Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the AO Development team has been living in a Pritt-stick warehouse since SL was released.

Anyway, if OFAB was a decent sidegrade, the price of CSS armour might drop by 100m and the price of VP will soar.

There is just far too many CREDs in the system now.
    To all the people complaining about how bad OFAB armor is, think about the time that it was released.
    It wasn't designed to replace AI armor. It was designed to replace the old Tier armors from SL that gave stats that were no longer relevant to the professions wearing it. Look at the old tier armor for a few profs and then compare it to OFAB now. It isn't meant to be a completely OP set of armor that you get for free. Nor were we ever intended to wear full sets of AI armor(FC has officially stated this on these forums) when it was designed and put ingame.

While it is true that some professions cannot be competitive in pvp without having the absolute best armor in every slot, that is something that needs to be addressed with rebalancing the professions and not just flooding the game with AI armor.

Flooding the game with extra viralbot drops would only provide a temporary solution to a long-term problem and there is no way to undo that action once the actual problem has been fixed.

Does it suck to pay 1b for a single piece of armor? Yep, Even for those people who can farm 1b/day easily this still sucks.
    Does that mean they should give us more viralbots dropping? No.

Probably the biggest reason that the prices have gone as high as they are now is that the servers merged and there are now at least double the amount of credits in the economy on this new server that there were on either of the individual servers previously. There are also more people on a single server trying to buy that armor now as well.
    Last edited by Unkfix; May 1st, 2013 at 14:40:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkfix View Post
    there are more people wanting to wear combined armor than there are people who farm full ship raids, the bot droprate is appropriate.
    If you want ai armor, farm it. If everyone that wanted a new set of cc/css for their alt did that there would be at least 20 times the number of bots on the market as there are now instead of everyone just whining that bot droprates suck because they did 2-3 raids and didn't get supple every time.
    1.6% chance of Supple.

100/1.6 = 62.5 Raids Statistically to get 1 Supple bot

62.5*120 = 7500mins per Supple

It would take 125 hours of continuous non-stop AI raids in a statistically perfect world to get 1 Supple bot.

"Just farm it" is NOT a legitimate argument.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    My hope is there will be something in-beatween Predator armor - Ai armor.
    Something Goddess armor tried to be but failed.
    Well the biggest problem with this is that they would have to dedicate the time to design an in between armor set for every profession, that isn't so easy to do without adding a stupid amount of stats to every piece of armor in the set. They would have to design a full set for each profession and they would have to do that by analyzing the skills that are important for each profession and then determine what combination of those skills could be put on that armor without making it OP. Imo they did this rather well with ofab armor already. Ofab gives alot of stats that are "useful" to each profession without it being completely over powered in any slot that you put it in or even with a full set.

1.6% chance of Supple.

100/1.6 = 62.5 Raids Statistically to get 1 Supple bot

62.5*120 = 7500mins per Supple

It would take 125 hours of continuous non-stop AI raids in a statistically perfect world to get 1 Supple bot.

"Just farm it" is NOT a legitimate argument.
    I did 8 raids and got 1 275 supple. Please tell me the droprate is 1.6% again, I'll go play the powerball.

Also, where did you even come up with that stat? When I was raiding 40 times/week I got at least 1 supple a week.

I did 8 raids and got 1 275 supple. Please tell me the droprate is 1.6% again, I'll go play the powerball.

Also, where did you even come up with that stat? When I was raiding 40 times/week I got at least 1 supple a week.
    No, supples don't 'still drop alot'. They statistically drop the same amount as the other bots. The difference is people don't like a 1.666r% chance of getting the bot they want at a QL that is reasonable by doing a raid that takes upwards of 20mins with a 2 hour downtime.
    Projected drop chance on all bots is 10%. You have a 1 in 6 chance of getting the Gen you want, ergo 1.66r%.

People can get supples twice in a row, others get 1 supple in 6 years and over 200 raids (Hi), it doesn't change the fact that both the lock out and drop chance are very out of favor with most of the remaining population.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

stuff
    Read the thread, people are not claiming 2-3 raids or any small number. The average figures are more like 200-300 raids.

Ofab is not free, it takes much time to aquire those vps. As such it is a currency just the same as creds.

AI armor being intended to be worn as 2-3 pieces or a full set is completely besides the point. The point is you can...

The economies have been merged since long before the merge. When GMI was introduced the economies became 1.

Your figure of 8 raids and 1 supple is in no way indicitive of the norm, you were simply very lucky. Raggy is right, there was a post by FC (probably vhab but i dont remember for sure) that the droprate was around 10%. Divided by 6 bots is that measely 1.6%.

Absolutely every point you made is...ermm.....out of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Read the thread, people are not claiming 2-3 raids or any small number. The average figures are more like 200-300 raids.

Ofab is not free, it takes much time to aquire those vps. As such it is a currency just the same as creds.

AI armor being intended to be worn as 2-3 pieces or a full set is completely besides the point. The point is you can...

The economies have been merged since long before the merge. When GMI was introduced the economies became 1.

Your figure of 8 raids and 1 supple is in no way indicitive of the norm, you were simply very lucky. Raggy is right, there was a post by FC (probably vhab but i dont remember for sure) that the droprate was around 10%. Divided by 6 bots is that measely 1.6%.

Absolutely every point you made is...ermm.....out of tune.
    and my figure of 40 raids per week with at least 1 supple every week?
    Maybe you should read.

Also, I've stated that farming ship raids is the way to go. If you only farm ground raids then yes your chance of bots is probably 10% per raid.

If you do ship you've got a much higher chance on ship general than on ground general, and a 100% chance if you get a coon room which happens what? 1/10 raids?|

Furthermore, not everyone NEEDS supple. If everyone who needed viralbots of any kind would just farm them and sell the ones they don't need, there would be alot more lead bots on the market and the prices would be lower for all of them.

P.S.
    don't hate me for being Irish thnx.
    Last edited by Unkfix; May 1st, 2013 at 16:18:54.

Uh, due to Funcom's decision to make 9 of 14 classes (2 of those that don't are hardly relevant anymore - Keepers and MAs) use ranged weapons (and usually just pistols at that), almost everyone DOES indeed need supple to have a 'finished' setup. If you want to break it down further, 2 of the 4 big classes use supple, and those 2 (crat, soldier/engi) are common alts that almost everyone has. Doctor and Enforcer being the other two, and CSS Doctors are fairly commonplace, as are CC Enforcers, albeit not as much as CM setups. 2 classes 'require' supple, it's common on a 3rd, and there's a decent population of it on the 4th of the big 4. Do the math.

There's no denying the lopsided damn-near-requirement for supple compared to every other bot type.
    Last edited by Vanillashake; May 1st, 2013 at 23:02:08.

Maybe you should read.

Also, I've stated that farming ship raids is the way to go. If you only farm ground raids then yes your chance of bots is probably 10% per raid.

If you do ship you've got a much higher chance on ship general than on ground general, and a 100% chance if you get a coon room which happens what? 1/10 raids?|

Furthermore, not everyone NEEDS supple. If everyone who needed viralbots of any kind would just farm them and sell the ones they don't need, there would be alot more lead bots on the market and the prices would be lower for all of them.

P.S.
    don't hate me for being Irish thnx.
    If you farm ships with a 6 man team and get a coon room you only have a 1% higher chance of getting Supple

Here is my math regarding it from earlier:

Because you can't come up with a good argument. The numbers don't lie. And even if I did put together a 6 man team for an AI Raid there is still only a 16.666r% chance that the right bot drops and even then a 2.7666r% overall chance that I'll win the roll and get the bot that I did the raid for.

Face it, the numbers are stupid.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I've gotten exactly 2 240+ supples and I have been playing since late 2002 (can't be arsed to look up when AI expansion came out) from farm raids.

Maybe you should read.
    Read some of the other threads on this board. Many people have carefully collected data on their raids. Your experience is far from normal.

I fully support Lazy's suggestion; and/or a revamp of OFAB, perhaps an Ultimate upgrade, which makes it a close alternative for every profession, and viable in every slot.
    Last edited by trysloob; May 2nd, 2013 at 16:58:30.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Maybe you should read.
    200-300??? 40 raids per week??? Seriously lets tone down these outrageous numbers.

40/5 days = 8 raids per day? With 2hr turn around for each one = 16hrs per day doing nothing but city raids. If you have 2 DEDICATED cities you cut it down to 8hrs. I'm sure you can do the math on the 200 raids above.

I do MAYBE 2 raids per week, and you can call me lucky but i've got 3 supple bots right now all from April-May. If you would like to buy them I can sell them if you need them that bad. You can make up what ever numbers you want but bot drops seem totally random to me. There is no magic number, i've never had a arith bot drop for me in years, but I've had plenty supple/enduring.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    200-300??? 40 raids per week??? Seriously lets tone down these outrageous numbers.

40/5 days = 8 raids per day? With 2hr turn around for each one = 16hrs per day doing nothing but city raids. If you have 2 DEDICATED cities you cut it down to 8hrs. I'm sure you can do the math on the 200 raids above.

I do MAYBE 2 raids per week, and you can call me lucky but i've got 3 supple bots right now all from April-May. If you would like to buy them I can sell them if you need them that bad. You can make up what ever numbers you want but bot drops seem totally random to me. There is no magic number, i've never had a arith bot drop for me in years, but I've had plenty supple/enduring.
    200-300 is in no way an outrageous number. Even 1k isnt. I was talking about peoples experience over years. And there was some others around here somewhere that were keeping hard stats of their large number of growing raids.

And just because you get no arith and lots of supple/enduring doesn't exactly make it "random". Others get other stuff.

At a 10% droprate and a 1 in 6 chance of getting a particular gen to spawn it may seem like randomness but its just luck. There is no true randomness in code, its code after all. Purely logical and any results are just luck.

any results are just luck.
    I can agree with that.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Just so there's no doubts I managed to dig up that 10% drop rate quote from Means.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Just so there's no doubts I managed to dig up that 10% drop rate quote from Means.
    That would be for ship only though not ground raid boss drops.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    That would be for ship only though not ground raid boss drops.
    umm where did you see in that post Means saying the 10% was for ship only? I saw nothing cause he said nothing. Don't make assumptions.

All he said was that droprate is 10% EXCEPT for cocoon room which is 100%. If you were gonna draw conclusions the only one to make is that he means in general...everything (except coon) is 10%.

Okay, now I'm motivated, going to try to farm at least 1 raid per day, I'm going to make a spreadsheet to track my results so I can refer back to it often and make myself depressed at my horrible luck.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Okay, now I'm motivated, going to try to farm at least 1 raid per day, I'm going to make a spreadsheet to track my results so I can refer back to it often and make myself depressed at my horrible luck.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uY3dLYUE#gid=0

Much like mine here. 3 bots in 27 raids which isn't bad (although I had 30 raids before starting this with nothing). Shame 2 were Spiri though
    Last edited by reids; May 3rd, 2013 at 13:20:38.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

I never kept track in the past, but I can tell you for a fact that from when I started playing in Aug. 2004 to when I "took a break" in Aug. 2011, I've only ever had 1 Supple bot drop...

...and it was only QL 205! ...I know that's a decent QL for a possible piece of twink armor for a lowbie, but I've never been into making lower level twinks.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast