Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clarification of tower meeping changes

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    That bit right there. Again, if you actually play the game, you know that "doesn't come back" is NEVER the case. This garbage goes on for hours on end, every single Sunday (and a few other days, but Sunday is an absolute guarantee), like clockwork, right as Noraid is massing for Sector 42. Base after base after base, go back and hit a few they've already declared war on, and Tnet frantically chasing them down. Instameeping as soon as they seen orange dots.

That's not PvP.
    Well, why not hunt them down? They're tower flagged right? Take your own fixer, follow them into the grid and gank them? That's your PvP right there.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Well, why not hunt them down? They're tower flagged right? Take your own fixer, follow them into the grid and gank them? That's your PvP right there.
    why would they be towerflagged? do you know how ridiculously easy it is to drop a tl1 base during hawaii prime time, plant it, and avoid tower flags when griefing the next day?

also, last i checked, you can't pvp in the grid ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    why would they be towerflagged? do you know how ridiculously easy it is to drop a tl1 base during hawaii prime time, plant it, and avoid tower flags when griefing the next day?
    But, if a 220 hits a TL7 site, they are flagged for it, planting a TL1 won't magically remove the flag, will it?

also, last i checked, you can't pvp in the grid ;p
    They have to leave at some point if they wanna Fgrid.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    But, if a 220 hits a TL7 site, they are flagged for it, planting a TL1 won't magically remove the flag, will it?
    no it won't because the toon wouldn't get a flag. towerflags only occur when a character that has no towerfields attacks a field.

no it won't because the toon wouldn't get a flag. towerflags only occur when a character that has no towerfields attacks a field.
    Ah ok. I havn't participated in Towers for a long time, hence my general confusion about all of the hate around this.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

is this is true its yet another good reason to quit the game. modify how towers work - ok, but gms actually threatening the use of still valid and long used game mechanics ...makes you believe the end is near. Not that there is any doubt when you walk the streets of borealis these days. but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    The hypocrisy in this thread is laughable. Where was the disdain for griefing when this exact same thing was happening to Omni towers pre-merge on RK2? I can't begin to count how many hours I spent defending towers, only to have the same team consisting of fixer, crat, sold and MP meep each time we'd show. It never bothered me though because guess what, it comes with owning towers. Now that it's Clan having to deal with it, it's harassment? Give me a break.

Since we have an expert on harassment, let me ask you a question. What would you call a situation where a player, or players, is purposely denied access to content they have payed and continue to pay for? Would that be suitable as harassment?
    Who cares what side does it? Both sides do it, so what? It's just as bad regardless who does it. And by the way, when Artificers of the Universe started that crap clanners petitioned them and they got punished. Why didn't you petition the clanners aswell?
    These people aren't taking down any towers. Any respectable org that owns tower fields will log defenders INSTANTLY as they see the attack message and an entire team meeps because ONE defender shows up. He(the defender) doesn't even have the time to Tab+Q either of them cause they meep as soon as they see the defender on the map. And will continue to do so for as long as the site is open, while not killing any towers. If this isn't harassement, what is it then? They are doing it to annoy the living Jesus out of you untill you get bored and stop showing up for defense, at wich point they might tave over your tower site.

And by the way, if your actions (in a game you paid for) bother people it's harassement. The people you are harassing have paid for the exact same product as you did.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

yeah, total coincidence that the crying started just now.

Do you agree that this meeping thing to avoid battles is the way towers wars are intended to be played? A war should be between two(or more) sides with actual fighting going on. Not a bunch of med-suit wearers with a grid nano avoiding the slightest possibility of a fight taking place.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    And by the way, if your actions (in a game you paid for) bother people it's harassement. The people you are harassing have paid for the exact same product as you did.
    harassing the enemy is the very essence of what war is all about, isnt that what your supposed to be doing waging war ?

This is a game. It's played for...fun?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

This is a game. It's played for...fun?
    well you cant have pvp without losers and losing isnt fun ergo someones going to not have fun in pvp, im coming at the from a purerly academic standpoint i dont pvp outside BS and im not sure being target practise on BS counts as pvp

Oke, clans are allowed to bend game mechanics with putting all the sites to open at same time zone, but if omnis does the same, it actually gets to be bannable. niec!

Who cares what side does it? Both sides do it, so what? It's just as 7]bad regardless who does it. And by the way, when Artificers of the Universe started that crap clanners petitioned them and they got punished. Why didn't you petition the clanners aswell?
    If you're talking about the fixer and soldier from Artificers, weren't they later apologized to on the forums and their "griefing" given the OK as being a valid tactic? And like I said in my last post, I didn't petition the "griefing" because I believe it comes with owning towers. What I did petition was when towers and CTs went down without any kind of spam, but that's for another thread.

These people aren't taking down any towers. Any respectable org that owns tower fields will log defenders INSTANTLY as they see the attack message and an entire team meeps because ONE defender shows up. He(the defender) doesn't even have the time to Tab+Q either of them cause they meep as soon as they see the defender on the map. And will continue to do so for as long as the site is open, while not killing any towers. If this isn't harassement, what is it then? They are doing it to annoy the living Jesus out of you untill you get bored and stop showing up for defense, at wich point they might tave over your tower site.
    While it seems we're talking about different kinds of "griefing," mainly whether tower killing is involved or not, it still seems like a valid tactic to me. Think guerrilla tactics. Your small group hits and runs, wearing down your opponent and eventually killing any urge your enemy has to defend, or just lulling them into being complacent.

I'm glad we agree that syncing timers is harassment then. The fact that I can't do something I enjoy, towers, because I don't live in EU primetime is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sateenkaari View Post
    Oke, clans are allowed to bend game mechanics with putting all the sites to open at same time zone, but if omnis does the same, it actually gets to be bannable. niec!
    Except they're not, because they don't have any towers.

If meep had a minimum 10-15s casttime, this whole conversation wouldn't be happening.

The amount of childish nonsense is growing exponentially in this thread. Wonder how long until we start to see some moderation?

Griefing is stupid.
    Lack of tower time rotation is stupid.
    Moving tower times to low population times is stupid.
    People acting like they can't do wars just because there are fewer people online is stupid.

So either accept it all or don't, but you can't pick and choose or go "but you did it first" or whatever other brilliant retort you want to pull out of your childhood. This stuff makes people quit to find a better game because it is annoying and not fun, therefore it needs to be changed. If your idea of fun is wasting people's time then log a 220 and go kill everyone's quest mobs in nascence and elysium, plenty of people you can piss off that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The amount of childish nonsense is growing exponentially in this thread. Wonder how long until we start to see some moderation?

Griefing is stupid.
    People acting like they can't do wars just because there are fewer people online is stupid.

So either accept it all or don't, but you can't pick and choose or go "but you did it first" or whatever other brilliant retort you want to pull out of your childhood. This stuff makes people quit to find a better game because it is annoying and not fun, therefore it needs to be changed. If your idea of fun is wasting people's time then log a 220 and go kill everyone's quest mobs in nascence and elysium, plenty of people you can piss off that way too.
    We should accept that too that others get warnings of the very same thing where the others doesnt?
    Ukkeli leveling froob mp, President of Something about coffee
    Akkeli leveling froob eng
    Relander leveling froob crat

The amount of hypocritical nonsense is growing exponentially in this thread. Wonder how long until we start to see some moderation?
    FTFY

Griefing is stupid.
    Depends on which version of griefing you're talking about. Taking out clusters of towers with a smaller group and wearing down a field, then getting out before a larger group almost surely kills you isn't stupid. It's being tactical.

100% Agree

Don't think anybody wants to move towers full on into "low population" times. But having the opportunity to do them outside of EU primetime would be nice cause, ya know, other people play this game too.

That seems to be the excuse for having synced timers, to me it sounds like some people just don't want to have to defend past their "primetime." I know that me and quite a few others would happily do wars if, you know, we could actually attack towers in our timezone.

So either accept it all or don't, but you can't pick and choose or go "but you did it first" or whatever other brilliant retort you want to pull out of your childhood. This stuff makes people quit to find a better game because it is annoying and not fun, therefore it needs to be changed.
    You know what else is annoying and not fun? A few people/orgs deciding that since some people don't play in their timezone, they can't have access to a part of the game. Or the fact that the same people calling for bans for griefing were aware of, or part of, the same exact action merely months ago. You're right, it does need to be changed but until FC decides to level the field for everybody, it won't happen.

If your idea of fun is wasting people's time then log a 220 and go kill everyone's quest mobs in nascence and elysium, plenty of people you can piss off that way too.
    Pro tip, quest mobs are on much, much, much shorter timers than towers. Plus, it's hard to kill things that are, you know, unattackable for "reasons." It's funny too because last I heard, killing quest mobs simply out of spite is frowned upon and considered harassment. I imagine syncing towers so others can't participate is the same right?

i love grieffers
    i usually sneak in the middle of them, use mr (i dont even bother to attack) and they meep instantly even tho i'm 1vs5
    repeat action every 10 minutes

Do you agree that this meeping thing to avoid battles is the way towers wars are intended to be played? A war should be between two(or more) sides with actual fighting going on. Not a bunch of med-suit wearers with a grid nano avoiding the slightest possibility of a fight taking place.
    no.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast