Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launcher prefs reset?

Launcher prefs reset?

I patched today and went to log in and found that my launcher pref file had been reset. Asked in org and others said they got the same thing, is this something new that we have to worry about every patch and set up everything again each time/restore backups?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

hm this happened on my testlive-client with latest patch too, guess it's just this patch though (18.6.3)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

after 10 years you think they can do a patch with out making trouble for us. all my preffs are screwed again -.- new player i think there some, will get annoyed with this if Funcom dont stop messing with them. come on guys IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX. i dont see what alappa being broke has anything to do with the preffs folder.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Graphic settings reset for me, but that's it.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    This.

No biggy, takes all of 30s to rectify.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

And Sounds back on! The horrorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    it also removed the saved account names here... thats actually the annoying thing for me. Anyways, copied backed up prefs over and done.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Funcom employee

In some circumstances the main prefs (sound, graphics, and so on) seem to get reset. It seems to be related to the message saying you have other anarchy online instances open when patching. It shouldn't remove any of the "important" settings such as bag names, hotbars etc.

I'll look into it...

it wont let me run in any bigger rez than 1024x768 :S

edit: had to log on choosing another gfx card, log out, and then in again with the main one to fix rez
    Last edited by Iaitoo; May 22nd, 2013 at 16:45:51.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

I didn't have any message about another instance of AO open during patching... but my entire Prefs.xml for the launcher got wiped out including remembering my accounts.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Yup, no message about running another instance of AO. Asked me if I wanted to submit connection lost reports again, then I had to set resolution again, and didn't remember any account names. Good stuff, FC. Should we go back to the old launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    It seems to be related to the message saying you have other anarchy online instances open when patching.
    I read this thread before I patched and I specifically made sure not to have any other AO instances open.

My prefs still got reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I didn't have any message about another instance of AO open during patching... but my entire Prefs.xml for the launcher got wiped out including remembering my accounts.
    Same here.

Quite unlikely that's what he meant
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

now have to reenter all my account names again

only one instance open
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    In some circumstances the main prefs (sound, graphics, and so on) seem to get reset. It seems to be related to the message saying you have other anarchy online instances open when patching. It shouldn't remove any of the "important" settings such as bag names, hotbars etc.

I'll look into it...
    Nano favorites, Chat windows and friendslist was reset on my lowbie MA
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Lost all my prefs as well.

Well they didn't fix the broken tooltips bug that I reported, so that wasn't why they changed graphics preferences.

Both patches "nuked" my resolution and GUI skin settings (to 1024x768 and "default"), but I think I my prefs were spared. /phew
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Noted today when logging in a couple bank accounts for the first time since the latest patches that if I hit "enter" after putting in the account name, then go to the password window the account name is retained subsequently on the log in screen. If instead I enter the account name then tab to the password window without hitting "enter," the account name was not saved when I went to log into it a bit later. Did not test preferences as they are somewhat immaterial for bank toons. Might be a way to at least keep your accounts on the log in though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast