Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Because you can't come up with a good argument. The numbers don't lie. And even if I did put together a 6 man team for an AI Raid there is still only a 16.666r% chance that the right bot drops and even then a 2.7666r% overall chance that I'll win the roll and get the bot.

Face it, the numbers are stupid.
    Maybe with random teams. We have been doing raids by need not by greed.

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    - I'm currently taking care about mid arith and high enduring and these markets already much better and healthier now comparing to just after merge.
    It's only healthier for people trying to sell, it has the complete reverse effect on people buying. People hoarding is one of the reasons why the market is messed up at the moment. Your attempt to make it healthier is just making it worse.

It's the natural order of things to cost less with time, there's a higher supply and since the stuff isn't nodrop the items can change hands at any time.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Congratulations, you're in a tight-knit org that favours that type of looting system. Not everyone has that privilege, hence why people solo raid, hence this thread, hence all the concerns regarding drop % that have been cropping up since the introduction of AI.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Congratulations, you're in a tight-knit org that favours that type of looting system. Not everyone has that privilege, hence why people solo raid, hence this thread, hence all the concerns regarding drop % that have been cropping up since the introduction of AI.
    By friends actually (Im sure that org would give a hand also). But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    no. no one wants that except for you.
    I believe that people do roll a toon for the purpose of the profession. You dont roll an NT to tank, and you don't roll a crat to kite... My fear with your idea is that we then have a bunch of ppl running around in cheap, fast an easy AI armor which holds no value at all. The idea is not to remove the value or the difficulty it takes in getting your AI armor, but to make that difficulty more realistic of an effort. i mean...there is difficult and then there is OMFG-WTH difficult, which where AI bot drops stand now as far as city raids go.

Your way offers no effort that I can see. Take an empty viral bot to Bazzit's and for 10M fill it with what you want? I see a lot of level 1s running around in full AI...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    people do arid? who are these people? can you name one? because i don't think i've ever seen anyone in arid. also, ships are just as easy boring and mindless as arid.
    A LOT of ppl farm Arid. There are teams that do nothing but go in and farm there. there is no benefit to Arid other than to farm that I can tell. Its days are numbered for a needed zone.. maybe that's something to consider..or reconsider. It doesn't seem FC foresaw this zone as something that would ever become worthless...It did so very quickly, and while I don't think revamping it would solve anything immediately.. it couldnt hurt to add some decent loot to an otherwise boring area.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Apr 29th, 2013 at 14:21:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post

Let's be serious... how many of you see a toon fully decked in T3 and/or ofab and do not think of that guy still being work in progress without at least 1 single AI piece?

As for everybody asking for "nerf AI armor", why don't you bloody request for all items to be level locked and equip-able with only a right click at the intended level?!?!!?
    i like my Beast/DB/AI combo to be very honest and wouldnt wear full AI ... the ONLY reason I NEED a full set of AI is to get my weapons on... We've tried it every which way possible and without a "full" set of supple or CSS.. I can stuck air because Im not getting the burst I need. If not for that, I'd be happy to not have to raid my city 4+ times a day and hear lower levels complain that Im "taking over the city". If they werent complaining that they also wanted to raid, Id be doing it non-stop tbh. :\

AI is level locked with AI tech requirements. I think thats enough, and I dont think it should be nerfed. The truth is the only one that is sky high is Supple and since the Merge NO ONE in my org has seen a Supple drop but me, and that was once! That is what bothers me more than anything else. But thats SSDD as far as this line of chat goes.

Lazy's idea has merit.. but its missing a control level.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Apr 29th, 2013 at 14:23:03.

Reason is there are more creds to be spent than before.
    + supples still drop alot. There just aint people doing large enough raids for 240+ ones....
    There are 3 supple bots on Market now that are 240+

Anyone running a solo city raid has a chance to drop Supples... If they are so many 220s running all these city raids they are saying they are running... and according to you, "supples still drop alot" where are they?

Since right after merge my entire org has been farming our city nearly none stop, a GREAT many of those are 220s and teams of 220s. We've had ONE supple bot drop. Until recently we were raiding city solo and as an org 3-6 times a day. A DAY. I have crap loot coming out of my eyeballs, and a few strong, enough Spiritual I could CHOKE on, 2 Endurs and 4 Obs

I think you need to rework your numbers
    Last edited by Cariadast; Apr 29th, 2013 at 14:24:14.

Seems you are not even trying to get that 240 supple to drop while not doing ship...
    Why even bother to argue anymore..
    Just go ahead peole and whine long enough for FC to make the game another easymode game like wow.
    I think most of us would GLADLY do the ship... IF WE HAD FOUR ALTS TO TEAM WITH THAT HAVE AI ON SEPARATE ACCOUNTS!!!!

If we don't, then we have to ask friends and org mates to stop what they are doing so they can ALSO WASTE 20-30 minutes (easily), sticking out a ground raid so you can get on ship.. Unless they want to go on the ship ...and then you have to worry about splitting the loot with them if they get snippy about it and how they "helped" you get those bots.. been there...DONE that...Ill stick to ground raids

You're not helping your argument at all, but proving the point. If everyone in your team needs the bots, your chances of getting them decrease. You end up rolling them, and then have to do yet another raid. You could literally spend an entire week doing AI city raids with a ship and still not see your desired Supples...
    Last edited by Cariadast; Apr 29th, 2013 at 14:18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    There are 3 supple bots on Market now that are 240+

Anyone running a solo city raid has a chance to drop Supples... If they are so many 220s running all these city raids they are saying they are running... and according to you, "supples still drop alot" where are they?

Since right after merge my entire org has been farming our city nearly none stop, a GREAT many of those are 200s and teams of 220s. We've had ONE supple bot drop. Until recently we were raiding city as an org 3-6 times a day. A DAY. I have crap loot coming out of my eyeballs, and a few strong, enough Spiritual I could CHOKE on, 2 Endurs and 4 Obs

I think you need to rework your numbers
    And how many <240 supples there are?

As I said before I have seen maybe 2x 240 supples drop from single/two man grounds during my playtime.

And how many <240 supples there are?

As I said before I have seen maybe 2x 240 supples drop from single/two man grounds during my playtime.
    Thats NOT what I said... we got ONE (as in a single) Supple drop from both ground and ship raids. It's not even about the QL. Frankly, GIVE me a 238. 239... Im not elitist! It not going to make a 300 QL piece, but it will give me the same skills as 300 Supple...I WILL WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!

Its the drop rate that is the issue, not the amount of randoms or org mates in your team, or whether you do the ship with that team.

The point of fact is the drop rate for bots is beyond poor, and always has been. The greatest demand is for Supples and the chance of getting Supples actually DECREASES when you add 4-6 ppl to a team who are also looking for that same said bot and that same said quality. Your math is wrong.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Apr 29th, 2013 at 14:35:04. Reason: clarification

Well you had no luck. Point were that supples do drop but as most people do farm grounds there aint many 240 ones for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    AI armor was a bad addition to the game. They should increase drop rates for bots and make all the sets equally useful. Also, why wasn't there a good melee/evade ai armor when they are the ones who deserve an extra edge on the defense side.
    Considering that i have done solo or duo about 100 cityraids in the one month i got back, with only one spiritual bot dropping.....
    I really hope they aren´t going to increase the droprate.
    Yumemi79
    Sicht
    Leonandros
    Mywrath
    Pyschobilly
    Todeszelle
    +15 more

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
    Considering that i have done solo or duo about 100 cityraids in the one month i got back, with only one spiritual bot dropping.....
    I really hope they aren´t going to increase the droprate.
    As far as I can tell.. its a useless bot..Isnt that like a mating call for more to drop? I think I have 6-7 atm

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    As far as I can tell.. its a useless bot..Isnt that like a mating call for more to drop? I think I have 6-7 atm
    250 raids at the moment (~20% with ship). 0 supple, 1 strong, 2 enduring, 4 spirituals.

I actually quit AO for about 6 months when I got a double spiritual drop from a general after a loooong streak bad luck.

I made the calculation on the amount of ICE/CRU wasted - if I sold it I would have gotten more.

Therefore, for the time invested and for the actually fun factor of actually playing the game instead of twiddling my thumbs while counting down the 120s left before the next wave, farming & selling LR for items neither me or my friends need is much more lucrative.

Therefore, actually getting another 1-4 friends and doing Alappa, Albtraum, Miitar, zods or TNH is much more fun and, even with selling stuff we don't need (on alts), it still pays better.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I'm invested some creds to fix CM armor prices on RK2, ... within like month we managed to increase prices from 200 to 300 for ql300 and from 160 to 200 for ql 225.
    - I'm currently taking care about mid arith and high enduring and these markets already much better and healthier now comparing to just after merge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    It's only healthier for people trying to sell, it has the complete reverse effect on people buying. People hoarding is one of the reasons why the market is messed up at the moment. Your attempt to make it healthier is just making it worse.
    Here here.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Less people farming = less drops
    Less drops = more rarity of the item
    More rarity of one item = cost increase

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Here here.
    You both missed key points of my post...
    1 - Current prices are just redistribution of creds. 5 years ago making well-twinked endgame toon costs 2-3bil for symbiants and 4-5bil for (AI) armor, now it's less than 1bil for symbiants, but 6-7 for armor - so making one still costs the same 6-8bil.
    2 - Vet players lost a lot due to all these nerfs and changes (personally me lost like 4.5bil city and ~10bil _equipped_ symbiants), but we CAN protect our wealth and doing it by investing few bils here and there. And we even don't coordinate our efforts and don't know each other - someone starts it, others notice market trends and helps. Right now (last 3 weeks) I see someone fixing strong bots prices - I'm not up to spend 5-8bil to do it solo, not up to spend 2bil to start it by myself, but happily dropped 1bil to help, and think these peoples noticed my job done on enduring bots. I'm appreciate whoever doing it and looking for new CM price over 350mil.

It's the natural order of things to cost less with time, there's a higher supply and since the stuff isn't nodrop the items can change hands at any time.
    Supply getting lower - successful S42 raids since merge can be counted by fingers on single hand (thanks to Dnet leaders from RK1), S10 ICEs still in game, but already worth 60-80mil per BP.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Right now (last 3 weeks) I see someone fixing strong bots prices - I'm not up to spend 5-8bil to do it solo, not up to spend 2bil to start it by myself, but happily dropped 1bil to help, and think these peoples noticed my job done on enduring bots. I'm appreciate whoever doing it and looking for new CM price over 350mil.
    No, I didn't. Your hoarding messes up the market.

It is neither reasonable nor feasible to "protect your investment" since
    1. The endgame symbs you're talking about are nodrop
    2. The return you sought was the ability to play endgame content with an endgame setup - you have had ample opportunity to recoup your cost

Fixing prices is certainly not illegal in this game, and so I'm not accusing you of anything nefarious; I'm merely questioning your naivete.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    No, I didn't. Your hoarding messes up the market.

It is neither reasonable nor feasible to "protect your investment" since
    1. The endgame symbs you're talking about are nodrop
    2. The return you sought was the ability to play endgame content with an endgame setup - you have had ample opportunity to recoup your cost

Fixing prices is certainly not illegal in this game, and so I'm not accusing you of anything nefarious; I'm merely questioning your naivete.
    I would be really happy if all endgame stuff suddenly started to drop like candy and ruined all those carefully made virtual investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    I would be really happy if all endgame stuff suddenly started to drop like candy and ruined all those carefully made virtual investments.
    This.

Market hoarders are a detriment to the future of the game's health. Speaking for myself here, but I was gone about 2 years...seeing the price of things now compared to just 2 years ago, I'm about to quit again. I have a life outside of AO, I only have a few hours a week to play. I can't spend my whole life online farming creds or farming ground raids to armor up my characters.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast