Thread: Disappearing Corpses

Disappearing Corpses

Ever since the patch corpses have been disappearing as soon as I kill them fairly frequently. The first few times it happened I frustratingly ignored it but it's becoming far too frequent.

Fix please!

wonder if that's connected to the problem with some corpses staying unlootable for like 30 secs then just disappearing. happens on regular mobs and dynas. been like that for the past year I been resubbed.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Got you adds as you killed the Mobs ?
    If you Target got Healaggro and the adds attacking it and they got the last hit the Body can instant decay.

I think there used to be an issue with corpses instapoofing if they were downed by a damage proc (not an actual attack)...maybe that came back?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I cant say for sure what it is. All i can say is i only noticed it as soon as the recent patch hit.

It's been around a while

There's a "fix" to it, but a bit risky if it happens in a place like inf... you just need to relog...
    Sometimes it happens when I'm dual logged, I kill the dyna and I can't see it on one alt but yet the other is able to see it.

It just allows you to see the body after that, it's not a perma fix though... and if you still can't see the body after relog, usually that means it fell into a hill or other inaccessible place
    Last edited by Legendfluf; May 9th, 2013 at 18:30:17.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

This was happening in Alb the other night as well .

Does running far away from the corpse drop spot and coming back work... like it does in the s7 ship etc?

I've seen this happen a lot too, you can normally tell it's going to do it from the delay after the corpse drops... I know the corpse didn't fall under the floor.

If it's the same problem as s7 ship, then logging off/on, zoning or running well out of the corpse drop spot seems to work most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Does running far away from the corpse drop spot and coming back work... like it does in the s7 ship etc?

I've seen this happen a lot too, you can normally tell it's going to do it from the delay after the corpse drops... I know the corpse didn't fall under the floor.

If it's the same problem as s7 ship, then logging off/on, zoning or running well out of the corpse drop spot seems to work most of the time.
    We tried this and it did not work for us in alb. Was kind of buggy all together honestly ..had mobs running when we attacked, the bodies disappearing .. lots of strange things .

This has been happening to me and a friend in Albtraum after patch as well...

I know when I've had this happen, I right click the corpse a few times while it's delaying, it disappears and I don't get any creds... so I know I didn't loot.

I've seen it happen lots since merge and in all kinds of zones, ie. RK, SL, AI zones.

This problem has existed since before the merge. There were threads about it and we were asked to post our Shift+F9 info plus as much additional detail as possible, but I don't know if that ever lead the devs anywhere in terms of finding a fix.

If the bug occurs the mob takes an abnormally long time to die (the HP bar stays empty but nothing else happens), the death animation may or may not play, and then when the HP bar finally poofs there's no corpse to interact with.

I've only recently noticed the same thing as Legendfluf, and only because I was dual logged at the time. One of my toons could see and loot the corpse but the other couldn't. If you run out of range of where the corpse should be, then run back into visual range, you should be able to see it. But this isn't always a possibility. :\
    :E