Thread: GA MK IV disk for trade for leveling

GA MK IV disk for trade for leveling

Looking to trade GA MK4 for some leveling.

Starting at L176 which I will hit tonight in about 15 minutes.

How many levels will you level me for the disk?

I have the 50% exp bonus nano from the shop as well, to help with the numbers

Character name Wheeeefast - I play @ 0100-0700 EST daily

Hrm, doesn't seem like this idea is very productive.

So if I sold the thing for straight cash, what should I expect to have to pay for leveling @176+

Sortof tired of struggling through QL200 RK missions

If this were 2009 I'd suggest a free Ado heck team, today I'd suggest leeching in Inf.

Since you mention that you're currently focusing on RK missions, I'd suggest finding putting together some IS teams - the XP has been revamped, I'm told.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Aye there were buys on the market for 400 mill+ and sells for 900 mill- so the rough range of value for GA seems decently defined to be around the 600-700 mill mark.

Basically I'd like to harness my luck in finding this item into some help ingame that I am not begging for. I wouldn't mind paying for some Ado Heck time, but as a fixer with so-so gear at best I'm not going to be in high demand to actually HELP in such groups.

I've been playing off and on since Beta (mostly off), and Wheeeefast is my highest level character at 176 now.

I've always enjoyed the RK mission system despite Funcom's apparent disinterest in actually improving them from what they were in Beta. Now that I know there are high level SL mission areas, I'd like to play around in them and see if they have made something interesting there, or if they are just more RK-like missions.

I also like blitzing for the fun of it, and would love some more difficult perception and lockpick/disarm challenges, and the ability to do 250 mission blitzes without being instaganked when I get 20 critters following me and the game decides to lag a bit when I turn to AE root.

So, to make a long story short, I'm looking to buy my way into higher levels so I can see higher end contant faster. At L176 I understand how fixers work well enough (I think) that pushing to 200 or so isn't going to make me a gimp know-nothing - though I'll certainly be gimp-geared until I can fund some higher tier gear! I'll get there anyway, eventually, using RK missions and quests until / unless I find something in SL to do that's not mind-numbingly boring.
    Last edited by cheopis; May 24th, 2013 at 03:51:29.

Quote Originally Posted by cheopis View Post
    I also like blitzing for the fun of it, and would love some more difficult perception and lockpick/disarm challenges, and the ability to do 250 mission blitzes without being instaganked when I get 20 critters following me and the game decides to lag a bit when I turn to AE root.
    Try rolling some Pen missions and blitz them for the boss and chests. You'll still get instaganked, but at least the hallways will be different.

As for Ado hecks, if you can find a team you shouldn't have to pay. If nothing else, you might be able to make a team - they're certainly doable without an OST. Having said that, expect to a) get good at body pulling, or b) reform the team alot.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Try rolling some Pen missions and blitz them for the boss and chests. You'll still get instaganked, but at least the hallways will be different.

As for Ado hecks, if you can find a team you shouldn't have to pay. If nothing else, you might be able to make a team - they're certainly doable without an OST. Having said that, expect to a) get good at body pulling, or b) reform the team alot.
    The problem here is that Heck groups are terribly boring in general, and if they aren't terribly borring, they are terrifying. There's really no in between that I've ever seen.

My DPS is meh. My defense is pretty good, but not for tanking Ado hecks. Ely hecks, sure, they are cake. Hellhounds are actually harder, but at this point Ely hecks are barely OK experience. I get more experience faster by killing Level-10 stuff in RK missions because I kill 10 things for 300k exp faster than I kill three hecks for 300k exp.

Sure, I can add to any group with HoTs and speed/evade buffs, but are you going to ask a 176 fixer to join your Heck group if there's a 170-180+ NT, soldier, engineer, enfo, doc, advy, shade, crat, or, well, just about anything else around?

I could completely redesign my character in a way that would make it possible for me to do pure leveling faster, but then I wouldn't like my character any longer, it would just be an exp machine, not a character anymore.

So If I'm going to buy levels, I'd rather roleplay it a bit and try to imagine how a fixer would do it. I got a nice piece of gear, and will use that to leverage some rapid experience if possible.

It would be better, IMHO, if RK missions were improved, but, well, I've been waiting for that for 10+ years and it hasn't happened yet.

I have never even been past Ado yet, lol, so Pen missions are out of the question - for now
    Last edited by cheopis; May 24th, 2013 at 03:43:48.

Tryed dark ruins in ado? The solo part is kinda fun and gives good xp
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    Tryed dark ruins in ado? The solo part is kinda fun and gives good xp
    Nope haven't tried there, don't even know where they are. Will have to look into it I suppose

I leveled many characters to 200 or even 220 playing at least 80%-90% of the time solo.

So here is my advice what to do:
    Do not play 1 character all the time!
    Roll/chose 3-4 characters and do all dailies on all of them.

For your fixer you can do "Normal Daily", Elite Daily" "Alien Daily" from Clan/Omni Agency.
    Then you can do up to 3 BS dailies (from Neut shop in Bor).
    Get 1 Doja from Dark ruin or if you have some help all 3 missions inside Dark Ruins (no way you can do it solo)

As for Ado Hecks they are not so popular nowadays and often ppl have outside tank 220 Enf or Doc and 3-4 ppl doing dammage. In such case they will invite any character regardless of profession and set up just to kill faste
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller