Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unintended ToTW consequence

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    yup S10 is really badly bugged, last time I was in there I think about 40% of the mobs were not targetable/killable.
    Wait a minute ... People actually still go into S10?????????? I thought FC managed to completely destroyed that.

If combat target is out of reach for 20 seconds = Leave combat and return to spawn
    If out of combat and not at spawn for 1 minute = Teleport to spawn

Would these two simple rules be impossible to add to the NPC AI?

Quote Originally Posted by randymp View Post
    Wait a minute ... People actually still go into S10?????????? I thought FC managed to completely destroyed that.
    The Dungeon-Patch actually brought it back to life. It's pretty much like the old farm days. People being rude, abuse low dps high survivability toons as tanks and OD em etc. Just like the good old days
    Yuria - Shade - Opifex - 220 / changing / even more changing :P
    Pinkfox - Fixer - Opifex
    Scootsy - Adventurer - Solitus
    Eisfuchs - MA - Atrox
    Dashing - Doctor - Solitus

<3 The Asylum <3

It's basically Sector MA now.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilGuardian View Post
    It's basically Sector MA now.
    Wrong. Plenty of keepers and enfs there now, and the odd soldier or fixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Wrong. Plenty of keepers and enfs there now, and the odd soldier or fixer.
    And crat, doctor, advy, engi, and mp. Everything but agents, traders, and shades.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CivilGuardian View Post
    If combat target is out of reach for 20 seconds = Leave combat and return to spawn
    If out of combat and not at spawn for 1 minute = Teleport to spawn

Would these two simple rules be impossible to add to the NPC AI?
    It wouldn't be impossible, as this is pretty much what we did to resolve this issue.

18.6.6, which should arrive a couple weeks after the birthday celebrations, will have this feature. In the meantime, those silly, wall-loving aliens will have to be culled periodically.

Edit: Hail Macrosun!
    Last edited by Michizure; Jun 19th, 2013 at 14:34:52.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I raised 5 froobs to 100 recently, so did plenty subway-totw-etc raids and didn't see a named mob stuck once so not a too big problem for me.

The problem is: where are my joyful trains? Trains brought chaos and randomnicity to those dungeons and well, anarchy, grief, drama etc. I miss them dearly.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

that whole change is bad and based on contempt imo. 'train to zone' is a classic mmo-experience and the event is exiting.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Maybe only set cultist to not chase players out of their area. It was always a bit rare for a boss to chase players to far. Yes it would happened but it was not often. The trains of cultists was the biggest bother in going to ToTw.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Maybe only set cultist to not chase players out of their area. It was always a bit rare for a boss to chase players to far. Yes it would happened but it was not often. The trains of cultists was the biggest bother in going to ToTw.
    Puhleeezee!

If I had a nickel for every time I saw Azzy, GoT or Doorkeeper in the entrance hallway...

Well, I'd have a quarter... but still...
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Puhleeezee!

If I had a nickel for every time I saw Azzy, GoT or Doorkeeper in the entrance hallway...

Well, I'd have a quarter... but still...
    Haha oh gods yes this. As annoying as they were trains were just one of those things about the game that at some point you have to learn how to deal with anyway, and RK dungeons were the place that taught you that. There *will* come a point where you've gotten so used to them that you find them humorous rather than annoying, and almost hope they happen just to ****e things up.

It's surprising how memorable the sense of camaraderie can be from spending 5 minutes hiding behind the same pillar as a stranger while you both wait to see what GoT does next. Some of these people ended up teaming with you another day. A few might even have become your best friends in the game years down the line. (Note: I am aware the current population issues make this much less plausible than it used to be. I miss being able to meet new and lasting friends in places like this.)

The absolute best one for me was zoning in, seeing my field of view literally filled by orange and brown and giant red sword, and backing straight back out again with a sudden understanding of why there were so many people huddled outside.
    :E

Please, please, please, DON'T enable this in TotW

I think almost every person that's ever been into the Temple over the years has memories of some of the spectacular trains in there. It does add to it's charm!
    Yes, it's occasionally annoying, but that's a fair price for some of the memories of that place imo.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Please, please, please, DON'T enable this in TotW

I think almost every person that's ever been into the Temple over the years has memories of some of the spectacular trains in there. It does add to it's charm!
    Yes, it's occasionally annoying, but that's a fair price for some of the memories of that place imo.
    I am sorry for destroying your memories.

Tethering mobs in this way is a change we rolled out to most of the existing instances/dungeons. While I see it as something some veterans may miss, as it's part of what helped temper your spirits to handle all the stuff that comes after ToTW (almost serving as a player-filtering mechanic ), we felt that being greeted at the door by Aztur isn't the most fun thing for any new generations of players.
    Last edited by Michizure; Jun 27th, 2013 at 14:10:42.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I still fondly remember my very first trip into totw. It was absurdly confusing at the time not understanding why my view went all funny on zoning but no one else's did.

Turned out I had the honor of ending up in a different GS from my team, and my GS had GoT humping the entrance, the confusion wasn't long lived as I died quite promptly.
    I still laugh about that a lot.

It's a shame nobody else will relive moments like that :/
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    we felt that being greeted at the door by Aztur isn't the most fun thing for any new generations of players.
    I think you are wrong.

In fact; Many of carebear-actions by the various ao-teams has had a detrimental effect on the game.

A good 'carebear change' for totw could maybe to make a players unable to attack a partiqular boss again (for a small amount of time so if they are the alone they can attack the boss again a few mins after respawning) after gotten the lootrights.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

I have mixed feelings on the trains - they did add an entertaining aspect of unpredictability, and a useful litmus test for meeting other players (did the training player stop and kill them instead of training into you? probably someone worth playing with). Not to mention now I have no reason to have a macro to shout "Choo choo!"

Avoiding bugged mobs > any nostalgic feelings about trains. ("TRAIN LEFT DAMMIT" - Karnor's Castle year 1999)

Good riddance to trains
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I have mixed feeling about ToTW trains :P Half me thinks it is fun and shoudnt be removed; the other half remember that 2 months I stayed stuck on lvl 36 cause of then.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast