual logged (more PVM preferred). How would you do the setup? Enforcer to different account than Doctor sounds obvious, but how about other professions?

All thoughts welcome!

* Vinfix - Tradeskillz & Friendly Smile *

My little army:

Atlantean: Vinfix - Winday - Moboca - Nodawn - Daicy

Rimor: Artzi - Bscar (both on long vacation)

I might use 2 docs or crats, maybe even 2 solds, but following your rules, it would look like this:

crat/enf/sold/nt/eng/trade/agent
    doc/shade/keep/ma/adv/mp/fix

I think that would give you the most viable/powerful 2 box combos.... but keep in mind I only spent two minutes thinking about it =D.
    Solgier
    Algar (almost) Pure DD crat
    Docgar
    Elithas

Crat and doc on different accounts. No other slots matter, you won't need any other combo.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Elithas View Post
    I would say this is actually pretty accurate.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jun 11th, 2013 at 10:26:34.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Two soldiers.

Alternate tanking. TMS runs out, De-Taunt, Jump on a rock, or zone out real fast and let second soldier take aggro.

Also, 2x trox soldiers in Assault-Rifle - Attack Rating setup with nova swap and MR landing Burst-FA-AS x2 in a mili-second would be kinda OPed in PvP. 4x capping specials and 2 extra specials and a couple regular hits (+ root grafts) would be handy for taking out pesky critters. Not as complicated as it seems either.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Multiboxing is bannable tho (still being used by certain people..) so incase you can swap to another client/pc in millisecond that should not be possible

At best I can manage to get off all ranged specials and all perks on 2 toons in about 3 seconds. That is of course if none of the perks need to be chained.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Multiboxing is bannable tho (still being used by certain people..) so incase you can swap to another client/pc in millisecond that should not be possible
    Is it? I would think fc would encourage their player base to have multiple accounts... more $$ for them, and without having to find new consumers of their product...

Quote Originally Posted by mariposita View Post
    Is it? I would think fc would encourage their player base to have multiple accounts... more $$ for them, and without having to find new consumers of their product...
    I think fakiiri's referring to using third party programs to control both clients while only really being on one/none.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

I would put enf and engi on opposite accounts.

enf+engi is one of the most retardedly OP combos around for dealing with a lot of trash mobs (ie. pande).

Enf mongo alt tab DVP /assist enforcer\n /pet attack

insanely good DPS/dmg mitigation/ease of operation... healing kit on engi is not fantastic, but it doesn't need to be when you reduce damage by 80% or more.

-1210 AAO means better than DOF and Limber on your enf at once, PLUS it reduces the "weapon range" of the mob, ie, dropping from say 600-1200 dmg range down to like 300-500 or whatever.

Then you got 5000 AC's further reducing damage taken by 500 points, and finally you got -24% due to reflects.

It seems so few people understand how powerful this combo is, but in all honesty, it's the reason why I can solo most of pande and with one other person operating crat+doc kill everything in the zone without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I would put enf and engi on opposite accounts.

enf+engi is one of the most retardedly OP combos around for dealing with a lot of trash mobs (ie. pande).

Enf mongo alt tab DVP /assist enforcer\n /pet attack

insanely good DPS/dmg mitigation/ease of operation... healing kit on engi is not fantastic, but it doesn't need to be when you reduce damage by 80% or more.

-1210 AAO means better than DOF and Limber on your enf at once, PLUS it reduces the "weapon range" of the mob, ie, dropping from say 600-1200 dmg range down to like 300-500 or whatever.

Then you got 5000 AC's further reducing damage taken by 500 points, and finally you got -24% due to reflects.

It seems so few people understand how powerful this combo is, but in all honesty, it's the reason why I can solo most of pande and with one other person operating crat+doc kill everything in the zone without a problem.
    yeah and if you used crat+doc you could solo everything except beast without anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    No it's not. Using a third party program to command both accounts at literally the same keypress is, but having two accounts and alt-tabbing and using in-game commands and scripts is not bannable, lol.

I don't even know what multi boxing is. Never tried it, but I know of friends that duel log (very sucessfully) and play seamlessly enough that its hard to notice its the same person.

Maybe two monitors and a button press to swap keyboard commands between the screens or something.

I am sure there are alot of custom setups out there.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by mariposita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    No it's not. Using a third party program to command both accounts at literally the same keypress is, but having two accounts and alt-tabbing and using in-game commands and scripts is not bannable, lol.
    I think in this context, he's using the term multi-boxing to refer to macro programs, broadcasting software, and so forth. The section of the EULA it likely violates is using third party software to manipulate the client. Some people abuse this pretty hard.

On topic, shade+doc might be a good combo if you're looking for an evade tank. You'd lose the ability to shade+crat though, and you definitely want doc+crat imo.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    yeah and if you used crat+doc you could solo everything except beast without anyone else
    mezzing a bunch of mobs with LMN and romping on the edges isn't the same as dealing with them.

Your method involves exploits, my method involves liberal use of two OP nanos in conjunction with OP toolsets to lay waste to many mobs while not needing a lot of extra support.

Pretending a boss mob like TNH or SS is soloable with alt tab is a bit of a stretch. Any of those mobs will give you a hard time and will likely kill you a few times because LMN isn't spammable on the same mob over a short period (ie. dealing with adds isn't as easy you make it sound). While I've never made any claims to dealing with boss mobs, I will certainly say that it's a lot easier if you've got a competent engi if you're in a decent defensive setup on enforcer.

@ the OP:

your best bet to have the most well rounded capability is to use a high action prof against a low-medium action prof that also conforms to good combo logic.

low action profs in general are those which do not have chained perks, those that don't have a significant nano toolset, and those whose primary damage source isn't from specials/perks: these are:
    MA, Engi, doc if used only for healing,

a medium action prof is like crat who needs to debuff and must be somewhat awake to get a critical mezz off if stuff hits the fan.

a high action prof is like shade, doc if you intend on dotting/perking or crat if you intend on chain nuking

My feeling is that a high action prof is more difficult to dual with another high action prof, but it's not impossible.

It's possible that combo power will override the APM logic, but a big part for me of raiding has always been: how long does that activity take? (family/work/whatever else always gets in the way), so, a huge aspect for me is how much DPS can I produce using prof x+prof Y, and will those two toons perform the roles needed adequately.

Personally, I have 5 accounts:

acc 1: MA/Engi/advy/doc
    acc 2: soldier
    acc 3: keeper
    acc 4: crat/ TS trader/keeper/doc
    acc 5: enforcer/fixer

While I don't think 5 accounts are useful in terms of value added to gameplay, it does free up the frustration of not being able to do some content dual/trip logged due to inability to get the right prof to the raid.

http://www.funcom.com/corporate/ao_eula_english

"You may not use any third party software to modify the client in order to change Game play or manipulate the client. You may not use any means of unattended gameplay, this includes macros not supported by the in-game client, mechanical means, or any other means deemed to be in violation by Funcom."

Using keyboard broadcasting does not "modify the client"... I also wouldn't call it "unattended gamplay." What section of the EULA are you referring to? I'm curious, not trying to flame. Was there previous posts by Funcom to support what you are saying?
    Last edited by Elithas; Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:18:51.
    Solgier
    Algar (almost) Pure DD crat
    Docgar
    Elithas

Still hoping more concrete suggestions How about other professions? Do they matter? To sum it up so far we have:

crat/enf/sold/shade

doc/eng (or shade here)

or

Originally Posted by Elithas

* Vinfix - Tradeskillz & Friendly Smile *

My little army:

Atlantean: Vinfix - Winday - Moboca - Nodawn - Daicy

Rimor: Artzi - Bscar (both on long vacation)

multiple mobs agent+engie
    engie blinds will drain so much AR from the mobs that they hardly ever hit the tank (agent)
    but unlike advies/enfos, agents can have a 0% reflect if they choose, so even if u DO get hit, the blind still wont break.

1 mob shade + engie
    the amount of AAO drain will be so high that even medium-high bosses have trouble hitting the shade, and even if they do the lower damage multiplier+AC+reflects will reduce the damage so much that its not "all luck". I had a really easy time doing this at mitaar.
    Last edited by orochi3; Jun 14th, 2013 at 20:46:21.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Elithas View Post
    http://www.funcom.com/corporate/ao_eula_english

"You may not use any third party software to modify the client in order to change Game play or manipulate the client. You may not use any means of unattended gameplay, this includes macros not supported by the in-game client, mechanical means, or any other means deemed to be in violation by Funcom."

Using keyboard broadcasting does not "modify the client"... I also wouldn't call it "unattended gamplay." What section of the EULA are you referring to? I'm curious, not trying to flame. Was there previous posts by Funcom to support what you are saying?
    Controlling multiple characters via 3rd party program is no allowed. As GM said it. It is ok If you have to drag mouse over window to control 2nd character (or alt+tab). But using a program to control 2 or more character without switching between clients is not.