Thread: [SUPPORT] : Help with my accounts!!!

[SUPPORT] : Help with my accounts!!!

Hello Funcom!

I returned after a very long absence from the game and logged on my two old accounts which I reactivated again.

After a while I discovered a notice about merging two accounts which I though was an excellent idea to make it easier to handle my chars.

This is what have happened.
    I bought some funcom points with my credit card which worked just fine.
    I upgraded from my AI expack to Xan on both accounts and that FAILED.

I thought there was something wrong on my part so I removed and reentered the credit card information I provided very careful and it still failed.
    So I called my bank and they said that there was nothing wrong with my card and that everything was working just fine on their part...
    But they had not recieved any purchase order from you at all the last day or two.

And that's kind of strange since I tried to pay for both my merged accounts to have the Xan package now at least 10 times.

So I found this very strange and logged onto my froob account and tried to buy funcom points with exactly the SAME credit card information as I gave you above.
    And this worked just fine.

Then I thought that it must be something with upgrading so now I have upgraded my froob account up to and including the Xan package.
    Everything with the same information I provided you in my two paid accounts above.

I sent a support mail to you through your official homepage.
    And now someone answered me and told me that this issue has been resolved.
    Great!
    I logged to my accounts and guess what?
    The payment still DOES NOT WORK!

And YES I have removed the credit card information and reentered it again..
    I have double, triple, quadruple and quintuple checked that my information is correct but it still FAILS the payment.

I even tried a different credit card I have and it FAILS.

So what's going on?

An annoyed customer!

"Take my money, darn it!"

I encountered a similar situation. Apparently a debit card works just fine for a subscription purchase, but if you try to buy Funcom points, using debit cards is completely and utterly broken.

In other words, Funcom is apparently paying two entirely different companies to process their payments by type, and the one that processes Funcom point purchases is completely broken when you try to buy using debit cards as opposed to actual non-debit credit cards.

I would say that Funcom really needs to look at this absurd broken-ness. If you want to get money from people who play your game, it would be a good idea if you create a system where people can actually pay you.

I haven't come across any issues, I use a cheque card, which is basically a boosted Debit card for those that don't know.
    Buying funcom points and paying subs work perfectly fine.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Had some issues with payment some time back, had to use paypal
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Today I decided to try to buy the level 200 Heckler Juice, because I can. But unfortunately the real truth is that, apparently, I can't.

Firstly, Funcom's largest points package is 9000 points. This means I would have had to buy three packages. 9000, 9000, 6000 to get the required 24000 points. Fine.

Successfully purchased the first 9000 points with a Visa credit card, not debit.

Tried to purchase second 9000 points when the first transaction cleared. No luck, failed.

Called bank, verified that they did not have a block on the card, and in fact had seen absolutely no effort whatsoever from Funcom to try to process transaction #2.

Verified that Funcom says the transaction actually failed. OK, so it's a Funcom fail. Fine, I'm used to that.

Tried using my mastercard debit card. No go. No attempt is even made to touch the account, according to my bank.

Tried using my Paypal account. No go. Paypal indicates that a SARL is created successfully, but Funcom never bothers trying to get the money, according to Paypal.

So right now, I have already paid Funcom $75 dollars and want to pay them an additional $125 and Funcom simply doesn't want it.

According to every financial institution I have tried to use to buy with, Funcom is simply not bothering to even attempt to create any transaction after the first.

I experienced similar financial atrocities when I tried to buy a grandmaster membership to TSW, which eventually worked. It's been too long for me to remember how I finally managed to pay for it.

After 12 years and three MMO releases, one would think that Funcom would have something resembling a functional payment processing system, but they simply do not.

Funcom, you want my money? Fix your broken arse payment system. Fire whoever is handling it for you if they can't make it work right. This is absolutely unacceptable.

I've used paypal, credit card, debit card and the only time I've had issues with FC payments not going through is when I've cancelled my account (I do it early so I don't forget and get charged for another month if I decide to quit). Re-activated and then cancelling again once the payment has gone through is all I have to do.

Funcom employee

There's really nothing anyone can do about this on the forum. No one on the AO team has access to even check anything on these systems, and the billing people will most likely need personal details to figure out the problem, so please contact support directly via email/live chat.
    I did notify the appropriate people about this thread, but you still do need to contact support to get help on any account issues.
    Last edited by Macrosun; May 24th, 2013 at 15:28:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    There's really nothing anyone can do about this on the forum. No one on the AO team has access to even check anything on these systems, and the billing people will most likely need personal details to figure out the problem, so please contact support directly via email/live chat.
    I did notify the appropriate people about this thread, but you still do need to contact support to get help on any account issues.
    Sometimes when nothing gets done after years and years of complaining, you just have to be a squeaky wheel. I've been contacted and advised through the bug reporting system that the issue has been resolved. We shall see when I log on tonight.