Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rihwen and Carlo will no longer be nodrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    This?
    no one

Pronoun
    No person; not a single person.

Again, please quote the person who said that.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I support your suggestion of 2k bm/mm cast requirements on Advy heals but this is quite off topic.

Yup I am a supporter of that to, if it comes with appropriate heal. This would semi force a choice in equip to excel in something (support healing in this case). I think the highest heal isn't that far of in the rebalance. (and I'm already set-up for it, which was a trade off at some points).

People have in general to much good equipment that the IP distribution (or the lake of IP) can be overcome too easily. Resulting in everyone aiming for the same standard endgame setup. One solution might be less IP but I guess non wants that. So why not turn it around and reward the pet profs by increasing the Pet potential when you choose to go out on the Nanoskills.

As such a pet increases in power (not by QL) but by Nano'skills (just like the NT nukes are proposed to work). There would be just a nano for each mesh there is atm (bot, warbot war machine, slayerd droid, Widow, 2 dogs etc all QL 1) …. It just sets the Mesh and these might just set the Dam type and the QL of the bot would be that of the caster. Basic HP, AR, and Def is set in respect of the nanoskills MC and TS. A new line “bot tuning” would enhance the bot further for either, Tanking, Def set up, DD setup (etc.), something in between, PvP mode, and alter taunting, HP, aao, aad accordingly (and what more?).

Losing 1/4 of your damage, half your CC ability, and your only init debuff with the only way to get it back is to hide, stand still and then swap a bunch gear of that drops your HP below the point you can survive a shade or enf stun gank, is "not much of a dealbreaker".

It is hard to accept that this isn't what MP's want since when their pets got increased from 30 minutes to 2hours they couldn't stop telling us how engineers need higher requirements because they are permanent.

Then when they became permanent they couldn't stop telling us how engineer pets are buyable from a storefront and so we need higher requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    This thread is done. You've made an embarrassment out of yourself and the engineer profession as a whole. Go brainstorm for your next attempt.
    You are talking about a PET prof. You know the prof that game directors, dev's, aowiki, and even the original boxed set all say you weapon is your pets. lollollol

You want to be a better weapon than your pets that is your choice but sacrifice on your pets as a choice. Or you can be a PET prof and max your pets and buffs and sacrifice your personal dmg. OR you could keep your swaps handy like most players do. The choice is yours.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You are talking about a PET prof. You know the prof that game directors, dev's, aowiki, and even the original boxed set all say you weapon is your pets. lollollol

So what was the dev's thinking when they added Extreme Prejudice, Inits buffs, damage buffs, Engineer pistol, pistol and specials to control symbs, pistol/shotgun/grenade to tier armour, pistol/shotgun/ranged energy to engineer perks, engineer turn spirit weapon, pistol to engy star, grenade to engineer perks and engineer AI perks, pistol/shotgun to ofab, aMEP, pistol to engy stellar deck, 80% pistol perks and weapon skills to creator module?

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

So what was the dev's thinking when they added Extreme Prejudice, Inits buffs, damage buffs, Engineer pistol, pistol and specials to control symbs, pistol/shotgun/grenade to tier armour, pistol/shotgun/ranged energy to engineer perks, engineer turn spirit weapon, pistol to engy star, grenade to engineer perks and engineer AI perks, pistol/shotgun to ofab, aMEP, pistol to engy stellar deck, 80% pistol perks and weapon skills to creator module?
    No what i'm saying is that they gave you the OPTIONS and CHOICES, you just seem to be to hard headed to get that. You seem to want the best of both worlds and can't seem to figure out it's not possible. You can't seem to be comfortable with the CHOICES you have to make so you want to re write the rules to suit you.

I would love to have zset 1handed shield I could dual wield, or a 1h tigress that i could dual wield with 1h zset, but that just aint gonna happen. You want to max out AS and not even use full control symbs AND still be able to cast your top nanos, that aint gonna happen either bub get over it.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It sounded more to me like he was saying "If we're going to give this out-of-combat benefit for bureaucrats and metaphysicist, why don't we give engineers some of that also? I mean, it shouldn't really affect too many things in regards to balance because it's out of combat."
    Yeah I've never had to cast dog in the middle of the fight, bs round, towers, tara...what an unfair request to not have to stand still clicking items while everyone else is running around pew-pewing.
    Sounds like he wants an in-combat benefit to me..

and maybe getting metaphysicists a whole new set of pets from xan zones.
    I'm all for this

Quote Originally Posted by Sateenkaari View Post
    OP forgot to mention that the MP pets are now insta cast (or atleast most of them) and Carlo/Carlita is instacast, and CEO is faster to cast than engie pets
    And if you compare the tags on Rihwen vs Widowmaker, you'll see Rihwen has "User SummonPet Level 220 HashCode:AAMT For -1 minute, -1.00 second" as an effect. That means that we can't summon another one for a minute after casting the first one. So even with the 29 sec cast time (which I'm fairly confident, though not entirely sure, is affected by nano init), engineers can still get out double the attack pets we can.

Rihwen vs Widowmaker, you'll see Rihwen has "User SummonPet Level 220 HashCode:AAMT For -1 minute, -1.00 second" as an effect. That means that we can't summon another one for a minute after casting the first one. So even with the 29 sec cast time (which I'm fairly confident, though not entirely sure, is affected by nano init), engineers can still get out double the attack pets we can.
    Well, to be situationally pedantic:
    *Throws grenade*
    *Runs*

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Well, to be situationally pedantic:
    *Throws grenade*
    *Runs*
    A whole 10 seconds on top of being able to have a pet out and another shell ready to go.

No what i'm saying is that they gave you the OPTIONS and CHOICES, you just seem to be to hard headed to get that. You seem to want the best of both worlds and can't seem to figure out it's not possible. You can't seem to be comfortable with the CHOICES you have to make so you want to re write the rules to suit you.
    Right now I am casting all my top nanos in a combat setup. I just want it to be less frustrating and time consuming.

The current top pvp profession has zero issues with buffing and swapping. They don't have to make a choice nor deal with tedious routines.

And if you compare the tags on Rihwen vs Widowmaker, you'll see Rihwen has "User SummonPet Level 220 HashCode:AAMT For -1 minute, -1.00 second" as an effect. That means that we can't summon another one for a minute after casting the first one. So even with the 29 sec cast time (which I'm fairly confident, though not entirely sure, is affected by nano init), engineers can still get out double the attack pets we can.
    You are clutching at straws if you think a 1 minute lockout on your instacast pets that you are 400 above requirements on is actually a disadvantage compared to engineer pets.

Engineer has to run away, hide, swap out gear, nano up, cast pet, cast pet, nano up, swap out more gear including LE hud with an 11 second swap time, cast formula 22, reflect x2, cast omni pol x2, nano up, swap back to VE incase you get attacked in the meantime, cast aoe snare x2, use store bought NCU injectors that get used up, agg trim pet 1, 2, nano up, cast isotos/mb/ashs/cps, nano up.

Looking at MP buffs I see not much over 800 nano cost or 5 second cast time for pet buffs.

I don't think it is too much to ask to get the same 1/1 cast time on pets and the ability to self cast pets in a total combat setup like MP and Crat given that they have received two increases in pet duration to permanent, a unique feature of engineer pets, and their endgame pet has become yesdrop.

your an idiot

You are clutching at straws if you think a 1 minute lockout on your instacast pets that you are 400 above requirements on is actually a disadvantage compared to engineer pets.
    You forgot that, apparently, according to some PvMer, people attack pets in PvP for any reason other than pissing off the engineer when they already know that they're going to die. and that, apparently, engineers are going to sit there in swap gear for a minute to recast everything while fighting, because PvPing is really "Who can mass produce the most pets," and not, "Who can win."
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Right now I am casting all my top nanos in a combat setup. I just want it to be less frustrating and time consuming..
    I don't think it is too much to ask to get the same 1/1 cast time on pets and the ability to self cast pets in a total combat setup like MP and Crat
    Wow... this is too funny!!! This is from the SAME post and you can't make up your mind??? So which is the truth either YOU can cast all top nano and should stop QQ, or you can't and thats what you are crying about. OMG too funny.

ROFLOL maybe you should stop posting. LOLOLOL

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Wow... this is too funny!!! This is from the SAME post and you can't make up your mind??? So which is the truth either YOU can cast all top nano and should stop QQ, or you can't and thats what you are crying about. OMG too funny.

Maybe you should discern the different contexts. You are right though how I wrote it looks a little misleading.

It should read: I can self all the top nanos with 5 swaps of which some are not right clickable and one has a 10second swap time.

I don't think it is too much to ask for the same 1/1 cast time on pets and the ability to self cast them in a total combat setup like MP and Crat can.

your an idiot

Maybe you should just make a logical argument that isn't pulling in irrelevant factors or statistics that would never be applicable to some real PvP situation?

Maybe you should discern the different contexts. You are right though how I wrote it looks a little misleading.

It should read: I can self all the top nanos with 5 swaps of which some are not right clickable and one has a 10second swap time.

I don't think it is too much to ask for the same 1/1 cast time on pets and the ability to self cast them in a total combat setup like MP and Crat can.
    This is, honestly, exactly how it read to me.
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

You forgot that, apparently, according to some PvMer, people attack pets in PvP for any reason other than pissing off the engineer when they already know that they're going to die. and that, apparently, engineers are going to sit there in swap gear for a minute to recast everything while fighting, because PvPing is really "Who can mass produce the most pets," and not, "Who can win."
    You forget that I'm not the one that initially brought up casting pets in PvP.

Even, so engineers win using both pets produced and who can win metrics.

Your arguments make less sense than Rdord's, which is quite the accomplishment, though not something to be proud of.

The current top pvp profession has zero issues with buffing and swapping. They don't have to make a choice nor deal with tedious routines.
    So instead of asking for a change to "the current top pvp profession", instead you just want MPs/crats to be worse than engineers. Makes sense.

I don't see how being above requirements affects the lockout at all. Who's the one clutching at straws again?

Looking at MP buffs I see not much over 800 nano cost or 5 second cast time for pet buffs.
    MP:
    Evocation of the Reinforced, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost
    Improved Instill With Malign Intent, 4.97s cast, 2.5s recharge, 800 nano cost
    High Chant of Effortless Strikes, 5.38s cast, 1.78s recharge, 504 nano cost
    Healthy Manifestation, 4.97s cast, 2.5s recharge, 800 nano cost
    Evocation of the Pure, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost
    Evocation of the Empowered, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1250 nano cost
    Evocation of the Enraged, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 800 nano cost
    Touch of Poison, 2s cast, 1s recharge, 454 nano cost
    Total: 21.32s cast, 23.78 recharge, 7408 nano cost

Engi:
    Formula 22, 5s cast, 1s recharge, 550 nano cost
    Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System, 7s cast, 5s recharge, 3208 nano cost
    Advanced Software Hacking Shielding, 2s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost
    Improved Shield of the Obedient Servant, 7.15s cast, 2.5s recharge, 1150 nano cost
    Coherent Polarized Screening, 6s cast, 3s recharge, 649 nano cost
    Reactive Harmonic Cocoon, 3.5s cast, 4.1s recharge, 646 nano cost
    Total: 30.65s cast, 19.6s recharge, 7603 nano cost

Now keep in mind, I wasn't sure what you meant by MB, so I couldn't include it. And I didn't include casting buffs multiple times, because that would skew it quite heavily to MP, since we have 3 pets instead of 2. Your cast time is higher than ours, but cast times can be reduced with nano init. Our recharge time is higher than yours, which can't be reduced. Your nano cost is higher, and i could see it if you wanted to ask for Omni-Pol to require less nano, that sounds reasonable to me.

I don't think it is too much to ask to get the same 1/1 cast time on pets and the ability to self cast pets in a total combat setup like MP and Crat given that they have received two increases in pet duration to permanent, a unique feature of engineer pets, and their endgame pet has become yesdrop.
    Sure, I'd be fine with you asking for that. But that's not what you're asking for, is it? Not to mention, neither Metafly nor I are in "total combat setups". We're smart enough to not sacrifice more than we're comfortable with.

You can self-cast all the top nanos with 5 swaps. I can self-cast all my top nanos without swaps, but I sure as hell couldn't equip Troa'ler with a mere 5 swaps. It would take an IP reset or 2, as well as reperking and getting new gear. Hell, without considerably more effort than it's worth, I can't even equip Peh'wer. I'm talking full CSS, multiple SL sided mob drops, etc. So you really don't have that much to complain about when it comes to nano vs weapons.

I still say boost the timers on engineer pets if thats the issue here. But theres no need to lower the requirements on engineer pets. There just isn't. If pets die during combat then.. they die.. MPs and Crats can cast pets instantly or easily (if thats what's being said here, not putting words in anyones mouth if not) and engineers have NSD and blockers.

Different professions are different, engis are the most brokenly powerful so MP has convenience and crats are almost as annoying as engis but at least AS lands on them.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Engi:
    Formula 22, 5s cast, 1s recharge, 550 nano cost x2
    Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System, 7s cast, 5s recharge, 3208 nano cost x2
    Advanced Software Hacking Shielding, 2s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost x2
    Improved Shield of the Obedient Servant, 7.15s cast, 2.5s recharge, 1150 nano cost
    Coherent Polarized Screening, 6s cast, 3s recharge, 649 nano cost
    Reactive Harmonic Cocoon, 3.5s cast, 4.1s recharge, 646 nano cost x2

Masters Bidding, 1s cast, 3s recharge, Nanocost 3000 x2

Intrusive Aura of Slave 11s cast, 3s recharge Nanocost 1023 x2

Widowmaker 29s cast 2s recharge Nanocost 5700
    M-60 29s cast 2s recharge Nanocost 5700

Total: 130.15s cast, 49 .7s recharge, 33808 nano cost

Then add trimming each bot 3 times.

Sure, I'd be fine with you asking for that. But that's not what you're asking for, is it? Not to mention, neither Metafly nor I are in "total combat setups". We're smart enough to not sacrifice more than we're comfortable with.
    Crats run around in full css and custom imps, def huds and def perk lines and can self carlo.

MP can run around in full css/ofab deperk nanodoctorate and starfall and self Rihwen.

Eng can not run around in full cc and custom imps, def huds and def perk lines and self Widowmaker.

You can self-cast all the top nanos with 5 swaps. I can self-cast all my top nanos without swaps, but I sure as hell couldn't equip Troa'ler with a mere 5 swaps. It would take an IP reset or 2, as well as reperking and getting new gear. Hell, without considerably more effort than it's worth, I can't even equip Peh'wer. I'm talking full CSS, multiple SL sided mob drops, etc. So you really don't have that much to complain about when it comes to nano vs weapons.
    It takes me a reperk, imp swapping, full cc, dual MR rings, bbq pillow to equip Tro and Peh'wer.

Did you think you were special ? As for Peh' Wer being impossible:

From Auno:

kitingfool @ 2009-09-08 11:07
    @ SceneGG @ 2009-06-30 12:25
    Sure they can. Did the Pehwer and Troller together the other day on a Nanomage MP. No contracts. Hell, It was at 1678. (1379 normal, 1321 is the OE req)

Jihla @ 2010-01-31 12:14
    According to my calculations it's even possible for (solitus) MPs to dualwield a pair of these, without towers.

Jihla @ 2010-03-17 21:28
    And so it was. Equipped a pair of these on a 220 solitus MP without the use of towers/contracts or the ranged special Albtraum bracer, and using a single, low QL BigBurger.
    Last edited by MassDebater; Apr 20th, 2013 at 05:35:02.

your an idiot

You are right though how I wrote it looks a little misleading.
    Glad you can see the humor...

This is, honestly, exactly how it read to me.
    Who is this guy? Do you pay this guy to follow your posts and agree with you?

From Auno:
    Ok now you've gone too far random quoting people from auno unmoderated forum? Who are those people and have they ever actually played 220 toon or just talking out the side of the necks? That's desperate to make an argument. It would have been more credible if you said you did it yourself on test server. The shame you have brought your house should make you want to commit seppuku.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Ok now you've gone too far random quoting people from auno unmoderated forum? Who are those people and have they ever actually played 220 toon or just talking out the side of the necks? That's desperate to make an argument. It would have been more credible if you said you did it yourself on test server. The shame you have brought your house should make you want to commit seppuku.

!whois lumpeasy

your an idiot

Total: 130.15s cast, 49 .7s recharge, 33808 nano cost

Then add trimming each bot 3 times.
    LOL you're really grasping at straws here. Good thing it turned back into engi vs MP, though. I was worried the discussion had turned reasonable, but it looks like you still think engis and MP are equal.

MP:
    Evocation of the Reinforced, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost
    Improved Instill With Malign Intent, 4.97s cast, 2.5s recharge, 800 nano cost
    High Chant of Effortless Strikes, 5.38s cast, 1.78s recharge, 504 nano cost
    Healthy Manifestation, 4.97s cast, 2.5s recharge, 800 nano cost x3
    Evocation of the Pure, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1400 nano cost x3
    Evocation of the Empowered, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 1250 nano cost x3
    Evocation of the Enraged, 1s cast, 4s recharge, 800 nano cost
    Touch of Poison, 2s cast, 1s recharge, 454 nano cost
    Master's Bidding, 1s cast, 3s recharge, 3000 nano cost
    Construct Empowerment, 2s cast, 2.5s recharge, 158 nano cost
    Mesmerizing Construct Empowerment, 2s cast, 2.5s recharge, 158 nano cost
    Aggressive Construct Empowerment, 2s cast, 2.5s recharge, 158 nano cost
    Summon The Rihwen, 1s cast, 1s recharge, 60s cooldown, 5200 nano cost
    Calling of Mortificant The Eternal, 1s cast, 1s recharge, 60s cooldown, 5200 nano cost
    Summoning of Yidira, 1s cast, 1s recharge, 60s cooldown, 934 nano cost
    Anticipation of Retaliation, 3.1s cast, 0.5s recharge, 174 nano cost x3
    Composite Mochams (2 Hours), 2s cast, 2.5s recharge, 3600 nano cost x2
    One Mind, One Purpose, 3.34s cast, 4.35s recharge, 448 nano cost x2
    Mocham's Neural Interface-Web, 3.31s cast, 4.25s recharge, 375 nano cost x2
    Total: 71.86s cast, 81.98s recharge, 38,464 nano cost, 60s cooldown on each pet
    179.85s is the total amount of time you take, cast + recharge. 153.84s is the total amount of time I take, cast + recharge. But remember, cast time can be reduced by a LOT with nano init. So let's assume we each have 1k nano init, that's 5s reduced from cast time. Nanos still cap at 1s cast time, but recharge isn't affected. You'd take 75.15s to cast, adding in 49.7s recharge gets us 124.85s. Still a full 2 minutes. I'd take 30s to cast, plus my recharge of 81.98s, coming out to 111.98. You'd spend more time casting, but nano init gives better returns for you. At 1k nano init, you gained an extra 55s, while I only gained an extra 41.86s. And considering you already have over 1k nano init gained just from your setup, it's safe to say I take longer to buff my pets. Especially if you take the extra time to cast your pet shells twice, in which case you'd spend a little bit more time the first go around, but if our pets died and we both went to recast them and all the buffs, would cut out a considerable chunk of time from your routine.

So for nano cost, it seems I use more, but naturally with Web I'm likely to use less. You're a solitus so your nano reduction is capped at 50%, I'm a nanomage, so mine is capped at 55%. Your setup gives you 24% reduction, meaning about 8.1k less. I got 8113.92, so we'll round up to 8114. You'd spend 25,694 nano. My setup gives me 28%, while Web gives me 24%, equaling 52% reduction. That ends up being around 20,001 reduced. So I'd spend 18,463 nano. But honestly, who didn't expect an MP to use less nano?

Crats run around in full css and custom imps, def huds and def perk lines and can self carlo.

MP can run around in full css/ofab deperk nanodoctorate and starfall and self Rihwen.

Eng can not run around in full cc and custom imps, def huds and def perk lines and self Widowmaker.

[Citation Needed]

It takes me a reperk, imp swapping, full cc, dual MR rings, bbq pillow to equip Tro and Peh'wer.

Did you think you were special ? As for Peh' Wer being impossible:
    You're not very good at reading Where did I ever say it was impossible? I said it was more effort than it was worth. As for Engi vs MP for equipping pistols, I'm not the one that can cast EP, and who also gets 85 pistol, 90 burst, 130 fling shot, and 75 multi ranged from research. In fact, I don't get any in those abilities, all I get is 125 AS.

Who is this guy? Do you pay this guy to follow your posts and agree with you?
    Me and Rdord actually disagree a few times. But, you see, there are sometimes just these really clear things that someone, when trying to be sensible, can discern between. It's actually really easy to disagree with the commonly rediculous claims that the people who happen to never PvP (I don't mean, "I PvPed once a month on testlive with some duels between me and a friend to do a 1000 hit test to test how nanodrains work and I once died to a shade on live") always seem to say. So, yeah, I can agree with Rdord a lot. I can also disagree with him a lot (Sort of how I don't think that any pets should ever be instant cast, but he thinks engineers' should), especially when it comes to soldiers.

Being honest and fair, I don't really think people are really being levelheaded in regards to his concern.
    Last edited by wonderland; Apr 20th, 2013 at 08:45:32.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast