Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City Raid Solo Set Up

Lainbr's method works, but requires good equipment and skill. If you're lazy like me, just go SoZ .

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Lainbr's method works, but requires good equipment and skill. If you're lazy like me, just go SoZ .
    no, you're justin. i'm lazy. get it right damn it!

Another small note, if you get an Ankari gen with high Honor Guards, you might need help. I had one the other day with 280ish honor guards that I couldn't solo. NSD kept getting resisted and they nuke for ~5k each. They tore right through Rihwen, couldn't get aggro even spamming MIMQ on them. Couldn't tank both of them and gen and keep up damage debuffs on gen and NSd on them. Had to ask Limefire to come help, 220 shade has no problem with that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Another small note, if you get an Ankari gen with high Honor Guards, you might need help. I had one the other day with 280ish honor guards that I couldn't solo. NSD kept getting resisted and they nuke for ~5k each. They tore right through Rihwen, couldn't get aggro even spamming MIMQ on them. Couldn't tank both of them and gen and keep up damage debuffs on gen and NSd on them. Had to ask Limefire to come help, 220 shade has no problem with that boss.
    You can mezz one and focus debuffin the other. Or swap one or 2 nanoskill items. Or both. I had this luck once, but I dont remember how exactly I managed it.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If I can't land NSD, you think our terrible mezzpet will land his mezz?

xD He was OBSd! Well, as I said, I dont remember how I managed it, but i'm 100% sure I did xD (cause I never died on a solo raid )
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

The Mezz pet is phenom imo IF...you have the mezz pet buff from staff, AND if you moch/expertise. I've used that bad boy to mezz Inf Bosses outdoor and of course missions. Even db2 and 12m bosses. Granted not for long but if no one is poking the bosses it can keep them occupied for critical 10-30 sec.

Unbuffed it is worthless but buffed you would be surprised.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm pistols, so no staff for me.

Didn't even have mezzpet out tbh, simply because I've never ever had honor guards that high, and I can usually get aggro on them with a couple MIMQs. Their auto attacks and nukes just tear through Rihwen when combined with boss, while I can evade 95% of their auto attacks, so I prefer to tank those myself. Anyways, probably won't be a problem at all with 2hb, just pop on invuln-shield and tank everything while recasting pets

Alright, so first my set up -

Full T3....not quite QL300 but close. Starting to line up CS to take place of everything except the head and back which will be Ofab. Wrists are empty.... (go ahead). Rings I have HHAB and the +10 ring pande gate key ring thing. I am using SoZ and have been since I got it. Switched from bow to use while I'm still endgaming up. I have some betas that aren't in because I lack the DB armor so they're out of date (enduring QL186 or whatever, better then the +XP ones I used to have in). Using the Defensive Research item. Used to use the health one for 1kHP but someone said Def would benefit more so I use that.

I do use my LE procs (what I have of them)....here's the thing. Some of them do the same thing. How do I know which ones do more? I can't find a good answer to that one. I do use my heal/nano perks. Attack pet does most of the tanking. Now tonight I was taking him with a Shade in the background adding some extra DD. He killed the attack pet so I kited him around until I could finally repop it. So I do, this whole time keeping him debuffed with the healpet injecting me with health. What seems to happen is I maintain a lower level of health as time goes on until finally I die. After the second cycle which was /term and pop for faster repop pet couldn't hold agg and I wiped. Ended up calling for help from a tank/doc to kill him finally (220 supples).

Here's something - I read somewhere that the various ouji ouji magic staff shield things that MPs get can at some point get combined to the point where you can wear SoZ and use a healpet mezzpet and attackpet buff. Does anyone know anything about this? Because it sounds worth pursuing.

A little help with Research Procs. You'll want Regain Focus and Anticipated Evasion running.

Various "ouji ouji magic"? Yes, the shield lets you access the buffs from Scheol and Inferno quests, which means that you get a the improved mezz pet nano and the +healmod nano for your pets. Also, on which pet are you running Ken Fi (Ancient Knowledge, scales with number of perks in line)? Try it with heal pet. That's +20% healmod of the time for the heal pet. You don't really need the 250aao it would give the frog.

Next in line, are you running Evocation of The Empowered on the frog?

Lastly, equip: You need def, def and more def. Go for the defense hud3. Albtraum def utils are nice, too. Cheap solution for wrists: AI bracer. The Bracer of Focused Concentration gives a bit of def with some hp. Sureshot glasses are nice and cheap but for your case spec ofab helmet would be even better. Ofab back if you can, but if you have to then the reanimated summoner cloak could work, too. For boots, go with dancing king ones until you find something that suits you better. Again, cheap and wide spread. Ofab gloves are nice enough, as is db1 armor for the rest of the slots.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

For the right wrist, consider sandy piece of goo. You're going to want a QL 300 Xtremtech Ring of Casting - quite a bit better than the +10 ring. Procs don't matter much with SoZ. They'll almost never go off do to the glacial recharge time. Make sure you're using all three of your top damage debuffs - they make a difference. And work to get betas in - that sounds like the biggest hole in your setup right now.

I love that my ring is still useful.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    Is the best ring ever! And sorta resumes what most MPs need (It doesnt gives bow, but whatever xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvin View Post
    Here's something - I read somewhere that the various ouji ouji magic staff shield things that MPs get can at some point get combined to the point where you can wear SoZ and use a healpet mezzpet and attackpet buff. Does anyone know anything about this? Because it sounds worth pursuing.
    Yes any of the SL staffs and the zset shield can be used when you cast those pet buffs. As far as kiting the general, if you keep your dmg debuffs on him you can just let the mezz pet get him while you wait for rhiwen recharge.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So tonight I raided again and had a doc and engy with me. Cha decided he wasn't happy about me stealing his Supples last night. So he decided the only logical thing to do would be to grab another set, this time QL276 instead of QL220, and proceed to show up and get stomped again and have them ripped out of his dead body.

The reflects that I had from the engy seemed to be the key to this. His other impressive-yet-debuffed damage was cut enough that I didn't fall too far. I think I'll take a rest from these raids until I twink up a bit so I can actually solo him since he likes to appear a lot to me for some reason. Plan was to imitate the set up posted earlier I'm going to run UB quest so I can equip this CS I've been buying and I've been running PvP dailies to get the VP so I can get my helmet and back piece. I'll post a bit later after I get some more stuff in and see if I fare better. Oh, and I'm going to get the super useful ring too!
    Last edited by Edvvin; Jun 12th, 2013 at 05:46:12.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post

X
    Not like there's been any really significant content updates since LE

I'm not sure if RRFE works in new cities (it should, QW works), but it helped me out a lot when first starting to solo AI raids. Worth a shot.

...what are RRFE and QW?

...what are RRFE and QW?
    Soldeier reflect buff and Quantum Wings...MP fly buff.

On a side note the NPE MP changes with DtP will make solo city raids CAKE!!! Add in the extra NR from odins for the hackers and voila!!!

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Wait...are you implying that we, MPs, are ACTUALLY going to get some love? For real this time?

Wait...are you implying that we, MPs, are ACTUALLY going to get some love? For real this time?
    Yup :P 25% Damage to Pet (it alone can be considered a 25% reflect, for example) and extra static 200 NR (or do you use Sacrificial Shielding on PvM ?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast