Thread: Activo

Activo

So, I just reactivated my account (the 12 char slots "bonus" attracted me) and saw that FC sent all my buddy lists to the trash Thanks for that guys.

Also I have no guild on my ex-RK1 chars and since my memory sucks badly I only remember people I used to know in 2002-2005. Old guild mates, attend.

Mandatory questions: ¿Where's the new engine at? ¿what's up with the profession rebalance? ¿what happened to Omni that Clans have 110% XP side bonus?
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Everyone that mattered (As far as TL1 to 5) on omni side stopped playing, and the "leaders" mostly (Not all) turned into "TL7 only" drama queens and "I ban you if I dislike you" types. So their side experience reflects that.

Server merge. RK1 is mostly really arrogant and stupid. RK2 mostly all thinks they're amazing "competitive" players, and all mostly stupid too. Typical "I'm better than you" drama ensues.

Tower wars is this "OMG LOL I MAKE THEM MAD" crap of just using fixer instant gridwarp when you see the enemy. Whichever side doesn't hold TL7 towers "WELL IF YOU WER SKILLD U WUD JUST NSD OR INIT DEBUF FIXer." Side that holds TL7 towers makes more "delete fixer instant grid" threads in response because apparently going to tower sites when you have a free fgrid is really working for some people.

Half of Anarchy Online players now also play EVE Online, as EVE and Anarchy Online were declared sisters.

Your buddy list was killed because character IDs were changed after merge. I am now the proud owner of one 5 number character ID to brag about 10 years from now.

New engine is claimed to be getting there. Rebalance is claimed to be getting there.
    Last edited by wonderland; May 6th, 2013 at 07:46:01.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Everyone that mattered (As far as TL1 to 5) on omni side stopped playing, and the "leaders" mostly (Not all) turned into "TL7 only" drama queens and "I ban you if I dislike you" types. So their side experience reflects that.
    I was wondering about raid bots these days as I have some 220s and I'd like to get back in the horse (The only bad thing is that I have both Omni and Clan chars lvl 220 haha.

Your buddy list was killed because character IDs were changed after merge. I am now the proud owner of one 5 number character ID to brag about 10 years from now.
    Way to go, again, FC And don't worry dude, we're in the same page. I feel your pain of a lost 10+ years buddy list gone for good.

New engine is claimed to be getting there. Rebalance is claimed to be getting there.
    Let's hope they get it done soon. That should pull a good amount of people back (both items, perhaps).
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    The only bad thing is that I have both Omni and Clan chars lvl 220 haha.
    This is the way it should be IMO, but too many people like to make it all about FAKSHUN LOYALTIEZ so I can only assume they're hardcore RPers or something.

Anyway, there are a couple of non-faction PvM raidbots around though your experience with them may vary. There are some encounters that I have yet to see community-wide teams tackle, so if you want to do those you'll have to get into an active org and/or alliance.

PvPwise... well, I mentioned the hardcore RPers earlier. Everyone should just reroll Neutral or something and STFU so we can forget the drama and just go back to PvP, but I seem to be in the minority when it comes to that opinion.
    :E

and the "leaders" mostly (Not all) turned into "TL7 only" drama queens and "I ban you if I dislike you" types.
    You make that sound like a new thing. Omni leaders on rk1 have been that way for the best part of 10 years.

WB to Spydoggy, by the way!
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 10th, 2013 at 12:21:59. Reason: removed unnecessary remark

I was wondering about raid bots these days as I have some 220s and I'd like to get back in the horse.
    I don't think any of the current raid bots will help you with that. That's just too nasty.

Sorry, I had to.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    You make that sound like a new thing. Omni leaders on rk1 have been that way for the best part of 10 years.

{edited by Anarrina}

Thanks for the welcome mate. You still playing?
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 10th, 2013 at 12:23:34.
    ¡Se habla español!

I was wondering about raid bots these days as I have some 220s and I'd like to get back in the horse (The only bad thing is that I have both Omni and Clan chars lvl 220 haha.
    You have Hellcom for omni, Tnet for clan. Iraid for any faction. I think there a few other bots spread around, I'm just not aware of them because I just buy everything I need with credits now.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post

I do think he meant both sides.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 10th, 2013 at 12:23:57.

Hey man, think i still remember you from back in the SBI days. Welcome back!
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    Hey man, think i still remember you from back in the SBI days. Welcome back!
    Hey man, thanks! Dude you used to pwn with that Spetses sword hehehe. Are you still active?
    ¡Se habla español!

Hey man, thanks! Dude you used to pwn with that Spetses sword hehehe. Are you still active?
    Yea still pretty active, just drop me a tell when you see any of my toons on to catch up sometimes
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

WB old friend, como estas?
    drop me a tell
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    Yea still pretty active, just drop me a tell when you see any of my toons on to catch up sometimes
    I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    WB old friend, como estas?
    drop me a tell
    Dude! Damn man, and here I was, thinking I was one of the few freaks that still had love for this game after so many years, but seems we're a lot haha. Unless you're just on forums, are you?
    ¡Se habla español!

nah not only on forums, but working a lot irl, plus i changed home recently! so not much time for AO, but i'm really pleased to see you around..!!
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Lets be honest, people from 8 years ago are not gonna come online on your buddy list. So... Get new friends...

Everything else guys replied well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    PvPwise... well, I mentioned the hardcore RPers earlier. Everyone should just reroll Neutral or something and STFU so we can forget the drama and just go back to PvP, but I seem to be in the minority when it comes to that opinion.
    Well kinda, AO is a virtual world that revolves around the political conflict between clan and omni-tek.

Having said that, some of my fiercest enemies in pvp are some of my best friends.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    nah not only on forums, but working a lot irl, plus i changed home recently! so not much time for AO, but i'm really pleased to see you around..!!
    I already sent you a /tell from my doc (Realmadrid), you fool. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Lets be honest, people from 8 years ago are not gonna come online on your buddy list. So... Get new friends...

Everything else guys replied well.
    Hahaha. Not sure if that was meant as a flame attempt, but it was funny. You're (kinda) right, I've only seen a few people I knew from the last time I logged and I know some of them from over 8 years ago, but others are "new" buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Well kinda, AO is a virtual world that revolves around the political conflict between clan and omni-tek.

Having said that, some of my fiercest enemies in pvp are some of my best friends.
    I know exactly what you mean. Solox, for example, was one of those bastards that used to put on great fights vs me and other ommers, and still was pretty good friends to us all, just like others as Infinitynova or Primathene or Gimprus.
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post

There is a difference between people who recognize that just because you fight hard in PvP against someone doesn't mean you hate each other's guts, and the people who insist that befriending someone from a different faction means you should get banned from the sided PvM bots. You are the former. You also seem to be a minority. I think that's a shame.

If AO was a virtual world where story-related stuff like the political conflict between Omni-Tek and the Clans actually mattered, I would be a happy panda. Unfortunately not many people think of MMOs as virtual worlds any more, only as places to flex their epeens.

That's part of my problem with the sided drama, and with people who use the game's dormant storyline as an excuse for acting like a dick. "Real" RPers would know the difference between IC and OOC. Just sayin'.
    :E