Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

So combined supple based armor is now 1b per piece

Where will it stop...?

Whenever people decide not to buy it. If you were to build a piece of supple based armor and put it on the market, what would you sell it at? 1 billion, like everyone else on the market, constantly making sure that your piece is not giving you less of a profit margin than anyone else? Or do you price aggressively, putting it up at 900m, making sure that whoever is in the market for that piece of supple armor is going to buy it from you?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I sold some of my CC pieces for 850m - thats not changing anything.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

It will stop when bot drops get fixed
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Or when they change the TS process. Observant should be the main bot for CSS. That would effectively reduce the price on both CSS & CC armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    Or when they change the TS process. Observant should be the main bot for CSS. That would effectively reduce the price on both CSS & CC armor.
    No it wouldn't. Obs isn't any more common than Supple.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i've said this before and i'll say it again. make gens drop Generic Lead Viral Bot which you then combined with a typed base purchased from bazzit for x credits (10m f.ex). this way when you get double 300 spiritual drop after 60 raids of no bots you don't /wrists.

problem solved.

They need to remove bounties from s10 because they are causing inflation.

problem solved.
    Gotta agree with that. It would make CRU a constant price and dramatically reduce the price of AI Armour.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

problem solved.
    Also, they might actually decide to do something about those "inactive" viralbots.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    No it wouldn't. Obs isn't any more common than Supple.
    Ofc it would. Right now, both 300 CSS and CC armors require ql 240+ supple bots. That's why the price is so high, both melee & ranged endgame pvp armors requite the same bot to make.

If, however, obs bots would be the main bot for CSS. It would;
    - Be twice as many 240+ supple bots availible on the market to make 300 CC.
    - All the ql 240-300 obs bots that are currently on the market, will be useful to make CSS.
    - We'd have roughly twice the amount of BOTH CC and CSS armors on the market.
    = Prices would go down on both of those armors. Supply vs demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    Ofc it would. Right now, both 300 CSS and CC armors require ql 240+ supple bots. That's why the price is so high, both melee & ranged endgame pvp armors requite the same bot to make.

If, however, obs bots would be the main bot for CSS. It would;
    - Be twice as many 240+ supple bots availible on the market to make 300 CC.
    - All the ql 240-300 obs bots that are currently on the market, will be useful to make CSS.
    - We'd have roughly twice the amount of BOTH CC and CSS armors on the market.
    = Prices would go down on both of those armors. Supply vs demand.
    It wouldn't change anything since Obs is used in Scouts and swapping it will only make Scouts go up in price, all you are doing is shifting demand from one source to the other, it doesn't address the issue, which is drop %.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I really like Lazys' suggestion, especially that ive been collecting all those spirituals just in case ... Im trying to imagine myself with all those backpacks full of supples and its even better feeling than finding myself with a froob mule filled with backpacks full of ICEs that people inside s10 were giving away for free or even not looting it that suddenly cost over 100 mln per backpack after s10 nerf. Yes, do it, i'm ready

As long as demand is higher than supply the prices will go up. Its that simple.

So the supply needs fixing from Funcom if prices have to go down.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Quote Originally Posted by Noer View Post
    As long as demand is higher than supply the prices will go up. Its that simple.

So the supply needs fixing from Funcom if prices have to go down.
    Fine line, in regards to AIarmor demand will always be higher than supply.

The supply needs some fine tuning, but i doubt any of us want everyone to be handed a free AIArmor set on the rolling of a new toon.

Alternatively fix so everyone isn't rolling the same few classes (which can do everything in this game). :-P

But yeah - easier said than done.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    They need to remove bounties from s10 because they are causing inflation.
    Yeah, you know if they removed those things people told me that combined armor prices would drop like rocks! Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

I figured that would be down to merge and lack of CRU; I mean, they're upping relay droprate in S10 - when that hits, ql 192+ Observant/Strong would be cheaper.
    By extension, more CRU = happier city raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    I figured that would be down to merge and lack of CRU; I mean, they're upping relay droprate in S10 - when that hits, ql 192+ Observant/Strong would be cheaper.
    By extension, more CRU = happier city raiding.
    there's enough cru ingame. the CRU is not the problem. the problem is that it's about 400 manhours to produce 1 240 supple bot. with today's server population that's a pretty unreasonable amount of farming.

problem solved.
    That does sound like a pretty damn awesome idea. Equipping a character in this game is WAY too tedious by today's MMO market standards. While I agree that part of AO's charm is its old school somewhat hardcore-ness, that's going to lead to nothing but its continued decline. It's not attractive to new people, and there aren't enough vets for long term sustainability (escpecially when considering FC's current condition).
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast