Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant log in

Cant log in

Ok so I when i try and log in I can not get past the I Accept part. I hit accept and the screen just comes back to that same eula screen? help?

have you checked to see if its your anti virus software asking to for permissions as i get that sometimes after a new patch.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

ya I checked that and i tried turning it off

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Hunni; May 22nd, 2013 at 20:08:27.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

If it's the patcher running after you accept the EULA and it restarting every time, go to your AO appdata folder and delete AnarchyPatcher.exe anywhere you find it, and also the .err files. That should do it.
    Last edited by Gridzfix; May 22nd, 2013 at 20:38:43.
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: No, mswarm
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

[Koreteve]: your a dog in the Grid

It says Ao is running when i try to open that app folder. weird. I cant seem to see whats going on

Anyone else have any ideas? The live chat could not help me and told me to open a ticket. that will take weeks

This is very very very frustrating. I still can't log in. And FC is NOT helping me here. I Have used the life chat and Emailed with no luck.

Check all the processes running in task manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC), under the processes tab.
    Check for Client.exe/Anarchypatcher.exe/Anarchyonline.exe kill them all(Right click End Process - usually do End Process Tree, but that's me)

Try by just using the Anarchyonline.exe(in the folder) to try and open AO.

Also, it says the client's already running when you try to open a folder ?
    If that REALLY is the case, it's pretty su****ious and you're not clicking a folder while thinking you are.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

The Anarchy Online client is currently running. Click Ok to try and close it.

So this is what comes up when I try and access the ap folder or patch folder. I have done reboot. There is no Anarchy Online running in the task manager at all.

I am going to try and disconnect internet to see if that does anything

Close any and all windows, browsers (esp these forurms), text documents, windows explorer windows pointing at an AO folder etc you have open that contain the words "Anarchy Online" in the header or the title bar or whatever.

I'm serious. It happened to me too after the merge and the patcher was picking up my firefox tab to the AO forums as an 'already running process' because the title bar contains - Anarchy Online

If that isn't it, I dunno then.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

well thanks for the help. Nothing is working and Fc is not responding to my email. I guess that is what i get for paying 6 months at a time on multiple accts.

It sounds like you already re-boot your machine and closed everything else ...

Only thing else I can suggest or ask ... are you trying to load Anarchy with a short-cut? Perhaps something got sideways with your short-cut and it is trying to load Anarchy twice.

Maybe a Cold boot (turn pc off for 5 minutes) and start Anarchy from the application in its folder rather than with a shortcut on your desktop?

Another thought ... you don't have or haven't had Anarchy loaded in more than one location on your pc? I have had issues with a re-install of Anarchy that did not remove/replace my old pref folders ... launcher got confused by more than one set of pref folders to pick from. I had to delete/rename all the extra/old pref folders before the launcher would work properly. Including the extra set in the new Apps Data location because I re-installed AO in a new location after FC changed where pref folders are saved.

Aoine

You could also try to copy your AO Folder to a different location and start AO from there Direct or via Shortcut .

I tried this morning after computer was off for 8 hours. Trying to copy folder and move it atm to desktop to see if that works.

I am computer stupid so this is brutal for me. Something like this happened to me about 9 years ago with AO after a patch. after a few days of trying to get it to work i lost interest in ao. That lasted a year lol. When I finally came back and downloaded Ao it worked. It is the patches that cause the issue and sometimes the next patch fixes the old patches for me. If this doesnt work then im not sure what to do.

well I copy pasted the file to my desktop and now it is past the eula screen. I have to patch though? i hope patching doesnt screw it up lol

Thx for the help. I copy/[asted folder to desktop and it works. I lost all my preferences. And I still have not recieved an email from Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustman View Post
    Thx for the help. I copy/[asted folder to desktop and it works. I lost all my preferences. And I still have not recieved an email from Funcom.
    Your preferences may still be in the "old" location. On the launch screen click on Settings and then GUI ... there should be three folders listed. Pick one of the folders, go back one level to "Anarchy Online" ... you should then see all the folders related to your current install.

Notice that there is a random number folder name one level back and a 2nd Anarchy Online level further back. That Anarchy Online should have your "old install" pref folders if you want to try to look for them in an older random numbered folder.

My folders look like this:
    Local > Funcom > Anarchy Online > random numbered folders > Anarchy Online ( pref folders, screen shots, etc.)
    I have a random numbered folder for the Live server and one for Test Live.

Aoine

For me, I can't login because Norton thinks the patcher is a virus, and deleted it. Can't manually patch because, also a virus. So reinstalling ><

While you're at it, uninstall Norton thingy and install an antivirus instead.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast