Thread: IRRK Freelance: A Lush Gossip Special

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Freelance: A Lush Gossip Special

May date, 29487. – Janice Gowski

IRRK Freelance – Lush Gossip reveals that Omni-Tek publicity took a
    massive dive following the release of troubling reports on many now
    red-faced Omni-Tek officials.

Hello my darlings,

Welcome to Lush Gossip, a IRRK special where I unravel the truth on the scandalous actions of Omni-Tek Officials. Trust me hunnies, this one is fab-u-lous!

Borealis – a city in trouble (and not just for its lack of Miiir), in desperate need for help, yet the cities cries go unheard and ignored; such neglect coming from those who proclaim to protect their own. Speaking of protection, let’s take a moment to discuss Omni-Pol shall we? Recently in a desperate attempt to display a show of force within the city, bludgering
    unarmed civilians with batons and issuing tickets worth multiple thousands of credits for the smallest misdemeanour has become the norm.

In an attempt to find out why such violence is being used I approached (the infamous) Agentcora. Now for an Officer who identifies herself as being in Omni-Pols Anti-Terrorist Unit, I thought it odd that she frequently leads these patrols. Unless there is a credible threat that we’re not being told about, am I right? The transcript of our chat can be seen below:

Quote Originally Posted by Transcript
    Gowski: Can you explain why the ‘Chief of Omni-Pols ATU’ seems to be always in charge of patrols throughout Borealis? Is there a threat we are unaware of?
    Agentcora: I don’t comment on information pertaining to Omni-Pol operations.
    Gowski: Oooh uptight today. I’m feeling it hunny. Now, can you explain the harsh methods being used by Officers on members of the public?
    Agentcora: Under protocols placed in effect by Director Sergeyich, the use of appropriate force is authorized to allow an Officer to take control of a situation or suspect. If an Officer used force, it was needed.
    Gowski: So, when the Neutral was protesting in front of you and your patrol; you thought it was needed to have him shot?
    Agentcora: I’ve been on the force for a long time; I’ve learnt not to second guess my orders. If I chose to have a citizen terminated, you better believe it was appropriate force. That citizen was inciting public disorder and almost caused a riot. I had him removed via the quickest way to prevent that from happening.
    Gowski: One final thing, you always wear either black or Omni-Pol armour, ever thought about trying pink? I think you’d look quite cute in pink.
    Agentcora: We’re done here.
    When the harsh methods being used by Police was brought to the attention of Omni-Pol Director, Ivan Sergeyich he refused to reply. Not that I expect a reply when the majority of times the Director of Omni-Teks Police Force can be found in Omni-1s Entertainment district, heavily in drink and receiving what I’m sure is quite a lovely dance from female company. But hey, why stress about work right? Or perhaps he is too stressed and is why the Director is always seen with vodka. Perhaps Omni-Teks senior management should think about speaking to the Director about his drinking
    problems? Or is the message that being a Director and a belligerent drunk is ok the one Omni-Tek wish to convey? “Get promoted – get drunk! (Just buy your alcohol from us!)” I can see it now as their next recruitment drive!

But, Omni-Tek is not content with allowing one department to run rampant and unchecked throughout this city. The newly launched Omni-AF Division as announced by OTPC here felt it needed to also display a show of force. They indiscriminately attacked civilians throughout the city, leading even Omni-Tek citizens to take up arms and fight the usurpers! No word issued from their Director; Lt.General Rosuma. Do Directors care about their departments? I guess not! Don’t worry darls, we don’t love you either! So it’s time to call in the brass now and control these new toys? Right?

Nope! Infact, the cities Administrator, Jessica Lonare has failed to act, failed to bring her city in control (and failed to build a Miiir). She and her office ignore all attempts of communication, more than likely too embarrassed to face her own city, or maybe keeping the Director of Omni-Pol company with a dance in Omni-Ent. Omni-Admin, Omni-AF, Omni-Pol all taking massive publicity hits, so time for Omni-Reform to step in and shove the propaganda down our throats right?
    Apparently not, it seems Omni-Tek no longer care what their public opinion is (trust me I’ve been on at them for their fashion sense for some time!). So when all these departments are failing whom should we turn to? Who will
    save the day!

Omni-Internal Operations? The very definition of professionalism, said to be trained from birth, the embodiment of Omni-Tek – the saviour of all!? Well, I wonder how they will react to the utterly scandalous behaviour of their own Director, the automaton MAX! Rumor has it that MAX, a male gendered robot has been seen gallivanting with the Neutral female gendered robot, Mari. Is this the fruition of a new relationship? Will they be having robot babies built for them? Have they shared software?...Hardware? How does Omni-Tek begin to approach this when their very CEO has said,
    “Neutrals and Clans; seek employment with Omni-Tek, or seek termination. That is all.” In a public speech, found now the Director of InternOps is emotionally involved with a Neutral!

So what is happening with the upper echelon of Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka? Do they know what is happening in the world? Do they care? Or are they all too busy with drink and Neutral lovers? This reporter cannot wait to see what drivel their public relations department, Omni-Reform has to say to try and cover this up!*

*My names Janice Gowski and this has been a Lush Gossip special!
    Last edited by Lornavash; May 25th, 2013 at 23:51:37.

...Gowski.

You just don't know when to be quiet.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    ...Gowski.

You just don't know when to be quiet.
    I don't think pink would look bad on you chief
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!