Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my hour back?

Can I have my hour back?

One hour of killing grey zixes and stuff in Bor. And nothing on the boss. Same thing as last time in OA.

Useless and boring. Not a good combo. Why no good loot on the bosses?

The people who run the Events can't post in here - you're best e-mailing events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com or try PM'ing Lornavash or Rainys.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    The people who run the Events can't post in here - you're best e-mailing events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com or try PM'ing Lornavash or Rainys.
    They don't need to post. They just need to read. It's not the end of the world but meh.. really disappointing to have the entire org there to try to win dd and then there is nothing.

Because it's about the story behind it, not the loot.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

There is no need to be rude. Some people play the game to win it, some people play for the story and a myriad of other reasons. All are entitled to their opinion. If their playstyle doesn't match yours I suggest you respect that people are different.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

If that was the same attack on bor that i did a few pew pew at a couple of hours ago, the boss did drop some stuff if i remember right. A viral weapon upgrade and a few ql300 ai wep types was what i saw being looted. While not the greatest loot, its not exactly nothing.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Eat your heart out and cry bitter tears of desperation!!!!

I am now one of the select few proud owners of ql 1 Kyr weapons. No, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Because it's about the story behind it, not the loot.
    There hasn't been an official story for AO for half a decade.

You mean you weren't there for a) the story or b) the fun of pvm!? Weirdo...

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    There hasn't been an official story for AO for half a decade.
    It's true there's been no major development in the story, but there are still events (player and ARK) tied into the story happening all the time, such as this one and especially the recent one with the Borealis radar dish being compromised by the Kry'Ozch.

The problem is, if you're going to do events like this, either make so each event drops loot, or none at all, else this happens.

People have grown to expect loot from events like this. Since the dawn of the AI raids on main cities and hubs, halloween events, Leetzilla etc. I can understand the frustration of this.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You're playing Anarchy Online. Why would you ask for your hour back but not your years? Do you not come here to have your free time consumed?
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    The problem is, if you're going to do events like this, either make so each event drops loot, or none at all, else this happens.

People have grown to expect loot from events like this. Since the dawn of the AI raids on main cities and hubs, halloween events, Leetzilla etc. I can understand the frustration of this.
    I understand that, and the frustration that has come about because of it. However, events in AO are a way of story-telling and as such usually their primary aim is to tell a story, and not to distribute loot.

Granted some events are purely for PvM with nice loot for rewards, but people need to remember that the aim of the majority of these events is to tell a story, and not for the loot which is intended as just a bonus for participation.

There are some significant differences between these city invasion type events and the cyborg event. Although I don't see anyone being particularly rude in this thread, just a bit of feather ruffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    I understand that, and the frustration that has come about because of it. However, events in AO are a way of story-telling and as such usually their primary aim is to tell a story, and not to distribute loot.

Granted some events are purely for PvM with nice loot for rewards, but people need to remember that the aim of the majority of these events is to tell a story, and not for the loot which is intended as just a bonus for participation.
    The problem is, for people not interested in the story, how to tell if they are going to miss out on potential phatz. Which is why I suggested the all or nothing approach, preferably all since that way you expose the story side of AO to more people, meaning you might gain a few more RPers in the process.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

meaning you might gain a few more RPers in the process.

But i like my little lonely corner

The problem is, for people not interested in the story, how to tell if they are going to miss out on potential phatz. Which is why I suggested the all or nothing approach, preferably all since that way you expose the story side of AO to more people, meaning you might gain a few more RPers in the process.

Which makes a lot of sense, but it's still only applicable to select events which means there'd still be the question of 'will I receive something for my time?'

For example: I could write up an event where an attack takes place on Bor and request ARK to be involved, people would see the blue names and automatically assume it's an ARK event and that they'd be getting something for joining in, whereas actually they wouldn't because it's my event and i don't have that power.
    Last edited by Agentcora; May 2nd, 2013 at 23:09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    There is no need to be rude. Some people play the game to win it, some people play for the story and a myriad of other reasons. All are entitled to their opinion. If their playstyle doesn't match yours I suggest you respect that people are different.
    Ty, but no need to defend me. I am fully aware of the kind of entry level life forms that frequent these forums and I don't care about their useless opinions. I just wanted to state my opinion and that's exactly what I did.

Cheers

Lets have the discussion without the questioning moderation or off topic tangents, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Seeing as the cyborg event (where various QL 300 Miy's armor dropped) and only one org got the loot, which caused a stir on the forums, wouldn't an event like this that doesn't drop any "OP" items be welcomed, just for the fun of the action, and the addition to the storyline?

I wasn't around at this exact event the threadstarter is referring to, but I was at the buildup events leading to this one, where Bore was attacked by some Soulless-something, and we killed a "boss" and got lootrights, it didn't drop anything though, and none in my team cared, we just did it for fun, and thought it was fun that our team actually managed to OD the rest of the people that were there (since there was quite a few people around at the time).

Of course good loot is always nice, but I don't think we should expect it every time something like this occurs.

(And I post this to get out what I was previously trying to say (in my deleted posts), just without any content offending anyone)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Seeing as the cyborg event (where various QL 300 Miy's armor dropped) and only one org got the loot, which caused a stir on the forums, wouldn't an event like this that doesn't drop any "OP" items be welcomed, just for the fun of the action, and the addition to the storyline?

I wasn't around at this exact event the threadstarter is referring to, but I was at the buildup events leading to this one, where Bore was attacked by some Soulless-something, and we killed a "boss" and got lootrights, it didn't drop anything though, and none in my team cared, we just did it for fun, and thought it was fun that our team actually managed to OD the rest of the people that were there (since there was quite a few people around at the time).

Of course good loot is always nice, but I don't think we should expect it every time something like this occurs.

(And I post this to get out what I was previously trying to say (in my deleted posts), just without any content offending anyone)
    The thing is, these city (OA, BOR) ai raids have dropped lead bots for as long as I remember. if you gather a rather large force you may find yourself winning a few good leadbots as well as maybe having some pvp fun. If the loot is to be dropped, why stay an hour for 95% grey zixes? I guess you can go if you are some sort of rp'er who somehow thinks this fits into some story. But many of us go for loot or pvp or such and I won't go if it's just gonna be clumps on the bosses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast