Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my hour back?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    There are some significant differences between these city invasion type events and the cyborg event. Although I don't see anyone being particularly rude in this thread, just a bit of feather ruffling.
    Agreed. Found that to be an odd comment as i saw no one being rude, but each may interrupt typing in their own way I suppose.

As for the events.. Im confused on what's what! I just got a message about Agentcora needing killed and have no idea if its legit.. or.. um, well, not!

I'd be thankful that they are running events whether you get loot or not. They take their free time to do this, and its intended more for entertainment than a loot getting adventure, (for both them and us). Im not gonna fuss at them regarding loot.

However, if it seems borked I would suggest email using help.funcom.com, and Im sure they will look into it when time is allowed. Until then, I thank them so very much for trying to add something a little more to our game..and for trying to kill us hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    The thing is, these city (OA, BOR) ai raids have dropped lead bots for as long as I remember. if you gather a rather large force you may find yourself winning a few good leadbots as well as maybe having some pvp fun. If the loot is to be dropped, why stay an hour for 95% grey zixes? I guess you can go if you are some sort of rp'er who somehow thinks this fits into some story. But many of us go for loot or pvp or such and I won't go if it's just gonna be clumps on the bosses.
    Tee,

Ive played since 2005/6 and Ive NEVER gotten any of that great loot, because the OP Orgs get it with their power house line ups. I suppose the way I see it, its really supposed to be for entertainment value and if that means they just drop 10,000 greys on our head with no, or crap loot... Im entertained.

That's not say for all my years of loyalty, Id not like to see SOMETHING in return (also not saying I haven't), and I'd like to see them running far more in-game contests at the holidays and birthdays where they are giving this stuff away, than having to battle 5 teams off 220 uber twinks for the chance to get something out of a general, or whatever they are dropping.

But, thats something Ive sent in a few times already I think ARK and FC is doing a great job. Love almost all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    As for the events.. Im confused on what's what! I just got a message about Agentcora needing killed and have no idea if its legit.. or.. um, well, not!
    The messages were indeed from an ARK, and legit. Not that you should ever listen to such messages or want to kill me!

"Clan Freedom Fighters. An Omni-Pol Agent going by the name of Agentcora is in the city. Her capture and or termination will result in significant reward. We are as always, a free people."

"Two Sniper shots ring out across the City. Whoever was chasing Omni-Pols Agentcora is now dead..."

It was just a little something i was up to in Old Athen, these types of thing happen from time to time - but this is an example of when you won't get phats from joining in with events.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

1) Attacking Agentcora...
    2) Remains of Agentcora
    3) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    4) Awwwwwww Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    Tee,

Ive played since 2005/6 and Ive NEVER gotten any of that great loot, because the OP Orgs get it with their power house line ups. I suppose the way I see it, its really supposed to be for entertainment value and if that means they just drop 10,000 greys on our head with no, or crap loot... Im entertained.

That's not say for all my years of loyalty, Id not like to see SOMETHING in return (also not saying I haven't), and I'd like to see them running far more in-game contests at the holidays and birthdays where they are giving this stuff away, than having to battle 5 teams off 220 uber twinks for the chance to get something out of a general, or whatever they are dropping.

But, thats something Ive sent in a few times already I think ARK and FC is doing a great job. Love almost all of them!
    Sorry, but you don't need 5 teams to win loot at those ai events. My org has won a number of time with anything between 4 and 10 ish ppl. If you can't ever get those numbers then I suggest there is something wrong with your org.

Won loot in newland on an AI boss with my MA and shade dual logged and a crat in team before. Some good DD is enough for those a lot of the time.

One hour of killing grey zixes and stuff in Bor. And nothing on the boss. Same thing as last time in OA.

Useless and boring. Not a good combo. Why no good loot on the bosses?
    Thats what EQ7 have come to now pat? Moaning about PVM events. Jeez, the rumors are true....
    Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    Thats what EQ7 have come to now pat? Moaning about PVM events. Jeez, the rumors are true....
    EQ towerwins since merge: 154

Still Alive towerwins since merge: 2
    Last edited by Armus; May 5th, 2013 at 12:48:12.

EQ towerwins since merge: 154

Still Alive towerwins since merge: 2

We've won 2?! More than I expected!!

But number of given: 0

I was only asking a friendly question Pat!
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 6th, 2013 at 01:28:28. Reason: removed obscenities
    Ashford

The events can be fun but I think they miss the mark. They miss the mark with players with expectations that events reward them with loot. I also think they miss the mark with people that have an appreciation for the story as well. Some random alien attack? It's always some random alien attack. Why not some temple cultists attacking stuff? How about some insect infestation? A rogue omni-pol commando team infiltrating West Athens through the subway? Whatever. It's not fresh anymore (was there a time when it was?)
    Last edited by Obtena; May 6th, 2013 at 02:50:41.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The events can be fun but I think they miss the mark. They miss the mark with players with expectations that events reward them with loot. I also think they miss the mark with people that have an appreciation for the story as well. Some random alien attack? It's always some random alien attack. Why not some temple cultists attacking stuff? How about some insect infestation? A rogue omni-pol commando team infiltrating West Athens through the subway? Whatever. It's not fresh anymore (was there a time when it was?)
    Corrupted Souls and the repeated attacks on Borealis
    Dragonriders on Rubi-Ka
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

That's a good start ... now I would say it's time to add some consistency; in loot and event frequency.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Red face

eh perhaps just have the boss' death spawn some random item that provides a buff like the gauntlet buff? when clicked on..... not useless nothing to od another team for except the epeen factor.. generic item and recycled buff that wouldn't require ark supervision? .. bam you get your rp you get your participation reward .. better than nothing encourages participation ect.. ect..

Quote Originally Posted by scathian View Post
    eh perhaps just have the boss' death spawn some random item that provides a buff like the gauntlet buff? when clicked on..... not useless nothing to od another team for except the epeen factor.. generic item and recycled buff that wouldn't require ark supervision? .. bam you get your rp you get your participation reward .. better than nothing encourages participation ect.. ect..
    Would require ARK participation just as much as the current system - but it's not a bad idea.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I've had years of interaction with events, and I can tell you two things.

1. What you want will never happen.
    2. But good luck anyway.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I've had years of interaction with events, and I can tell you two things.

1. What you want will never happen.
    2. But good luck anyway.
    Doesnt mean that we can't try and get a more transparent system.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Doesnt mean that we can't try and get a more transparent system.
    He's probably tried already. If not, other people will have.
    :E

One hour of killing grey zixes and stuff in Bor. And nothing on the boss. Same thing as last time in OA.

Useless and boring. Not a good combo. Why no good loot on the bosses?
    did someone force you to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sateenkaari View Post
    did someone force you to go
    I went because these events have historically had good loot (several leadbots) with 100% droprate from the endboss. How do you think ppl would react if suddenly apf or s 42 bosses dropped nothing but a clump?

You're still going on the premise that Events usually offer loot. After being involved with events for more than 7 years, it's my experience that compared to the total number of events it’s very rare for loot to be awarded. Admittedly, some events such as AI raids are more likely to offer loot, but not very often compared to the amount that happen.

Don't get me wrong, i see the benefits of offering loot as it gets more people involved. But you're acting as if you've been done wrong for 'wasting a hour'. If every event offered phats for participation I, and the others in the RP community would be some of the best equipped people ingame and all through RP; I imagine you'd then have a problem with events offering loot.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast