Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I have my hour back?

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    You're still going on the premise that Events usually offer loot. After being involved with events for more than 7 years, it's my experience that compared to the total number of events it’s very rare for loot to be awarded. Admittedly, some events such as AI raids are more likely to offer loot, but not very often compared to the amount that happen.

Don't get me wrong, i see the benefits of offering loot as it gets more people involved. But you're acting as if you've been done wrong for 'wasting a hour'. If every event offered phats for participation I, and the others in the RP community would be some of the best equipped people ingame and all through RP; I imagine you'd then have a problem with events offering loot.
    Surprised youre not amazingly equipped already with all those 25k fines you must have handed out!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You're still going on the premise that Events usually offer loot. After being involved with events for more than 7 years, it's my experience that compared to the total number of events it’s very rare for loot to be awarded.
    you must be doing the wrong events. every event i've ever participated in awarded loot. why bother wasting an hour of your life if you're not gonna get something for your troubles?

You must not have joined the Nascence tour group lazy..

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Surprised youre not amazingly equipped already with all those 25k fines you must have handed out!
    They're normally higher than 25k i gave you a discount

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you must be doing the wrong events. every event i've ever participated in awarded loot. why bother wasting an hour of your life if you're not gonna get something for your troubles?
    I attend pretty much all of them I can, and there's been a lot, I have had rewards before; just not many compared to the amount of events I’ve attended. That being because they don't often offer them.

To answer your question as to why bother? I don't see it as wasting time, that's why. I RP when not actually 'playing the game', I find it much more fun than opting for what half the populace does and just idle in a city not doing anything. I'm not saying there’s anything wrong with that, or that’s what you do; I just personally prefer to do something than nothing - and I choose events.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    You must not have joined the Nascence tour group lazy..
    i got my fixer saved in an omni garden as a result of one of those sl tours ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i got my fixer saved in an omni garden as a result of one of those sl tours ;p
    lol :P

You're still going on the premise that Events usually offer loot. After being involved with events for more than 7 years, it's my experience that compared to the total number of events it’s very rare for loot to be awarded. Admittedly, some events such as AI raids are more likely to offer loot, but not very often compared to the amount that happen.
    Rk2? My org has done city ai events for years and over the last year at least it's allways dropped leadbots. Maybe it was different on your server.

Don't get me wrong, i see the benefits of offering loot as it gets more people involved. But you're acting as if you've been done wrong for 'wasting a hour'.
    I'm communicating that I think it's lame to waste my/other ppls time like that. And yeah there is a bigger picture to this that perhaps some ppl don't understand. The good loot attracts ppl. Including a lot of ppl who want to have some pvp fun. A big OA or Bor ai event can sometimes be the setting for some of the best pvp fun there is ig imo. Last few times there was very little of that. Ppl yawned on org and pvp channel. So.. these events went the same way WA did. In other words due to a change from FC they lost their point.
    WA went from a bustling town to a ghost town in a few weeks. Some ppl may think that was a good thing and that it's also a good thing that those AI events will be consisting of a few rp'ers and some ppl farmign ql 15 kyr stuff only in the future.

But I don't :\

If every event offered phats for participation I, and the others in the RP community would be some of the best equipped people ingame and all through RP; I imagine you'd then have a problem with events offering loot.
    I don't care about what you may imagine.

Tbh I'd be very happy if the rp ppl I encounter IG weren't so often completely undergeared and clueless.
    Last edited by Armus; May 25th, 2013 at 00:22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    I went because these events have historically had good loot (several leadbots) with 100% droprate from the endboss. How do you think ppl would react if suddenly apf or s 42 bosses dropped nothing but a clump?
    How can you compare some random Borealis event to s42, luls.
    PS. I want my hours back since I can't use them because I need to sleep!
    Ukkeli leveling froob mp, President of Something about coffee
    Akkeli leveling froob eng
    Relander leveling froob crat

Equilibrium zergs for PvM too? I guess you guys have to get kills one way or an other.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    One hour of killing grey zixes and stuff in Bor. And nothing on the boss. Same thing as last time in OA.

Useless and boring. Not a good combo. Why no good loot on the bosses?

I absolutely agree!!

It's like one time i was at beast, and he didnt drop any BoC!! OMFG.. he did the previous times ive killed him...
    O wait... that wasnt it...Now i remember..
    I was killing collector but i didnt get a gold box like someone else had gotten..OMFG!!...
    O wait... that wasnt it... Now i remember..
    I was doing this Mitaar, and you know what. NO WU!!! he did the previous times ive been OMFG!
    O wait... that wasnt it... Now i remember..
    I want my time back because i didnt get anything...
    O wait... that wasnt it... Now i remember..yes it was..

You were in the event, which means you had a _potential chance_ of getting something if in that case there was. Still had u not been there at loot would have dropped, you wouldnt have had any chance of getting anything.
    What i mean to say: Why bother doing anything in a game where you only have chances of getting anything?

Gees, need i say games are made to have fun ? So, either have fun and take the chances you can, and stop crying over an hour wasted which you most likely would have wasted anyways.
    Or you could leave the events alone. Nobody is twisting your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Some people play the game to win it, some people play for the story
    What story? :S
    Luckystriker 220/70/30 Solitus Soldier
    Luckyscrat 220/70/30Atrox Crat
    Sliced
    220/6x/2x Atrox Shade

Member of New Order

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123