Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Other semi-useful stuff you should consider removing the nodrop tag on.

A couple more ideas for eliminating no drop from items I did not see above:

Crat suits from RK missions
    Garden Insignias, especially Pen and Inferno
    Jack legchopper parts
    Prisoner soul parts

Rings of luck, offensive and defensive.
    Always thought they could do without the NODROP tag, and I'd guess these days the UNIQUE too.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Should ACDC have nodrop tag removed?

With recent nodrop tags being removed I thought about what the most desirable nodrop item would be and what the implications of removing the tag from it would be. In my opinion, the item players would want the most would be the Alien Combat Directive Controller I believe there would be both benefits and downfalls to making this change.

Pro's:

Sector 42 raids are uncommon, and successful raids are more uncommon. Players have little capability of acquiring this item currently.

Players who cannot invest several hours of time into participating in the raid would have better access to this item.

Players who are unable to join the raids for social reasons would have better access to this item.

Players who wish to have an ACDC on a profession with low raid values would be able to bring a more useful profession instead (such as enforcers or doctors), allowing more raids to occur.

Players who wish to profit from the raids may increase participation and improve chances of successful raids occurring.

Reduces the length of time players have to invest to create an endgame character.

Con's:

While not a common item, a player who has one may be less inclined to participate in sector 42 raids in the future, potentially reducing the frequency of these raids.

Some players may value the item for it's rarity and difficulty to acquire and would prefer not to make it another "market" item.

The item could be priced far too high and leave a negative impact on the community and may also become an item the wealthiest players could "stockpile" by buying at prices too high for the majority of players.

Reduces the number of items or goals to work toward for an endgame character.

The list is certainly longer, but these are key issues I could think of. This revolves around the ACDC being a tradeable item, however, and I believe an alternative would reduce some potential issues.

Kyr'Ozch Invasion Plan is the item which is exchanged for the ACDC. This item being made "yesdrop" would eliminate the first downside I indicated, given that once the item is exchanged it then becomes nodrop. Players could participate on more useful raiding characters and others may participate seeking profits from selling the item.

There would still be some issues, but these are options for this item being more accessible. Whether this is a good thing and what other benefits or downsides I may have missed would be up for discussion.
    Last edited by Gatester; May 22nd, 2013 at 01:21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Sector 42 raids are uncommon, and successful raids are more uncommon. Players have little capability of acquiring this item currently.

Players who cannot invest several hours of time into participating in the raid would have better access to this item.

Players who are unable to join the raids for social reasons would have better access to this item.

Players who wish to have an ACDC on a profession with low raid values would be able to bring a more useful profession instead (such as enforcers or doctors), allowing more raids to occur.

Players who wish to profit from the raids may increase participation and improve chances of successful raids occurring.

Do you play on Test Live?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Gunships yesdrop pls !

Pros:

I'd finally get an ACDC.

Cons:

I'd likely have to mortgage my account to buy it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Added the one "con" Raggy mentioned to my list, hopefully in a way close to what he was meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Do you play on Test Live?
    Occasionally, why?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    No.
    You should voice your opinion on why not in case this item is considered in the future as one which would lose it's nodrop tag. Simply stating no would not help support your view.
    Last edited by Gatester; May 21st, 2013 at 22:59:56.

Pro, i can swap mine to current toons.

Con: one less item to play and get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

We really can't be making everything hard to get yesdrop. Some need of actually playing instead of ebaying creds has to be kept. Yes, it is a pain to get it's hands on, that does not mean it should be yesdrop.

I merged a couple nodrop tag suggestion threads. Lets try to keep it all together.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Well. I do not see the point at all first of all. S42 is still such a massive raid, that it really dont matter what prof you bring. And unlike all the "elite" people farming 12man vort etc, all profs are welcome. (of course you still need the primary classes such as tank, doc, CC, but what MMO doesnt?)

AO has a ton of old content that just sits there waiting for a dev to tinker a bit with (read: actually finish). Messing around with nodroptags just seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

And yes, I am aware I have also made suggestions to nodrop tag removals in that thread. And yes some items, mostly obscure items, really could use that tag removed. I do not think ACDC is one of them
    Last edited by crude4gone; May 22nd, 2013 at 16:58:50.

Please make Shank of Maze YESDROP for all SLoob ADVs.

Please make the APF boxes and parts Unique.

ktnx

I ran across a QL200 flamethrower in a RK mission the other day that was nodrop, and for the life of me I cannot imagine why that item would be nodrop.

I do not have the name of the weapon. It wasn't interesting enough to be worth remembering at the time, though if I see it again I will write the name down and mention it here.

Living Cyber Armor
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Stop changing things that made this game what it is.

Whats the problem with nodrop tag? Have to actually play to get it and cant just buy it for real money?

FC made that store so ppl can buy stuff for $ and sell it for cred and now they r making more stuff that will made ppl use that and spend even more $.

Stop making this game pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Opscuro View Post
    Stop changing things that made this game what it is.

Whats the problem with nodrop tag? Have to actually play to get it and cant just buy it for real money?

FC made that store so ppl can buy stuff for $ and sell it for cred and now they r making more stuff that will made ppl use that and spend even more $.

Stop making this game pay to win.
    What are you talking about? There was once a time when nodrop was almost nonexistent. Only certain highend loot, quest rewards and various boss loot from later-introduced dungeons made any use of it.

AO was basically nodrop free for the first couple years. SL and the various dungeons introduced prior to SL, like ToTW and IS, were the prime instigators of nodrop. Before that, we had loot trading of more or less all the most coveted items in the game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast