Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Omni-Pol fails to keep peace in Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Omni-Pol fails to keep peace in Borealis

IRRK: Omni-Pol fails to keep peace in Borealis
    May 30th, 29487

After renewed violence and a large explosion in the city of Borealis, Omni-Pol will likely face awkward questions about their role as peacekeepers in the city.

You'd be forgiven for thinking in the last couple of years that the tensions in Borealis have all but faded away.
    But you'd be wrong.

Despite the last major outbreaks of violence being over four years ago, the last few weeks have seen renewed levels of bloodshed and chaos in the city. This has included:

• Full scale rioting on at least two separate occasions.
    • Civil disorder to the extent that Omni-Pol officers were seen attacking each other in the confusion.
    • Curfews issued that were mostly ignored by the Borealis inhabitants.
    • A Manta vehicle filled with explosives that was detonated in the Fair Trade area on Saturday, causing billions of credits worth of damage.
    • The (re)appearance of individuals claiming affiliation with the Borealis Freedom Fighters.

It's difficult to say exactly what prompted the newest clashes, although “chirop/egg” questions have been asked in relation to Omni-AF's riot support units.

Were they dispatched in response to the violence, or was the violence in response to their presence?

Regardless, it seems that Omni-Pol are seen as failures within the Omni-Tek hierarchy. They were granted, or perhaps even made to accept, military support and still saw no results. Anonymous sources have also revealed that the Omni-Pol units involved in recent clashes were summoned to an Omni-InternOps hearing.

Admittedly these past weeks have been far from the most bloody of the city's recent history. However, with TruSpace Networks recently broadcasting the first galaxy-wide newscast on Borealis in four years, it is evident that Omni-Tek are coming under increased scrutiny.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that the ICC have initiated new talks with Omni-Admin concerning the “future of Borealis”. An ICC spokesperson has refused to comment on the rumours.

What's your opinion? Were you there for the recent clashes? Do you have a story to tell? Should the occupation end or should Omni-Tek stay to restore order? Tell us in the comments below.

I would advise citizens to ignore this article, and its desperate attempts at inciting panic. Omni-Pol is as it ever has been, strong and competent. Any employee who is experiencing feelings of doubt over Omni-Pols ability to maintain order within Borealis are advised to speak to Omni-Reform; and have these false thoughts corrected. Any citizen, not of Omni-Tek employment are free to contact me with legitamate concerns.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

The information in this article is misleading, unconfirmed and, it seems, the personal opinions of the writer.

Disregard and wait for official news from OTPC.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

I don't usually approve of solving conflicts through violence, but in Borealis' case I have to say that Borealis Freedom Fighters have caused much, much less of it than the reckless and mindless occupation by Omni-Tek forces. Administrator Lonare seems to totally fail to see the truth: the Borealis Freedom Fighters are only a symptom, not the problem itself. Not to mention that her rule is highly questionable, basically, illegal. Nobody voted for her, the democratic elections for Borealis' mayor were banned when she invaded the town with her troops.

What I'm saying is, Borealis Freedom Fighters are the voice of the people, and OT is only an illegal military occupant that took the town by brutal force. And I don't care what the ICC say, they weren't chosen by the people either, they don't represent us at all. Nobody can tell a neutral what they should be doing!
    Last edited by Anamelle; May 31st, 2013 at 14:28:59. Reason: Corrected spelling.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Anamelle View Post
    I don't usually approve of solving conflicts through violence, but in Borealis' case I have to say that Borealis Freedom Fighters have caused much, much less of it than the reckless and mindless occupation by Omni-Tek forces. Administrator Lonare seems to totally fail to see the truth: the Borealis Freedom Fighters are only a symptom, not the problem itself. Not to mention that her rule is highly questionable, basically, illegal. Nobody voted for her, the democratic elections for Borealis' mayor were banned when she invaded the town with her troops.

What I'm saying is, Borealis Fredom Fighters are the voice of the people, and OT is only an illegal military occupant that took the town by brutal force. And I don't care what the ICC say, they weren't chosen by the people either, they don't represent us at all. Nobody can tell a neutral what they should be doing!
    And you think ICC will sympathize with terrorist acts? I really don't think so.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

People always seem to forget that Borialis was a mining town built by Omni-Tek. The only illegals there are the
    Neuts who squatted. You should be glad ICC is there or both the neutral and clan would have been forcibly removed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    And you think ICC will sympathize with terrorist acts? I really don't think so.
    I don't care if ICC sympathises with anything or anyone. They don't represent the neutral people. We didn't vote for them to represent us. The only thing they represent are the corporate interests of all the megacorporations, including Omni-Tek itself.

I want a democratically elected ruling body in Borealis and I'm sure many neutrals share the sentiment.

Personally, I think democracy is something worth fighting for.

You can praise the military junta Administrator Lonare so happily leads all you want, but they still are that: a bunch of military thugs. They won't ever be called terrorists only because they have all the power of Omni-Tek behind them. That doesn't change the fact they have been literally terrorising the populace of Borealis for the past six years or so.
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    People always seem to forget that Borialis was a mining town built by Omni-Tek. The only illegals there are the
    Neuts who squatted. You should be glad ICC is there or both the neutral and clan would have been forcibly removed already.
    Omni-Tek abandoned the mining outpost when the mine was no longer viable to be exploited. The town of Borealis was build later on by the neutrals, not OT. Unless you insist to call a “town” that bunch of sorry shacks that were there initially.

How does the fact OT had a mining outpost in the area even constitute an argument here? What does it have to do with legality of Borealis?

When the OT troops moved in six years ago it was stated they did it, I quote Jessica Lonare's own words, “for protection of the vital communications installations.” That was the reason ICC sanctioned the move. There was not a word of previous outposts, mines, abandoned picks and shovels, an OT miner's lunch left behind, etc. there.

Even if Zora himself left his shorts in Borealis ten years ago it doesn't constitute an argument for the occupation's legality.
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

Strongly ignore at your peril

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    I would advise citizens to ignore this article, and its desperate attempts at inciting panic. Omni-Pol is as it ever has been, strong and competent. Any employee who is experiencing feelings of doubt over Omni-Pols ability to maintain order within Borealis are advised to speak to Omni-Reform; and have these false thoughts corrected. Any citizen, not of Omni-Tek employment are free to contact me with legitimate concerns.

I strongly advise all citizens to ignore all articles by AgentCora. Omni-Pol(Tech) is as ever as it has been, domineering, fascist and stumbles from one self induced crisis to another. If any Omni-Tech government official tells you that you are having false thoughts then you should inherently know that you are having the correct thoughts. Trust your instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamelle View Post
    Snip.
    The fact of the matter is that the move was sanctioned by ICC as you yourself stated; thus making our presence and operations within and around the city legal.

If and when Omni-Tek withdraws from the city, I for one would be interested in seeing how long the city lasts without us to maintain order.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    I strongly advise all citizens to ignore all articles by AgentCora. Omni-Pol(Tech) is as ever as it has been, domineering, fascist and stumbles from one self induced crisis to another. If any Omni-Tech government official tells you that you are having false thoughts then you should inherently know that you are having the correct thoughts. Trust your instincts.
    You, whoever you are, are begining to annoy me. You had better hope i do not get a solid trace of your signal.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Hey, Pinknpinker, I have some signal scramblers for sale if Geers makes herself too much of a nuisance. Just sayin...
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Lumen Orien

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vektria View Post
    Hey, Pinknpinker, I have some signal scramblers for sale if Geers makes herself too much of a nuisance. Just sayin...
    Send COD asap! Thanks for the heads up, didn't know there was such tech available. Nice to have another tool in the arsenal of freedom

As the planet is currently leased by Omni-Tek, moving police forces in to assure order on their planet is completely legal and shouldn't be questioned by citizens. Nothing bad ever happens to people who obey the rules and don't cause trouble.

OOC: This discussion makes me feel like real world politics. A lot of talk, no actions. Make the storyline advance and change territorial control on a few cities once again.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

The fact of the matter is that the move was sanctioned by ICC as you yourself stated; thus making our presence and operations within and around the city legal.
    Explaining is losing.

If and when Omni-Tek withdraws from the city, I for one would be interested in seeing how long the city lasts without us to maintain order.
    It was doing fine until you jack-booted your way in, all those years ago.

You, whoever you are, are begining to annoy me. You had better hope i do not get a solid trace of your signal.
    Ah, now it gets personal.... get back to issuing tickets to people with bad body posture.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Policing By Force, Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvin View Post
    As the planet is currently leased by Omni-Tek, moving police forces in to assure order on their planet is completely legal and shouldn't be questioned by citizens. Nothing bad ever happens to people who obey the rules and don't cause trouble.
    Bad things happen to good people every day. Hence the need for a police force. However, policing with force and a police force are two different things. One dominates the public and one serves it.

I've never been threatened by ICC once. I've been threatened more than once by Omni-Tek and their Rule by Force culture. Trust your instincts folks, trust yourselves.

This is Omni-Tek property. If you cannot abide by Omni-Tek rules and philosophies, then you are free to collect your personal belongings and board a shuttle to a planet that you would be better aligned with. Omni-Tek has allowed you to remain here. Omni-Tek could evict you. They show great patience in tolerating your misbehavior. I for one am not that patient. I will, however, abide by my employer's wishes and continue to coexist with you and your rebellious attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Icetigerr View Post
    This is Omni-Tek property. If you cannot abide by Omni-Tek rules and philosophies, then you are free to collect your personal belongings and board a shuttle to a planet that you would be better aligned with. Omni-Tek has allowed you to remain here. Omni-Tek could evict you. They show great patience in tolerating your misbehavior. I for one am not that patient. I will, however, abide by my employer's wishes and continue to coexist with you and your rebellious attitude.
    Well, your welcome to come to Old Athens and share your feelings with us all. See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    Well, your welcome to come to Old Athens and share your feelings with us all. See you soon.
    Your sarcasm and innuendo is not lost on me. You would have me meet with you for a discussion and you and all your friends would rob me of my belongings. This shows us all your true character. You are nothing but a common thug who would steal from others who are willing to work to improve their situation. You and your like are a leach upon the good people of this planet. The spew refuse from your mouths and advocate Anarchy.

Your shuttle off-world awaits you.... I am sure there is enough room for all of you.

OOC: hehe this is kinda fun. Good pastime while the server is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Icetigerr View Post
    Your sarcasm and innuendo is not lost on me. You would have me meet with you for a discussion and you and all your friends would rob me of my belongings. This shows us all your true character. You are nothing but a common thug who would steal from others who are willing to work to improve their situation. You and your like are a leach upon the good people of this planet. The spew refuse from your mouths and advocate Anarchy.

Your shuttle off-world awaits you.... I am sure there is enough room for all of you.

OOC: hehe this is kinda fun. Good pastime while the server is down.
    There is actually few sarcasm in his invitation, you claim that the planet is propperty of Omni and you can send anyone off. But aparently the Omnis arent able to walk everywhere on their "own" planet.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast