Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clarification of tower meeping changes

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    but going all over rk doing it to 15 fields at the same time is considered harassment.
    Not if you want to cover where you are actually hitting.

Hit all in range to keep defenders guessing and then focus on 1 site.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post

mmmmmmmmmmm PVT so fun <3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmm PVT so fun <3<3<3
    Basic war strategy. If you attack the front door, it's not going to work very effective.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

this!

I been doing this a few times and also often with success, hit a site, and another and another and than go back to 1 that has barely any members online (yes I know clan bots just see which towers go down nowadays, please fix this instead) and actually do some serious dmg or take it down

Meeping is a part of the toolset and dont matter how they use it they use it, if the GMs/devs dont like it that way they have to fix it themselfs, dont give a tool to someone that they cant use the way they like
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

Quote Originally Posted by Parisss View Post
    meep is a part of the fixer pvp toolset. meep ganks, meep when **** gets real, meep after running forest running. This thread is full of way too much whine. Nerf 1hb/1he enfs, MR and double/triple and ill trade meep, deal?
    So you want to take away other OP things before losing your OP thing? How is this an argument that supports you keeping meep as it is rather than you actually claiming that meep is OP and needs to be nerfed?

Here's a good one. What if you press Q on a tower and then run/meep and log off. The purpose of this is, of course, to send out the planet-wide message that you attacked. Then you come back an hour+ later and attack again. You will not send out the a planet-wide message this time and the only people that get notified that you attacked is the org you are attacking.

Is this harassment or valid tactics?
    That is called abusing mechanics. The tower announcement "should" go off every time a tower site is attacked, and the fact that a player doing this is trying to take advantage of that is not a tactic, it is called exploiting a faulty mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    I really, really hope you're not arguing that timer syncing is "ok" since it wasn't petitioned where as "griefing" was. Syncing has been mentioned both pre-merge and after the merge. Ask Aramus or whatever his name is from Equilibrium, i'm sure he's got his go to tower syncing excuse on tap for you.
    No, I am saying it should have been petitioned as well. I cannot participate in tower wars that do not occur, and this "abuse" of mechanics has resulted in me not getting to use my 220 crat and my 220 NT built for tower wars. Had this been petitioned frequently enough it might have been changed by now as well.

We all remember the "turtling" with tower sites made of 100% SAM towers don't we? No one enjoyed that tactic but both sides used it, and when we changed it everyone was happier in the end (once the trolls who just wanted to disagree and argue were ignored of course). This is no different. Trolls asside healthier tower wars means no more griefing without the intent of PVPing and no more shifting tower timers to avoid PVPing. Bases should be constantly won and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    That is called abusing mechanics. The tower announcement "should" go off every time a tower site is attacked, and the fact that a player doing this is trying to take advantage of that is not a tactic, it is called exploiting a faulty mechanic.
    So is pocket tanking, but we aren't banning people over that. The rules are there. It is playing by the rules that are in place. Using the rules to your advantage is not illegal.
    Facebook

So you want to take away other OP things before losing your OP thing? How is this an argument that supports you keeping meep as it is rather than you actually claiming that meep is OP and needs to be nerfed?
    The things I mentioned are OP offense. Meep is an occasionally successful defense/counter to them. Nice try.
    Last edited by Parisss; Jun 9th, 2013 at 20:30:35.

I am convinced that forum nerds will ruin NW as much as they have contributed to the ruin of the BS. "Wahhhh BS level ranges suck (tl5 BS ruined, good for nothing 200 twinks created), "wahhhhhh people kite in the BS" (halls and geometry removed).

Quote Originally Posted by kx2 View Post
    What if insta-meep would be slower in 25% and less gas, 5-10 seconds for example?
    Then it would be fun if someone attacked the fixer while casting it and there would be a chance that meeping fails totally or partially, meaning that someone gets no meep and is left behind.

Anti-meeping tower should make meep slower or jam the meep so it can fail.

Something like this, use your imagination. If it is in fixer toolset, it should be usable, but it should have a risk.
    Nbs should have a ''risk''
    Ams sohuld have a ''risk''
    Doc heal nanos should have a ''risk''
    Shades perks shoudl have a ''risk''
    I should have a ''risk''
    Everyone shoudl have a ''risk''
    My keyboard should have a ''risk''

So is pocket tanking, but we aren't banning people over that. The rules are there. It is playing by the rules that are in place. Using the rules to your advantage is not illegal.
    What mechanic are pocket tanks abusing?

And no, you are not "playing by the rules" when you are obviously taking advantage of a flaw in a mechanic. That is called "exploiting" a mechanic.

The things I mentioned are OP offense. Meep is an occasionally successful defense/counter to them. Nice try.
    Right...so you are arguing that you can compare offensive tools with defensive tools but others pointing out that the argument makes no sense somehow proves your point...you should look into valid and invalid arguments.

No, I actually said get rid of three OP offensive tools from three different profs and i'll consider trading my regular-old defensive tool (meep) that sometimes counters them, and happens to be the whine topic of the week on these forums. 3 > 1. You are insinuating that meep is as OP as MR, nt LE nukes, and 1hb/1he enforcers? Do I really need to explain this to you?

You forum nerds usually win these arguments because you post walls of text and quote a bunch of **** and FC gets tired of reading it and assumes its what the majority wants. Wake up call, the majority playerbase rarely reads this drivel. They would rather flag up and have some fun in game.

Nerf WUC too btw, its OP!

No, I actually said get rid of three OP offensive tools from three different profs and i'll consider trading my regular-old defensive tool (meep) that sometimes counters them, and happens to be the whine topic of the week on these forums. 3 > 1. You are insinuating that meep is as OP as MR, nt LE nukes, and 1hb/1he enforcers? Do I really need to explain this to you?

You forum nerds usually win these arguments because you post walls of text and quote a bunch of **** and FC gets tired of reading it and assumes its what the majority wants. Wake up call, the majority playerbase rarely reads this drivel. They would rather flag up and have some fun in game.

Nerf WUC too btw, its OP!
    Meeping is a travel tool or escape tool. It is not an attack or defense tool.

People need to stop comparing bottlecaps to elephant turds. There is no connection between meeping any any of the other pull-stuff-outta-my-butt comparison arguments I've seen in this thread yet.

I play a fixer, and I use meeping for mission blitzing. But every now and then an NPC gets lucky and lands a nano skills debuff on me. Do I whine and complain that Fixers should be immune to anything that prevents us from blipping away from certain death when I'm rooted and debuffed, and have a mission full of L250 mobs coming around the corner into the dead end hallway?

No. I grumble about bad luck, complain about dying to my orgmates, and drive on.

When I suggested an anti-meeping tower before, I was suggesting a change which would not in any way, shape, or form change the mechanics of fixers in PVE or open world PVP. It would change the mechanics of tower "combat".

Absolutely nothing about an anti-meeping tower would stop a fixer from running onto a tower site, taking a swipe at a tower, zooming away from the tower site at WTF runspeed THEN meeping away a few seconds later - giving a defender at least a small chance of actually rooting or blasting the attacker before they meep. A slowing of the meep timer would have the same effect, but the fixer would be stationary.

Nothing would stop the anti-meeping tower from being the very first tower targeted by an assault group, in order to allow them to meep away if needed.

Anti meeping towers, if implemented with some sort of common sense, would change absolutely nothing about PVP on tower sites other than the ability to avoid PVP with zero risk.

It's obvious that meeping as it works right now is broken in tower PVP, because it's possible to actually get banned for abusing it without using any third party tools. Changes to how meeping itself works is unnecessary. Just add a new tower or tower function.

The in-game support team has better things to do with their time than sift through whinefest antimeep ban requests. Fix tower sites to prevent no-risk harassment meeping without actually breaking meeping itself, and the problem of bannable meep harassment will simply go away completely.

You are insinuating that meep is as OP as MR, nt LE nukes, and 1hb/1he enforcers? Do I really need to explain this to you?
    No, you made that insinuation when you compared those tools in an argument. Your only justification for the current state of fixer meep nanos is the existance of offensive tools currently viewed as OP by a large portion of the population. The problem stems from your version of the argument which I have simply explained what you have been alluding to with your own comments.

I do not care for "degrees" of overpoweredness. I am not ranking Mongo Rage as having a power level over 9000 and is the ultimate evil of all things pure in the world, while fixer meeps are only at 8999 power level. All overpowered tools that give unfair advantages or are abused in ways that are non-conducive of fun and skillful PVP need to be adjusted in some way.

Fixer meep, regardless of whatever other tool you wish to compare it to and regardless of how irrelevent those comparisons you are making are, needs to be adjusted. I use meep, I know how badly I can abuse it, and I know I can use it to never die while alternatively I can kill players. This is not a balanced tool, and I could care less if fixers have been using it for years. Age does not determine necessity, functionality does.

What mechanic are pocket tanks abusing?
    Seriously? The #1 mechanic in the game. Damage. Bypassing the damage by using a toon outside of the team and above the level of the content IS abusing a mechanic.
    Facebook

Seriously? The #1 mechanic in the game. Damage. Bypassing the damage by using a toon outside of the team and above the level of the content IS abusing a mechanic.
    i disagree if FC didnt want it to happen theyd change how grey mobs behave until they do its as valid as any other method of leveling albeit not one im fond of using

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    i disagree if FC didnt want it to happen theyd change how grey mobs behave until they do its as valid as any other method of leveling albeit not one im fond of using
    And if FC didn't want you to have the ability to attack and then return later without a message, they would make it give off message every time.
    Facebook

And if FC didn't want you to have the ability to attack and then return later without a message, they would make it give off message every time.
    ask them to fix that then i agree it should be changed but thats got nothing to do with pocket teams which is a whole seperate oil barrel with a napalm chaser of a topic

i dont even get why pressing q and meeping is harassment. there are dd alerts afterall.

+1 for Anti-Meep tower, that idea is brilliant and rather fair IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i dont even get why pressing q and meeping is harassment. there are dd alerts afterall.
    Because you're not doing any fighting. You just Q a tower to draw defenders there, and you do it ALL OVER RK, over and over and over with absolutely no intention of taking the base down or doing any fighting. That is called harassement and you will get petitioned for it.
    Also, I don't quite get the fixers that jump to defend their tool here. A meeping tower or longer cast time for the team meep in tower gas will NOT nerf fixers whatsoever. You still have the option to insta meep yourself, you can still do PvM without a stress and you can use this tool to evac your team mates from anywhere. Meeping people from a tower war to avoid fighting, and doing this repeatedly is harassement, get over it, stop doing it and grow some balls for a change or build proper tower twinks that can actually put up a fight. Or, better yet, roll more 207s or 201s or 214s, since it's obvious you need the absolute maxximum advantage over an opponent to take him down.
    PS: this post is directed exclusively to the people that think meeping an entire raidforce from a tower site is "war tactic".
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast