Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Don't think lazy's idea is the ideal solution. I think players wanna roll a profession and then go in a team-scenario and perform the functions of that profession, and then at the end reap some rewards.
    no. no one wants that except for you.

AO is diferent than FPS-games cause it is so left-brain heavy...but arid axp-farm is just mindless fps (run, tab shoot) unlike bossroom/ship in a more mortal team.
    people do arid? who are these people? can you name one? because i don't think i've ever seen anyone in arid. also, ships are just as easy boring and mindless as arid.
    Last edited by Lazy; Apr 24th, 2013 at 16:16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    The only time when ship raids are difficult is the 100-180 bracket. A ship raid filled with average TL7 toons stopped being dangerous a few years back.

Actually, there's a lot more chances of TL7's getting killed in arid than on a ship raid.
    I've done ship as MP/Soldier. Think there was a 3rd profession but I don't remember what it was. I know it wasn't a doc, most likely an agent.

Reduce bonus stats of all combined armor by 1/2. If you want strong armor +30 great, but the moment you combine it with another type it's bonus drops to +15. See what that does to prices.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Reduce bonus stats of all combined armor by 1/2. If you want strong armor +30 great, but the moment you combine it with another type it's bonus drops to +15. See what that does to prices.
    Most likely it doesn't do anything for prices, but it would drive the last three players away from AO.

Lazy's suggestion about generic bot drops where you would define the type of the bot with item thats buyable from Bazzit's shop would be the perfect solution to ease the frustration about farming AI armors.

I do agree that AI armors are way overpowered, but that should've been rectified right after AI expansion launch, or preferably before the launch. Removing or nerfing them at this point only drives away the last players. As the brown matter has already hit the fan, best solution would be to just increase the availability a bit so that even new players would be able to acquire AI armors with a bit of work, without relying on luck. Some people just don't have any luck - myself included.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Pretty sure there's a lot more than 3 players. What would the difference be? Other than reducing the powerlevel considerably.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Ship is soloable on some 'finished' professions and duoable/dual-loggable with almost any combination assuming 220 and not wearing a medsuit. The difficulty is just about right IMO (could maybe use some slight adjustments to the nukers to put some time between the chain nukes, but even that is debatable) considering it takes 4 toons to even get a ship invite. It's the time requirement that's God awful. Maybe reducing the number of waves, on both the ground and the ship, to 4 would be nice.

I frequently do notfinishedadvy+keeper or soldier and we both semi-afk it and watch youtube.

Imo AI armor is not OP. most of the armor are just crap and not worth having.

so, instead of nerfing AI armors, buff others.
    one of the strengths of AI armor is that it covers all levels from subway to endgame.
    none other armor does that and even less armor on lower levels.

so, seriously make Tier armors among other sets usable and worth using.
    and people knows what stats they want armors to have, so make them specific and not filled with garbage.
    over 80% of stats in combined merc and 95% in commando has no use for me.
    beast and azure sets are stat-wise perfect example of garbage. filled with crap stats that makes you look like a circus clown when mixing and matching useless pieces with another set items.

take the idea of "lets make another set that is great for every profession and has all stats" and shoot it with a shotgun untill its dead. then make more sets tailored for each function.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    I do agree that AI armors are way overpowered, but that should've been rectified right after AI expansion launch, or preferably before the launch. Removing or nerfing them at this point only drives away the last players. As the brown matter has already hit the fan, best solution would be to just increase the availability a bit so that even new players would be able to acquire AI armors with a bit of work, without relying on luck. Some people just don't have any luck - myself included.
    The AI armor designer never thought that toons would have more than one or two pieces; with that in mind the current price is not that unreasonable. People get upset when they "have to" buy a whole set at per-piece prices.

I'm not saying everything is fine, in fact the opposite. Give Miy's a wee bump and you might see more folks outdoor farming. Personally I don't think it can be considered power creep if you take something sub-optimal and make it slightly less sub-optimal - when optimal already exists.

Edit: curses! Beat to the point.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    The AI armor designer never thought that toons would have more than one or two pieces; with that in mind the current price is not that unreasonable....
    WOW! You people are locked in a long time passed train of thought. Yes, toons were supposed to have 1- 2 AI armor bits... it was supposed to be rare. Well, it didn't work like that and most of the recently tailored content is based on AI armor being available as a set.

To quote Egad: you can probably do pande with 2 disabled citizens and a banana. But how many would actually do that NOW?

Let's be serious... how many of you see a toon fully decked in T3 and/or ofab and do not think of that guy still being work in progress without at least 1 single AI piece?

As for everybody asking for "nerf AI armor", why don't you bloody request for all items to be level locked and equip-able with only a right click at the intended level?!?!!?
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    over 80% of stats in combined merc and 95% in commando has no use for me.
    beast and azure sets are stat-wise perfect example of garbage. filled with crap stats that makes you look like a circus clown when mixing and matching useless pieces with another set items.

take the idea of "lets make another set that is great for every profession and has all stats" and shoot it with a shotgun untill its dead. then make more sets tailored for each function.
    Azure chest is amazing for any class which needs the -nano cost. The boots add quite a high runspeed (and are not nodrop - perfect to swap with Inf boots while levelling).
    Make armour which is "great" - only one class needs full AI armour to function at maximum capacity. The others are best in a mixture - Shade, to be full PVP and properly decked out, needs 4 pieces since there are better alternatives everywhere else.
    And NoDrop armours are designed for PvM, mainly - DB, Biodome, Azure, all designed for PvM roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    beast and azure sets are stat-wise perfect example of garbage. filled with crap stats that makes you look like a circus clown when mixing and matching useless pieces with another set items
    A. are you seriously comparing froob gear to combined?
    B. are you smoking crack?

Both of those sets aren't designed to be worn as sets. Different pieces have different buffs that help certain play-styles/weapon types, and even as old as both are, pieces of them are still viable armor to this day. Not to mention both look pretty sexy imo. Way better than the high tech bug look of combined or the "I made my armor from cardboard" look of ofab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    As for everybody asking for "nerf AI armor", why don't you bloody request for all items to be level locked and equip-able with only a right click at the intended level?!?!!?
    Because if I wanted to play WoW I would have an account with blizzard ^^
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

It's not just combined btw, it is Ql 300 imps for 3b, pandeloot etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    no. no one wants that except for you.
    And why do we play MMO's then? To solo and get items via a shop?

Many people dislike the lack of team-content.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    A. are you seriously comparing froob gear to combined?
    Comparing endgame gear in base AO to endgame gear in AI is perfectly reasonable and shows how out of touch the developers of AI were.

While the Combined armor is certainly overpowered, I wouldn't say the devs were out of touch. Power creep is how you draw customers to buying an expansion. Every MMO does it, not just AO. It's normal. The availability of the armor or lack of comparable options, even after all these years, is the issue.

Pande loot is cheap compared to several years ago...

Every MMO also provides appropriately difficult content for said power creep. AI didn't. The closest it came was Sector 42, which didn't even come out with the expansion, and even that was mostly difficult simply because everyone tried to just zerg it instead of splitting the raid groups and killing towers at the same time.

Maybe you only played with the raidbots, but when they were released, the alien playfields were appropriately tuned for reasonably sized groups of friends or organizations (read: 12-18) as intended.

But this is all off topic, the problem is the supple lead viralbots.

When they were released the alien playfields weren't instanced, and thus playing with the appropriate number of people was close to impossible, as raids were run with bots on just about every gate opening.

Fc should limit AI armor wearable by 2 piece or 3 piece per toon (+1with beast sleeve for stats)
    =balance
    =price drop

not like you can't find other good armor to fill all other spot (db/enhanced biodome armor/ofab ect)
    Last edited by dritst; Apr 25th, 2013 at 18:37:18.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

wtb alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast