Thread: FJRK: Phase 2. The disguise of an occupation.

FJRK: Phase 2. The disguise of an occupation.

FJRK: Phase 2. The disguise of an occupation.
    May 26th, 29487.

Research and Development in Omni-Tek is a dark business. Secrets. Code Words and more patents than we have clan citizens occupying our cities.

This news of the modifications to the dish in Borealis provokes questions, who splashes out four trillion credits on a city that you're apparently just protecting temporarily.

Who conceals the name of the material used under RRT-215. Well, not us. RRT-215 is Omni-R&D's few breakthroughs of 29486, Retro-reflective Tritanium as it is more commonly known is a mirror-like substance capable of high heat dispersion and 99.999998% reflection across all known spectrum beams.

The question is, why would Omni-Tek fit the dish out with what is essentially going to be a glowing beacon to the stars when the sun hits it?

At this time, we would advise all Clan Citizens who have no concern for the Unicorn forces at the dish to stay away. The new panelling will increase Rubi-Ka's dual sun effect by a significant amount and could result in severe sunburn if caught in the dish when the sun hits it.

TOM "HOLLOWPOINT" HARKING
    So - Omni-Tek is "Upgrading" the dish to a model that is going to reflect 99.999998% of incoming data? I guess I haven't had enough to drink today to understand what's going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK View Post
    The question is, why would Omni-Tek fit the dish out with what is essentially going to be a glowing beacon to the stars when the sun hits it?
    There was an old-Earth cooking implement called a "Wok"...
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Because no one in Borealis would consent to a giant weapon in their backyard, unless they had no choice in the matter.

I was saying this years ago..
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Typical clan propaganda. It is nothing more than a communication upgrade that was overdue.

According to out sources at Omni R&D the retrofitted reflection panels will increase the rate of signals reaching the collector with 72.9%. For the regular citizen in Borealis this means that your holiday greetings, from grandma on earth, will be delivered with less delay and lower rate of failure.

Do not try to spread your conspiracy theories.
    We are watching..
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Honestly, Guy, really? You're going to increase the collection by reflecting the signal away? I'm no rocket surgeon, but even I know this is a load.

Well, the dish reflects the signal to the collector, so higher reflection equals higher collection rate.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Good luck getting your data back from The Collector. I hear he hoards things like Ivan hoards liver damage.

I heard Ivan have Omni-Med nano bots specialized in liver tissue regeneration.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

I was in the middle of the dish during one of their so called tests and was immediately sent to reclaim. Thats a bit more than a sunburn. What a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    I was in the middle of the dish during one of their so called tests and was immediately sent to reclaim. Thats a bit more than a sunburn. What a crock.
    Clan information is usually way off. You'd never find such misinformation from Omni-Tek!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Clan information is usually way off. You'd never find such misinformation from Omni-Tek!

Wow, never?

It was an interesting day to say the least lol. When I invited all omni to head to the center of the dish, there were no takers. Trust you intuition folks. Disregard it at your peril. Sunburn doesnt send one to the reclaim.

You should all consider the Omni-Tek is merely doing what it has the right to do - building a construct on the planet that they own. If the corporation would like to build a giant device over Newland that showers Bronto Burgers all over the populace 24/7, then that would be fine as well. But has harmless (and really delicious) as that would be, Clan news sources would twist it to sound like some ominous, dark and twisted thing that the company is planning. This is why their information cannot be relied upon. A anarchistic, radical faction will do whatever they find necessary to attempt and attract sympathy to their self-filled and misguided cause.