Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unintended ToTW consequence

see what I get for trying to talk about pvm?...sigh, screw you guys, I'm going back to pvp
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    we felt that being greeted at the door by Aztur isn't the most fun thing for any new generations of players.
    I guess I am old generation by that definition. Well, I am 46 years old and started to play computer games on a PET 2001.

And I was really REALLY disappointed when the mobs in The Secret World did NOT chase me and when the aggro ranges of mobs in TSW were very very short compared to anything I encountered in AO for some years before I tried TSW.

Let the "new generation of players" please buy stuff from the in-game-shop but keep the game challenging! Let them buy "Cultist Repellent Perfume" to survive trains (stuns normal Cultists and wipes you from their aggro list or something).
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    Let the "new generation of players" please buy stuff from the in-game-shop but keep the game challenging! Let them buy "Cultist Repellent Perfume" to survive trains (stuns normal Cultists and wipes you from their aggro list or something).
    Oh a good idea FC will never do it! company's policy sorry!

Ahh FC you so funny
    that mob anti-train spawn loose agg thingy....hahaha....seriously...

Too bad for AO, what a waste of a great game, change after change it's getting worse it seems...
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post

Too bad for AO, what a waste of a great game, change after change it's getting worse it seems...
    Yeah, it is getting ridiculous. I remember how exiting it was when you had to dodge red spiders on the way to totw (that keyportal at nld should have level 50 as requirement) and how fun it was to run from trains etc. A very scary and dangerous place became...I don't know what to call it. Carebear mental-institution?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I am sorry for destroying your memories.

Tethering mobs in this way is a change we rolled out to most of the existing instances/dungeons. While I see it as something some veterans may miss, as it's part of what helped temper your spirits to handle all the stuff that comes after ToTW (almost serving as a player-filtering mechanic ), we felt that being greeted at the door by Aztur isn't the most fun thing for any new generations of players.
    ToTW was one of the many things that made me love AO when I started as a froob in 2006, since it felt different to all other themepark MMOs back in the day. It made the game feel unpredictable.

Don't always go with the "oh, I bet the player doesn't think that this feature is nice and comfy. We better remove it". You won't be competitive in that department and that is not where the strength of AO lies in. There are countless of MMOs around that can do the "comfy, predictable, tasteless, fine and dandy" part way better than you.

By trying to chase something that AO is not, while destroying what separates it from the rest of MMOs, you make the game bland. There is nothing to fall in love with, except for the skill system. There has to be a living world.

You do not fall in love with games that have no surprises, weird, sometimes even annoying occurances. All the chaos makes the game seem alive and not just circling around your decisions. I've actually rolled new characters just to experience ToTW again and again, since it has always been the most entertaining instance in the game. Countless of times I've teamed with noobs who have been having quite a few laughs on team chat (or vicinity chat, when they didn't know how to create a team chat window) after we have escaped the train succesfully or stayed behind a pillar right when the train passed us.

I have introduced three people to AO over the years. None of them had a bad thing to say about ToTW. They thought it was different and refreshing compared to the rest of MMOs, they really actually liked ToTW believe it or not.

You won't get new players by destroying the chaos in ToTW. You more likely get them by launching that new graphics engine.
    Last edited by Nucleosis; Nov 3rd, 2013 at 18:35:20.

Quote Originally Posted by parisss View Post
    trains made these places fun. Another horrible change to sanitize ao.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    And I was really REALLY disappointed when the mobs in The Secret World did NOT chase me and when the aggro ranges of mobs in TSW were very very short compared to anything I encountered in AO for some years before I tried TSW.
    The beta akab in Savage Coast never dropped aggro. They would follow until you zoned or died, at which point if there was someone else nearby, they just went after that poor sombitch instead. There were several times a handful of players had to band together to form an extermination squad just to clear out the exits of the zone.
    Waiting for a cure.

It's as if they ccl about 'game', but make virtual shoppin-centers instead.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234