Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arachnis ninja-nerf

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aoine View Post
    Thanks Mich! Are referring to the drop rate being adjusted or the ring?

Aoine
    Just the drop rate for the moment. When there's more time, I'll look into a better solution.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Fix droprate and then change +10 ring to right clickable to change version to your appropriate class, kind of like spirit shroud. Problem solved. I'll send you a bill.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I have to say that even the estimated 80% droprate seems a bit high from my experience.

I've farmed that ring for 13 or 14 of my alts and it's usually been a royal pita because with my luck its usually been around one ring out of five or six bosses and never the one i'm looking for.

I have to admit though that my luck (or complete lack thereof) with random drops must be one of the worst in mmo history as i've literally killed thousands and thousands of SL dynabosses for example and the only "phats" i've found (during the 7+ years i've been (or was) active on AO) are two piercing evils and one pair of SoS.

And don't get me started about notum scourges and the spirit shroud. Tried to find one for years... still don't have any.

Funny thing is that i have exactly as bad luck with drops and loot rolls on TSW... maybe my accounts are flagged somehow?

My luck in other companies mmo's seems to be much closer to normal...
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; May 20th, 2013 at 19:23:31.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Funny thing is that i have exactly as bad luck with drops and loot rolls on TSW... maybe my accounts are flagged somehow?
    I've always wondered the same thing as well. My AO & TSW phatz rate are both atrocious.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    And don't get me started about notum scourges and the spirit shroud. Tried to find one for years... still don't have any.
    Considering I kill about 1 scourge a week for the last 10yrs (I visit once a month and kill 5-8 per setting) thats well over 500 scourges and I have absolutely zero drops ever. I don't really want to know what the official drop rate is when reanimator, ofab, and even BoC are easier to get.

As far as the +10 ring I have to say opposite luck, I seem to get about 90% drop rate on a ring, and usually 2 kills to get correct ring. I don't think i've ever had to kill boss more than 3 times to get correct ring. A few times in the past i've even gotten 2 rings on same boss.

That aside, I would not trade the drop rates I get on rings for spirit shroud. A need item vs a want item.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Considering I kill about 1 scourge a week for the last 10yrs (I visit once a month and kill 5-8 per setting) thats well over 500 scourges and I have absolutely zero drops ever. I don't really want to know what the official drop rate is when reanimator, ofab, and even BoC are easier to get.
    Just wanted to be an annoying **** and say that I've personally gotten 7 spirit shrouds. In a 2 year period with very infrequent farming
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Just wanted to be an annoying **** and say that I've personally gotten 7 spirit shrouds. In a 2 year period with very infrequent farming
    HAHAHA Then would you mind if I followed you to Pen and just looted 1-2 for social
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'd like to place an order for some shrouds please.
    I've killed in excess of 1,500 Scourges before I gave up, with no shroud.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

and i thought i was lucky getting 1 after 1k kills over a 4years period.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

I tried farming the shroud for ages with no drop... then at some point on a random fluke, I went and killed a few scourges and hey, what do you know. Too bad at this point it was just an item that I would never use because a much better backarmor had become available. Oh well, at least I can open up a backpack and admire it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Issue answered, closing.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12