Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clarification of tower meeping changes

Clarification of tower meeping changes

So recently two orgmates got "warnings" from a GM for gridding out after attacking a base and killing a few defenders. Upon seeing the warnings were from actual GM, was wondering if we could get an official answer clarifying if the policy on "tower meeping" have changed? Combing through the forums I haven't seen any posts mentioning this shift in policy.
    Mad Cratter!

Last time I checked, retreat was a valid war tactic.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

It's harassement. You will get petitioned and banned.

It's not "tactical retreat" either. People do it when defenders come. The purpose of the attackers is to take down a site with no defenders, so it's just PvM done in a PvP environment. If defenders come and you meep, it's obvious you have no itention of fighting and what you're doing is simply griefing. If you do it repeatedly, it's harassement. Harassement is a bannable offense and you WILL get petitioned for it.
    Last edited by Fontane; Jun 7th, 2013 at 17:22:18.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

question is who will get banned as the team is powerless to stop a fixer from meeping. theoretically only the fixer, which could be a froob char.

From what I've heard from different gm's and people at funcom the rule seems to be:

Press q on towers + meeping = Bannable

Taking down towers + meeping = Acceptable

Although an official statement on the matter from the AO devs, that all the people who are handling petitions (and players) are made aware of, would be about time.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Why is this such a contested subject?

Scenario 1) Fixer comes with team, attacks towers, meeps when defenders show up, towers safe.

Scenario 2) Fixer comes, attacks towers with team, site is lost and changes hands. Which in turn causes more PvP to get your site back.

That's how I see it, so what am I missing?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Your second scenario is off. It does not cause more PvP. It could IF the attackers would fight the defenders, but they don't want that, do they?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

If Meeping is such a problem, then why not simply create an anti-Meeping tower?

Quote Originally Posted by cheopis View Post
    If Meeping is such a problem, then why not simply create an anti-Meeping tower?
    /bump this
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post

Scenario 1) Fixer comes with team, attacks towers, meeps when defenders show up, towers safe.

Scenario 2) Fixer comes, attacks towers with team, site is lost and changes hands. Which in turn causes more PvP to get your site back.

I would rather attackers meep and run than kill my towers.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Org mate spoke with a different GM that seem to backup the policy. Roughly a year ago when I petitioned someone for doing the same thing, two different GM's told me that it was fine as griefing was a risk inherently involved with owning towers (or something similar). Id assume if this was changed, that Funcom would at least let us know on forums rather than having ppl find out thru receiving "warnings/infractions" on their account. Would really be nice if there was an official answer clarifying if this is real considered "basic harassment" now.
    Mad Cratter!

The fact that people have to stop what they are doing to log defenders just to NOT PVP is the problem. The fact that people have to stop what they are doing for several hours to log defenders just to NOT PVP is the problem.

The risk of owning towers should be the risk of being forced to engage in PVP to defend them, not the risk of being harassed for hours by players you cannot kill. Players who start an attack should be forced to continue that attack until they die or forfeit attacking any towers again for at least four hours. They meep out or leave a site they began to attack without dieing to another player...or at the very least /terminating...then they should be locked out of "PVP activities".

I know people would love to be incredibly defensive about such a suggestion, but let's face it, if you are going to a tower site to attack it, you should be doing so with the intentions of killing the site and the defenders and nothing else. If players have to be serious about their attacks then they might actually start putting up more serious fights again. No more abusing gas, meeping, or using 220's outside the field to support lowbies.

Using the available game mechanics to your advantage has become bannable offense now?
    I know it will earn me infractions, but the GM policies sure have moved to the basement lately.
    A simple fix would be to disallow grid nanoprograms in lower than 75% gas. As long as this is not reality it should be classified as an exploit, since you are using current game mechanics. Or just make FC rewrite their policies.

The simple attacking and meeping seems to be a simple tactic to check IF defenders will show up or opening your own towers purposely to an attack.

Following the same logic, if you want to disallow fixers to meep from a tower fight, why not report them for meeping from a flagged fight? Sounds like hypocrisy to me.
    Last edited by Shareida; Jun 7th, 2013 at 22:09:56.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I support the concept of smaller teams being able to make a difference in NW. Giant zerg and lag fests are boring since winning is nearly entirely based on numbers. But I do think a minor change is needed to slightly increase the risk to attackers. Clearing a field without doing pvp is ridiculous.

If it were up to me I'd modify TEAM meep (not self meep) to have something like a 3s cast capped attack time. If that wasn't enough I'd lengthen the "crippled by ruinous w/e" thing to 2 or 3 minutes. Again TEAM grid only here.

Because scenario one happens for hours on end with fewer deaths (from either faction) than you can count on one hand, thus wasting EVERYONE'S time, when there's tons of more productive things everyone could be doing -- including BS for the true PvP junkies.

About damn time Funcom took a stand on this. Mass your forces and (at least try to) attack, or f off.

But, the Fixer meeping his team is no different to his team dying and just giving up after one attempt.

Same outcome.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You're ignorant or simply don't play if you think it's "one attempt", LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    You're ignorant or simply don't play if you think it's "one attempt", LOL.
    What?

Team attacks towers, dies, doesn't come back.

Team attacks towers, meeps, doesn't come back.

If they keep coming back, you're getting PvP, if they can meep before you can kill them, they're just making good use of toolsets.

I'm really not seeing the issue here.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

The hypocrisy in this thread is laughable. Where was the disdain for griefing when this exact same thing was happening to Omni towers pre-merge on RK2? I can't begin to count how many hours I spent defending towers, only to have the same team consisting of fixer, crat, sold and MP meep each time we'd show. It never bothered me though because guess what, it comes with owning towers. Now that it's Clan having to deal with it, it's harassment? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    It's harassement. You will get petitioned and banned.

It's not "tactical retreat" either. People do it when defenders come. The purpose of the attackers is to take down a site with no defenders, so it's just PvM done in a PvP environment. If defenders come and you meep, it's obvious you have no itention of fighting and what you're doing is simply griefing. If you do it repeatedly, it's harassement. Harassement is a bannable offense and you WILL get petitioned for it.
    Since we have an expert on harassment, let me ask you a question. What would you call a situation where a player, or players, is purposely denied access to content they have payed and continue to pay for? Would that be suitable as harassment?

What?

Team attacks towers, dies, doesn't come back.

Team attacks towers, meeps, doesn't come back.

I'm really not seeing the issue here.
    That bit right there. Again, if you actually play the game, you know that "doesn't come back" is NEVER the case. This garbage goes on for hours on end, every single Sunday (and a few other days, but Sunday is an absolute guarantee), like clockwork, right as Noraid is massing for Sector 42. Base after base after base, go back and hit a few they've already declared war on, and Tnet frantically chasing them down. Instameeping as soon as they seen orange dots.

That's not PvP.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast