Thread: Ever since..

Ever since..

ever since this last patch. Ive been farming Tuq'usk, the Inferno dragon thats suppose to drop Copy of The Excalibur, Ive killed him maybe..40ish+ times. and nothing. Is the loot table bugged?, or has someone else gotten one since patch? I mean i might just have bad luck. but i havent seen any around lately

I've killed Tuq'usk hundreds (well, probably not that many, but it feels like it) of times.. I've only gotten 2 Excali's. Take from that what you will.. but the thing isn't a super common drop in my experience.

Org m8 posted that he had gotten one yesterday

At only 40 kills you shouldn't have broken 50% probability of getting it, so you're not really into bad luck territory yet.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

As an example I can tell you that the last person I know of to get a ql 160 Sword of the Illuminated, farmed the dryad daily for about a year before it dropped.

Sounds like AO is still a hard game :S wtb 100% droprates on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    ever since this last patch. Ive been farming Tuq'usk, the Inferno dragon thats suppose to drop Copy of The Excalibur, Ive killed him maybe..40ish+ times. and nothing. Is the loot table bugged?, or has someone else gotten one since patch? I mean i might just have bad luck. but i havent seen any around lately
    Heh... i had my keeper on hold for over two years while i tried to farm CoE for him. (well i did build other alts during that time ofc). I killed Tuq'usk every time i passed by, usually a few times each day. I lost count after 800ish kills. I still havent seen that stupid thing to drop and my keeper still doesnt have one (nor does he need one anymore though).

I must have the worst luck of all times considering item drop rates in funcom's mmo's...
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

yeah it's really random. did 500ish kills for fisher king, gave up and quit the game at some point. then you go pass a few mobs and get like piercing evil, slippers and bigot on one run.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    yeah it's really random. did 500ish kills for fisher king, gave up and quit the game at some point. then you go pass a few mobs and get like piercing evil, slippers and bigot on one run.
    Ouch. Indeed it's when the game knows what youre farming is what youre after you dont get it

Since i had that same sort of luck (pass a few mobs and get the item on one run) with fisher king. Ive gotten 3 or 4 fisher kings and i cant imagine ive killed him more than 15 or 20 times