Thread: Ultime balance in AO :)

Ultime balance in AO :)

Imgine what if mochams and rest of nano skills buffs were self only
    Damn that would be big penalty for every class, bigger than other self only buffs of other professions
    It would cut actually make you use nano on your level not earlier or even wouldnt let you use it to the very end, ouch.

That would be hellish from Fucoms side

Same to wrangles.
    Uchideshi 178 Omni MP
    Member of Illuminati

O.o with wrangle that doesn't apply. Because when a trader wrangles he nerfs himself. So he would only get a disadvantage from a wrangle

I like this idea. It balances things. Mochams _should_ be self only. After all we're supposed to be the 'masters of nanoskills'. As it is now, anybody can mooch a mocham from us and be just as good. It's not fair.

Now other professions would actually have to 'work' to get their nanoskills up.

Bump!

And wow, just think. This would stop all the little boys and girls from *****ing about needing my buffs. I'm all for it!

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I like this idea. It balances things. Mochams _should_ be self only. After all we're supposed to be the 'masters of nanoskills'. As it is now, anybody can mooch a mocham from us and be just as good. It's not fair.

Now other professions would actually have to 'work' to get their nanoskills up.

Bump!
    They will never be selfonly! You can write thousands of comments or bump this thread thousands of times. Mochams will never changed to selfonly!

The reason why is: NTs, Engs and Soldiers need them to cast their buffs. And as we all know will Soldiers never get any changes of their buffs - so no changes for Mochams too.

Sorry but you have to accept that.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    And wow, just think. This would stop all the little boys and girls from *****ing about needing my buffs. I'm all for it!
    Hehehe I was just thinking how nice that would be. But then, I'd want something decent for MPs to actually necessitate implanting for mochams at all.

Heh, I'm ready to admit we're little more than sugar daddies for low lvl chars.

I did figure out a pretty big use for MPs come the booster pack and team pvp though. Buff your teammates with mochams, especially the doc, and they won't be quite as crippled from trader drains. Yeah, kinda weak I know, but we aren't going to get love anytime soon. Best idea is to just roll a different char and be happy
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Funcom has stated that almost all professions will need outside buffs to cast their highest nanos.

That means Mochams.. Wrangles are a little too short and transient to really be seen as a "buff".

Oh, and where does it say the MP is the "master of nano-skills"? I would have thought, honestly, that the NT would be the one buffing nano-skills. Mochams always seemed misplaced to me. MP's are supposed to be people who can manifest beings and such from thoughts, etc. A very spiritual class, not necessarily a very technological class as the NT should have been. Then again, all of the MP's nanos are designed with skill requirements based upon the nanoskill buffs you have, so they definitely should belong to you. But they should definitely stay castable on others. Self-only stuff sucks, it's bad enough everything new is self-only.. don't give FC any more ideas
    Last edited by fl0w_; Oct 19th, 2002 at 09:50:40.
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

This was sarcasm. Sorry if you didn't realize it.

I didn't say i want it to be self only all i said was imagine if
    Btw i wrote this because more and more buffs become self only, this is only to balance the game ... so as my topic says, if Funcom will continue to do so they will finally make ultimate balance or (unbalance) and make our buffs self only

Everything would be so limited that i dont want to even think

To all that argue about NSD, imho if I can buff your nano skills because i am beyond logics of this limited world so I can also debuff you for big amount.
    Uchideshi 178 Omni MP
    Member of Illuminati

As an engie, the sadistic side of me would laugh if they made mochies self only, and did away with wrangles.

It does seem strange to me that FC make the new nanos self only, when they are buff type nanos. In the past FC have said, at least to the engies, that part of AO included finding people to buff you up. (social interaction, trades in skills, and all) Guess they have changed their aims for the game.

I feel a little sorry for traders, they're role as masters of weapon buffs seems to have been knocked down a noch or two. Well at least engie, crats, docs and a few metas still need them. (Assuming the new 14.6 buffs end up self only and NT's get their hand held nuking device)