Thread: Lost Mail

Lost Mail

I started a new toon late December, early January on newbie island. I had the toon Claim the jetpack while they were still on the island for them to collect once I got their research done. As it happens I did not bring this toon to the mainland until the last few days. I have been busy with RL. They had the mail notice of pending mail (ie their jetpack) when I logged them in, but as soon as I arrived in Borealis to claim their mail it was gone. In the past claimed items like the jetpack did not time out.

Was their a change notice about how long "claimed" mail would last?

Did I miss the notice that any pending mail would be lost with the server migration?

I don't recall seeing any FC messages telling us to make sure and clear all our mail before the merge went Live. Unfortunately I did not think to test my newbie island toons on the Test Server before the merge ... I checked a lot of other stuff on TL like missing items on many of my bigger toons, but did not happen to check newbie toons.

Anyone else have this issue?

Colrain

I have had a similar issue as well ... I put it in as a Bug report a couple of days ago.

For my newbie island toon it was one I started over the summer and never got back to until a few days ago, but same problem, the pending mail notice was active on login, but nothing in the toon's mail once I got to the mainland to claim it.

Kinnik

Think that the Jet pack was removed cause it was a temporary gift.

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

Yes, I know it was removed from the Item Store in February. However, my toon claimed it from the Item Store long before then, she just did not collect it from her Mail right away since there are no Mail terminals on newbie island.

Are you suggesting FC would delete pending mail for an item when they take it out of the Item Store? I did not think of that reason for it going missing.

Colrain

Fairly sure mail wiped with migration

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Better question is, who does research at Noob island ? :X:X:X

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Fairly sure mail wiped with migration
    also fairly sure mail expired before migration.

i dont know for sure if there is a timer, i dont send/receive stuff that often but i assume there is.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 21st, 2013 at 21:01:11.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I don't recall where I read it but I read that mail expires after 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    I don't recall where I read it but I read that mail expires after 14 days.
    Yes there are various deadlines for 'regular' mail and other deadlines for GMI mail for when you withdraw something from your GMI account.

I believe the OP is referring to "system" mail that FC sends you, like the jetpack or your sunrise apt key post-merge or the voucher sent to org leaders post-merge. These kinds of mail do not expire as far as I know.

As I posted above, I used to be able to collect the jetpack or other Item Store "claimed" items longer than 2 weeks after claiming them. At least that is what I recall.

Kinnik

Mail sent from FC, like things claimed or bought from the ingame store expires after 1 year. Probably bugged out or lost during server merge. /petition it and hope for the best, but doubt you get it back. ^^

On the plus side, regular yalms should be quicker to equip in upcoming patch, so its not a big gameplay loss.

There was a timer to claim the Jetpack my son did same thing forgot how long it was think it was like 5 days or so