Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incentive to join a PvP Event

Incentive to join a PvP Event

Hello guys!

It’s rare I stick my neck into this part of the forums so be nice to me or you'll recieve a fine in the mail ingame

Basically people have recently been suggesting to me that more PvP Events need to take place. With this in mind I’ve been speaking with the Events Team and we have a couple of ideas. The most popular idea (amongst players I’ve spoken with) is that we host an Arena Tournament.

What I want to know is what would incentivise you to join in, other than having the chance to have some good PvP fun? As well as if you think this is a good idea or not. If not, what do you think would be good?

A couple of ideas are:
    * A custom title for the winner
    * A custom item for the winner
    * Having an entry fee for the event and the winner claims the total pot

Because I’m not into making promises I can’t keep, i want to make it clear that there is a possibilty no reward is offered and that it'd just be a chance for you to have some PvP fun.

Also remember any suggestions and or feedback for Events can be directed to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Why not cover all the bases & do 'em all!

Go on, push the boat out a little
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

All level ranges?

Because quite a few of us PvPers don't like tl7.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Why not cover all the bases & do 'em all!

Go on, push the boat out a little
    If this theme of event style goes well you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    All level ranges?

Because quite a few of us PvPers don't like tl7.
    Yes sorry i should have clarified. It would be for all TLs

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Yes sorry i should have clarified. It would be for all TLs
    Exact lvl ranges would be needed as well as how long we have to prepare.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

That'd be something decided on later, and don't worry people would get enough time to prepare.

Right now i'm just wanting to know what would make people join in, or if the very idea of it would be enough for people to join in with.

I'll participate if I can somehow resurrect and punch Philip Ross in his smug corporate face.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You *might* have the oppurtunity to punch some LTCs in the face, but deffinately not Ross

My level 1 having a self-buffed fight against other level 1's would be...an event I suppose. Could have my level 1 fully OSB'd against every level 1 on the server, that would be interesting

Thing with PVP, they are all events. If you need incentives to PVP then you probably aren't really going to do it unless it was RP-PVP which is somewhat odd to me. Some bounty hunter type things were you have to go into omni/clan territories and kill a flagged player to send them back to reclaim where they can be picked up by some sort of enforcement agency...problem is once that player is killed he has a while before he can be killed again, and if you have 2 or more attacking that player they are generally gonna be toast against serious PVPers.

Best thing would probably be an organized tournament, didn't they used to have those? Duelers like tournaments, large percentage of the PVP pop are duelers and would like an "official" tourney. Could also make an RP event in Will to Fight, introduce a specific NPC that has a LOT of health but also flags players. This would make the groups attacking it vulnerable to gankers and would encourage some PVP.

Where do I sign up?

170 advy
    220 NT
    220 crat
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Wow frank went 220 on crat
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Wow frank went 220 on crat
    I thought everyone has a 220 crat so decided to go with the trend
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

I don't do PVP, but if you have any devs willing to make social items, I have a reward idea that I haven't seen before.

Sashimonos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono

Create those with a few different designs or patterns that are already in game and offer them as rewards.

Sashimonos, even social ones, would be handy in pvp and pve both, as guides and rally points in raids and group pvp. That is, after all, exactly what they were used for quite effectively in real life

Either that or a different mesh for your weapon. Endgame chars are preety much set with weapons afterall. I bet everyone would love a cool and unique mesh for a sword or pistol etc
    Not a social thing you just equipp in your hand and must take it off to fight.
    These tournaments have been set up by players almost every year but there's so little GM involvement in them that they usually end up with gankers ruining duels and trolls and chaos

I suggest this:
    In tl7, first 3 winners get something really special! Like that Sashimonos thing that's actually a very cool ideea!
    Nr1's sashimono is glowing red, warning any eventual attackers that their target is one mean mofo who can bite hard!
    Nr2's sashimono is glowing blue, warning any eventual attackers that their target is not the most poisonous of the bunch, but can still kill you if his fangs pierce the skin! O_o
    Nr3's sashimono is glowing yellow(or green), warning any eventual attackers that their target is a very powerful opponent and they should think twice before attacking it.

As for tl5 and lower:
    Nr1 should win a unique weapon with VERY LITTLE improvement to the stats of the weapon they currently have equipped.
    (like, let's say a melee advy wins this. ALL melee advs wear a Scimitar(if not, they should!). Make the scimitar look exactly the same, only glowing red and improve it's stats by something marginal, like +5. So it's damage range is 155-655(155) and +65 to all evades. The difference is marginal, but for a glowing red scimitar I'd kill 5000 people ) PS: make it nodrop after upgrading it!!!!
    Nr2 should win a social item, like a nice back item or helmet. Also glowing.
    Nr3 should win a T-Shirt that says MAD SKEELZ. Also glowing.

I'm insisting on this glowing aspect for a few reasons:
    -something glowing attracts the eye.
    -it entices people to join future tournaments and actually prepare for them.
    -it's proof of your skill and everyone should crave for one.
    -it's unique.
    First time I saw the gauntlet armor glowing I said WTFFFFFFFF I'm getting this no matter what!

The items shouldn't be too hard to develop for any serious developer. If they can make angel wings and bats and skulls and vacuum backpacks and what-not, I'm sure a few glowing items won't be a problem, especially when the items are already in the database, waiting to be modified.

Thanks for reading <3
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

winner of any of the ranges should get permanent bans on all account, then I would join too! (would be a good reason to quit game!)

Would you at least *consider* not holding all these events right outside FT in Bor?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

To be honest an arena tournament sounds like something the PvP community could organize without help, aside from the prizes you suggested. In fact didn't we just have a tourney not long after the merge? I'm all for official tourneys but since you seem to be coming at this from the angle of "story events"...

Why not tie it into the story and do something faction-war related? Have Omni try to take over Clan territory or vice versa. Wasn't 2HO or 4 Holes or someplaceican'tremember contested at one point in this way? And iirc people thought that was pretty fun.

Also, please for the love of everything... make sure the macros you use during events don't have glaring typos all over the place. It makes things look sloppy and does nothing for the stagnant image people have of the story in this game. This isn't aimed at you as an individual, just in general. I cringed a lot during the event outside Bor FT. :x /intendedasconstructivescriticism
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; May 30th, 2013 at 17:49:36.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Snip
    Thanks! Will pass it all on

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Would you at least *consider* not holding all these events right outside FT in Bor?
    This would not be taking place in Borealis, that place is getting into enough trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    To be honest an arena tournament sounds like something the PvP community could organize without help, aside from the prizes you suggested.
    This is true, but people are wanting one and one isn't been organized - so here it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid
    Why not tie it into the story and do something faction-war related? Have Omni try to take over Clan territory or vice versa. Wasn't 2HO or 4 Holes or someplaceican'tremember contested at one point in this way? And iirc people thought that was pretty fun.
    Things that permanently change the game such as this needs FC approval, and wouldn't be able to be held frequently. Although something similar is under plans

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid
    Also, please for the love of everything... make sure the macros you use during events don't have glaring typos all over the place. It makes things look sloppy and does nothing for the stagnant image people have of the story in this game. This isn't aimed at you as an individual, just in general. I cringed a lot during the event outside Bor FT. :x /intendedasconstructivescriticism
    Don't worry, i completey agree and i also cringed and raised this point with the relevant people when i went through the logs

I think it needs to be clear exactly what kind of pvp tournament it will be.
    If its FFA, i think less people will join as you'll get an org or group of players who just use a private channel to work together to call opponents until its just themselves remaining.

If its 1v1, not /duel based you'll probably need to have some rules of engagement. Imagine how many people will QQ from kiting/rooting etc.

If its duel based there must be a time limit, no one is going to wait around for an hour whilst stalemate profs go head to head.

I would favor a semi-RP PvP event. Something meaningful and fun for all people who get involved whilst not totally taking the individual skill out of a PvP event.

As for the potential rewards -
    An item + title would go well towards getting all the regular pvpers involved. They love t3h epeen!
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Small idea to add that might work could be the RP's can send the "bounty hunters" to the targets in said location where Kill target is tampering/stealing/about to gank/whatever target. Should be fun seeing your head on a poster...

WANTED: Poko REWARD: Yellow cake with frosting of your pick and a puppy.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast