Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rihwen and Carlo will no longer be nodrop.

To be honest...

I am running the same config like RD and Urteil and got the same "problem" and yes, it is quite annoying to swap here and there - especially when a pet has been killed. But it is a way I have chosen myself. This setup is pretty viable (from an AS-skill 1750+) and for this advantages (+++ AR ofc) I traded of some HP and the ability to not-swap.

Yes, I can not understand why someone who chose this path is really complaining about. I mean, its just like you chose to wear black latex suits with a gas masket and complain about that you are looking silly.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    To be honest...

I am running the same config like RD and Urteil and got the same "problem" and yes, it is quite annoying to swap here and there - especially when a pet has been killed. But it is a way I have chosen myself. This setup is pretty viable (from an AS-skill 1750+) and for this advantages (+++ AR ofc) I traded of some HP and the ability to not-swap.

Yes, I can not understand why someone who chose this path is really complaining about. I mean, its just like you chose to wear black latex suits with a gas masket and complain about that you are looking silly.
    Except everyone is comparing Engineers to Soldiers.

Which is essentially Apples to Oranges, if you ignore the old "Soldier with Pets" saying.

The level of equipment required for an Engineer to self- cast the Widow and all it's DB buffs, is well out of skew of say, a Soldier putting on his Xan of Anger. Sure PvP Engineers make that sacrifice to have to hotswap another 6-7 items to fully buff up their pets, which takes only a little less time than fully buffing a Keeper (it's true). But most Soldiers don't need to make any sacrifice to be efficient PvP killing machines.

"But we can't cast our top AMS". So what? You lose what, 3%? A 220 Engineer without his Widow or Mechdog is going to be doing absolutely nothing.

Sacrifices made by Engineers to be PvP viable outside of having their pets kited everywhere by everyone and everything packing FM Stims completely shadow anything your average Soldier might sacrifice for PvP.

Marine, you're a special case, your Soldier isn't the standard PvP build for a Soldier, using your case in an argument is silly.

tl;dr Soldiers got nothing to cry about in terms of sacrifices and buffing times for PvP
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Except everyone is comparing Engineers to Soldiers.

Which is essentially Apples to Oranges, if you ignore the old "Soldier with Pets" saying.

The level of equipment required for an Engineer to self- cast the Widow and all it's DB buffs, is well out of skew of say, a Soldier putting on his Xan of Anger. Sure PvP Engineers make that sacrifice to have to hotswap another 6-7 items to fully buff up their pets, which takes only a little less time than fully buffing a Keeper (it's true). But most Soldiers don't need to make any sacrifice to be efficient PvP killing machines.

"But we can't cast our top AMS". So what? You lose what, 3%? A 220 Engineer without his Widow or Mechdog is going to be doing absolutely nothing.

Sacrifices made by Engineers to be PvP viable outside of having their pets kited everywhere by everyone and everything packing FM Stims completely shadow anything your average Soldier might sacrifice for PvP.

Marine, you're a special case, your Soldier isn't the standard PvP build for a Soldier, using your case in an argument is silly.

tl;dr Soldiers got nothing to cry about in terms of sacrifices and buffing times for PvP
    yeah, what he said ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

also, trade the Rihwen and Widowmaker's ARs around.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    massive piles of delicious soldier tears
    I was going to respond to your post point by point, but its not worth my time. You are just another "Whaaaaaaaa! I no can slam my face into keyboard and he dies!" soldier. The point still stands that engineer casting/buffing times are a raging pain in the ass, recasting/popping pets during a fight in any sort of viable pvp setup is not an option, and that soldiers cry way way too much.
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    also, trade the Rihwen and Widowmaker's ARs around.
    no, give them both and carlo a boost. All pet classes main pets attack rating was set well before power creep hit its current level.

Engi buffing is a total pain, it takes 5 minutes to fully buff without hotswapping anything. If you include hotswaps? 7-8 minutes...

7 minutes each time you want 1 minute of fun?

On soldier you mash buttons boom you are buffed and ready. For those first 7 minutes you can own engi... then engi owns you but Bs round is already over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    To be honest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    I was going to respond to your post point by point, but its not worth my time.

You are just another "Whaaaaaaaa!

buffing times are a raging pain in the ass, recasting/popping pets during a fight in any sort of viable pvp setup is not an option,
    Hilarious. I play all 3 pet classes and easily Engi is the best off of all 3. The point remains YOU ARE A SUPPORT CLASS. If you want to use AS setup then that's the sacrifice you make. Personal preference, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The fact that you can personally be a force in pvp is reason alone not to complain. You want top pets then act like an engineer and stop trying to be a soldier with pets.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Hilarious. I play all 3 pet classes and easily Engi is the best off of all 3. The point remains YOU ARE A SUPPORT CLASS. If you want to use AS setup then that's the sacrifice you make. Personal preference, you can't have your cake and eat it too. The fact that you can personally be a force in pvp is reason alone not to complain. You want top pets then act like an engineer and stop trying to be a soldier with pets.
    Docs and Crats are Support classes too yet have their Cake and Eat it without many, if any, sacrifices...
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Docs and Crats are Support classes too yet have their Cake and Eat it without many, if any, sacrifices...
    Yea I think I mentioned crats and MP's also...How did docs come into this? They dont have pets they have to cast. I I gaurantee they most certainly wouldnt gimp their top heal nanos or DoTs for a better AS skill.

So if you want to have that great AS skill and make your pet a glorified DoT, well then you will be using a lower dmg DoT that you can self without swaps lol.
    Last edited by Psikie; Apr 22nd, 2013 at 19:06:33.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yea I think I mentioned crats and MP's also...How did docs come into this? They dont have pets they have to cast.
    AS setup and 'Support Classes'.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

If you bothered to read any of my posts you might have noticed that I do not use an AS setup; and I loathe that bloody AS pistol. It has done more to screw over suppport professions than anything previously in the game. Every time someone wants an issue addressed, there's sudden emorageflames of "YEW HAS AS PISTUL!! STFU!!!" Take it out of the game. Support professions should not have to rely on as to be viable in pvp.

"YEW HAS AS PISTUL!! STFU!!!"
    Those darn trees

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Agreed.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

nerf yews?

Good thing engineers are so incredibly focused. They've gone from comparing themselves to MPs and are now comparing themselves to soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Good thing engineers are so incredibly focused. They've gone from comparing themselves to MPs and are now comparing themselves to soldiers.
    Nice to see you can't come up with any credible argument so you're just trying to throw insults. kthxbai.

Nice to see you can't come up with any credible argument so you're just trying to throw insults. kthxbai.
    Coming from you, I think that's a compliment.

So, we are agreed then? Devs should raise requirements for top engy pets so that they dont have to swap gear around and can just use a lower ql pet. Gud idea hu?

Id like to change the thread title to "Let's make cake eating requests".

I'd like to have zset and tigress both made 1h and remove rhand only tag/unique tags so I can have best of both worlds with my AS and defense with no swaps! While we are at it, can Rhiwen have equal hp AND AC AND EVADES AND AAD to tank like Widowmaker? Give Mezz pet equal taunt to dogbot also.
    Last edited by Psikie; Apr 23rd, 2013 at 02:00:38.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast