Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Voice - May

Funcom employee Your Voice - May

Welcome to our first issue of “Your Voice”, an Anarchy Online community forum get-together where you can ask questions of the developers, and we will then take them to get answered directly! Got a quandary about where the inspiration for a certain mob came from? Maybe you want to know the idea behind an NPC’s origin? Or perhaps you’re just dying for updates on a certain engine update? Ask away!

Now, before we get started, there are some guidelines to follow and some rules that we have to make clear.

On the first of the month, a new thread titled “Your Voice – Month” will be posted in the Community Corner forum. This thread will be open and the community can post questions they want asked of the developers.

You guys/gals/Atrox are able to submit questions from the 1st of the month until 16:00 GMT/12:00 EDT of the 15th of the month. At 16:00 GMT/12:00 EDT, on the 15th, this thread will be closed, and 5 questions will be chosen. As much as we want to be able to bring all of the questions you have asked to the developers, they simply do not have the time to answer every question a player may have.

If we see a question that is being asked repeatedly, we will attempt to get it answered, but please understand that we can only answer so much about certain things!

Once the questions are chosen, we will be contacting the appropriate developers to get them answered! As we get answers we will post them accordingly between the 16th and the end of the month. Once the month has ended, the questions and answers will be moved to a separate thread for all to see and enjoy. Please be sure to visit that thread (once the first wave of question has been answered) before you post, as your question may already have an answer!

On the first of the next month the old thread will be unstickied, a new thread will be created, and the wonderful process will begin all over again!

Please remember that this is a thread where the only things you should be posting are questions that can be answered. While we love snark as much as the next person, we want to have a good pool of legitimate questions for our developers to answer. We mean it when we say we’re going to get these questions answered! We also mean it when we say no mercy to trolls. What you believe is legitimate and what we believe is legitimate may greatly differ, so troll at your own risk. Here’s an example:

Good Question: Hey guys! Can you tell us more about the new engine update?

Bad Question: When r u going to fix the game you n00bs?!?! You suck!1!

It’s pretty clear which questions we like and which we don’t.

We want this to be an enjoyable and connecting experience for our community and developers, but we can’t do it alone. We appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy getting answers to some of those burning questions about Anarchy Online!
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time nanobot
    Tweetin' About the Anarchy
    The Book of Many Faces
    Everyday I'm Google-in'

We know that rebalance is put on hold until NPE/Engine are released, but what changes if any are going to be done to the current listing of proposed changes to occur? If there are any, when should we be looking forward to the 2nd round of rebalance documents?

Also; FIRST!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Is there any plans to address the state of Hecklers still being the best xp/hr from 90-190?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

After 10 220s and nothing new to do ingame for the last 1.5 years (gauntlet was the last addition I believe) I'm having trouble finding something to do in ao both pvp and pvm wise. Should I just quit?

What are the obstacles that prevent tradeskilling from inside backpacks? Also, are there any plans to make Personal Furnaces stackable?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

On the subject of tradeskilling; (1)there are heaps of undisovered tradeskills, and (2)there are also heaps of unfinished tradeskills ingame.

1. Will these ever be revealed in any form?
    2. Will these ever be adressed (as in; removed or fixed) ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Edit: Screw the original question. I'm bumping this one.
    Last edited by AstralEcho; May 6th, 2013 at 04:27:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    On the subject of tradeskilling; (1)there are heaps of undisovered tradeskills, and (2)there are also heaps of unfinished tradeskills ingame.

I would also like an answer to the above questions. I have spent hours and hours trying to chase down some of the items guessed needed for the processes. Without luck of course.

In general there seems to already be alot of unused content in the databases. It could be interesting to know if you guys are also looking at that for inspiration for future updates.

Will there ever be a revamp for old, unused content? And also, dem cratz took our jerbs.
    I'm Batman.

One of the greatest AO mystery: What in the hell are the chests in Crypt of Home and what they contain?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post

These questions right there. I'd already be happy with a few tips for where to look for the undiscovered tradeskills.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    One of the greatest AO mystery: What in the hell are the chests in Crypt of Home and what they contain?
    Oh and that of course! (and is there any way to open them?)
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

I have brought this up many times since the release of Shadowlands and now that we got fresh blood at FC working on AO, I figure I could try my luck and ask again.

Question: The biggest issue I have with Shadowlands, by far, is the high armor on mobs. This forces people to use weapons with high min-damage. This means reducing the pool of weapons the player finds useful by like 90%. And since variety is one of AO's strong selling points, are there any plans to reduce armor on mobs in SL so that people can branch out a bit in their character-setups? Not only would lower armor on mobs in SL reduce cookie-cutter setups, but it would make it easier to hunt mobs that aren't hecklers for XP.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    What are the obstacles that prevent tradeskilling from inside backpacks? Also, are there any plans to make Personal Furnaces stackable?
    Also, what prevents from tradeskilling stacks of items?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

What do the developers believe to be the unique things about AO that make it stand out from the rest of the MMO market? How would they define the "spirit" of AO? Its heart and soul? And how do they think the characteristics that make AO different and special can be used advantageously to ensure the game continues to thrive in the long term?

(PS. Nice initiative.)
    :E

I understand that the current rebalance documents we have are pretty old.

I am wondering if, in the end, the rebalance will keep all of our professions within the design that we played them for. I would like my metaphysicist to still be a debuffer.

Will the rebalance actually kill weapon swapping?

Will the rebalance switch this game to be balanced more toward team PvP? As in, will it make it less balanced towards 1v1 PvP (If so, I'd find that pretty boring. Pretty sure most people play this game because they can run around solo).
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

How are you going to solve the issue of low income/expensive equipment that newbies have?
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Question

one of the greatest ao mystery: What in the hell are the chests in crypt of home and what they contain? :d
    yeah,
    and also that scary npc lady in cyborg barracks. (forgot name) what's her story???
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    yeah,
    and also that scary npc lady in cyborg barracks. (forgot name) what's her story???
    Do you mean the NPC for the Jacks Rings quest?

More along those lines... Where exactly is the Inner Sanctum on the map? Is it the pyramid in Broken Shores? AND why is the crypt of home larger than the IS? Any plans to expand size of Inner Sanctum or add upgraded CoH style weapons to it?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    More along those lines... Where exactly is the Inner Sanctum on the map? Is it the pyramid in Broken Shores? AND why is the crypt of home larger than the IS? Any plans to expand size of Inner Sanctum or add upgraded CoH style weapons to it?
    we've seen rehashed IS mobs as Hiis in Pande....Hezak/Aztur/Hiis model for Gauntlet boss, etc.

how about Upgrade for thise IS weps ^_=...make them useful again...since more people seem to do IS now...dailies, etc...at atleast every time i've popped into IS..there's people there
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast