Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rihwen and Carlo will no longer be nodrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Even more hilarious, when you been around playing AO as long as I have from froob status pre-NW. I've seen everything and lived and leveled through some of the most brutal periods of AO. Engi's have it so good atm from days past the only people that QQ about anything engi atm are people that have rolled and played endgame engi for less time than AI/LE has been out. Maybe you should do some homework and see how bad engi's had it back in the day.

I am not dismissing the fact that you lucked into a sweet spot time in engi career, just saying the grass isn't always greener on other side and to see the improvements engi's have gotten over time vs other profs that makes them desirable in teams BOTH pvm and pvp you should have very little if anything to QQ about.
    I'll not deny that engineers are way ahead of where they were when I finally subbed to AO, just before LE. That, however, does not discount any of the points I made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

My engineer isn't endgame yet, he's still getting there. He's solitus, with all relevant research completed. He can self cast ALL the engi buffs with no swaps at all except for the 5k AC buff, which he's 7 MM short on, so he swaps in a +75 RAD because it takes .1 seconds

All gear + perks relevant to nanoskills:
    Wearing full alphas.
    Wearing a +70 Nano Controller Unit and a Creator Module (+32).
    Wearing EDB gloves (+35), pants (+22 abilities), Prisoner boots (+25), and 300 OFAB ring (+20).
    Also randomly wearing a Faithful Engineer Sleeve (+12 MM).
    He uses AMEP (+10) and Lust of the Xan.
    He's perked Mechanic 10 and CoNC 4. (not AI30 yet...) Oh and Soli Beta Genome 10 for trickle I guess.

Engis do NOT really require a whole lot of swapping and the parts you do swap take like no time at all... The nanos you cast that actually do require swapping are all long term and can be done long before you're in the heat of battle, and you rarely have to perform them again. Sp I find this swapping whining to be a nonissue.

There is some truth that engineers take a long time to buff, but I find it manageable -- 5 mins tops to get everything ready, but once you've done that you're set for a while. Crats are more tedious with the constant rebuffing of their mechanical pet.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Even more hilarious, when you been around playing AO as long as I have from froob status pre-NW. I've seen everything and lived and leveled through some of the most brutal periods of AO. Engi's have it so good atm from days past the only people that QQ about anything engi atm are people that have rolled and played endgame engi for less time than AI/LE has been out. Maybe you should do some homework and see how bad engi's had it back in the day.

I am not dismissing the fact that you lucked into a sweet spot time in engi career, just saying the grass isn't always greener on other side and to see the improvements engi's have gotten over time vs other profs that makes them desirable in teams BOTH pvm and pvp you should have very little if anything to QQ about.
    Didn't engineers have the brokenly overpowered pet with lightyear runspeed?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    My engineer isn't endgame yet, he's still getting there. He's solitus, with all relevant research completed. He can self cast ALL the engi buffs with no swaps at all except for the 5k AC buff, which he's 7 MM short on, so he swaps in a +75 RAD because it takes .1 seconds

All gear + perks relevant to nanoskills:
    Wearing full alphas.
    Wearing a +70 Nano Controller Unit and a Creator Module (+32).
    Wearing EDB gloves (+35), pants (+22 abilities), Prisoner boots (+25), and 300 OFAB ring (+20).
    Also randomly wearing a Faithful Engineer Sleeve (+12 MM).
    He uses AMEP (+10) and Lust of the Xan.
    He's perked Mechanic 10 and CoNC 4. (not AI30 yet...) Oh and Soli Beta Genome 10 for trickle I guess.

Engis do NOT really require a whole lot of swapping and the parts you do swap take like no time at all... The nanos you cast that actually do require swapping are all long term and can be done long before you're in the heat of battle, and you rarely have to perform them again. Sp I find this swapping whining to be a nonissue.

There is some truth that engineers take a long time to buff, but I find it manageable -- 5 mins tops to get everything ready, but once you've done that you're set for a while. Crats are more tedious with the constant rebuffing of their mechanical pet.
    and your NCU, EDB gloves, and prisoner boots add zero to your combat abilities... which was the point i made. running around like that is fine for farming adonis dynas or running inferno missions, not so much if you are looking to get the most out of your prof. ( not knocking your setup, I used similar for a while)

And it seriously doesn't bother you that it takes the equivalent amount of time for you to be ready to fight that it does some profs to hit reclaim, go though rez sickness and be back in the fight?
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    A. An engineer still has to swap unless you want to run around in equipment that does zero for you in a combat situation.
    Ya man, that 0.1s of swap time sure is rough!

B. It still takes a ridiculous amount of time to get combat ready for an engineer. I don't care how long it takes metas to buff. If it does take that long perhaps you should be asking for a reduction in cast/recharge times yourself.
    Why? We know that buffing doesn't happen often enough to make those reductions worth it. We'd rather ask for things that are actually useful to us instead of whining about everything like engineers lately.

C. metas are capable of the most epic levels of whine ever seen in AO.
    Says the engineer who didn't sub until post-AI.

everything you've proposed that "proves" those points wrong results in a toon that is sub par in both pvp and pvm
    You know, that was said when I last attempted to make a setup for engis where they could self-cast everything in a combat-oriented setup post-balance. I never did get any reasons why it was allegedly subpar. Guess that's just an engineer's last line of defense. "That setup is subpar. You can't see why? lolneithercani"

perhaps you should actually PLAY the game every once in a while. I realize forum pvp is cool and all but some of us actually get experience in the game. ciao baby!
    Perhaps you should be intelligent enough to realize that literally nothing has changed ingame since the last time I played. Why should I play when I already can exhibit so much more knowledge than your "experience" grants you? Perhaps you should be the one that actually plays the game and starts learning about the game and it's systems before trying to pass yourself off as an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    .... massive piles of the same old drivel...

As for why everyone told your your so called "setup" was sub par, do you have a 220 engineer? Have you tried all the drivel you keep spouting? Or is this just an exercise in paper pvp by a has-been who no longer plays?

Or is this just an exercise in paper pvp by a has-been who no longer plays?
    Them's fighting words.

I wouldnt mind taking a crack at ya? /duel? What's your toon name?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

As for why everyone told your your so called "setup" was sub par, do you have a 220 engineer? Have you tried all the drivel you keep spouting? Or is this just an exercise in paper pvp by a has-been who no longer plays?
    My so called "setup" is a copy of other engineers' setups, changing 1 or 2 items to fix every problem they complain about. Apparently every single pistol engineer is using a subpar setup, and I'm sure that includes you as well. I mean heck, you're not even AI30. Are you at least LE70, or are you just trying to talk tough like the big boy engineers that you look up to? How about posting your setup, so we can see what position you're actually able to talk from? Or I suppose we could try the whole "LOLIALREADYPOSTEDALLABOUTMYSETUPLEARNTOREAD" again that I so thoroughly demolished earlier.

TL;DR: QQ more, your noob tears are delicious.

Ya man, that 0.1s of swap time sure is rough!
    ...err what? An engineer PVP setup will be using VE/ELLTS, meaning a minimum of 21.6s/23s swapping just that one slot on and off...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    ...err what? An engineer PVP setup will be using VE/ELLTS, meaning a minimum of 21.6s/23s swapping just that one slot on and off...
    Good job reading the thread! An engineer PvP setup will also need even more swaps because they give up nanoskills in Eye and Right Hand symbs. We were on the subject of engineers in general, not engineers who knowingly make sacrifices and then complain about it like Rdord.

I thought we were on the subject of imaginary atrox engineers with full alpha symbiants and not enough AS skill to get 11s on their troaler
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

and your NCU, EDB gloves, and prisoner boots add zero to your combat abilities... which was the point i made. running around like that is fine for farming adonis dynas or running inferno missions, not so much if you are looking to get the most out of your prof. ( not knocking your setup, I used similar for a while)

And it seriously doesn't bother you that it takes the equivalent amount of time for you to be ready to fight that it does some profs to hit reclaim, go though rez sickness and be back in the fight?
    First of all, you're utterly wrong about EDB gloves/prisoner boots adding zero to combat abilities.

The Nano Controller Unit and EDB armor have like instant swap time. Just leave AI3 perked to swap out your CC armor when you need to, problem solved. In the end, all you're giving up is a bit of nano feast damage and Bot Containment special for better weapon + AS damage.

And no, it really doesn't bother me, because the only tl7 pvp I normally do is on fixer and I can't cast all his crap until he's practically fully rezzed, so I've grown accustomed to not playing any other way, unless I have to rush, in which case I know I'm gonna be gimp.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

gimp.
    Lies.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I thought we were on the subject of imaginary atrox engineers with full alpha symbiants and not enough AS skill to get 11s on their troaler
    The trox was simply to show the race with the lowest nanoskills being able to cast these buffs. I should have changed the pistols in that setup to engi pistols for more MC/TS, but I was too lazy.

First of all, you're utterly wrong about EDB gloves/prisoner boots adding zero to combat abilities.
    This.

10% GTH Resistance is more then powerful and viable. I wear these boots on atleast 3 of my finished chars over any alien or OFAB armor. And I do this for a reason.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

All right, the personal insults need to come to a screeching halt. Clean up the conversation before I come back and do it for you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    All right, the personal insults need to come to a screeching halt. Clean up the conversation before I come back and do it for you.
    Ana always has to ruin our fun

Ana always has to ruin our fun
    I don't know what purpose I would have in life if I didn't.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I don't know what purpose I would have in life if I didn't.
    You'd find a similar purpose elsewhere i'm sure.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Well, it's always been like this. Engies requesting lower nano reqs on things because X happened, and MPs complaining that it shouldn't happen until at least Y happens. Y happens, Engis start requesting it again, new MPs show up to complain that Z should happen before Engies get what they want. Z happens... And so on.

But hey, we've come a long way with ITEMIZATION. Back in the day I'd surmise it was completely impossible to cast the Widowmaker without mochies and a wrangle, now you can cast it with a ton of stuff on (not GoA or the DB nanos, though). Nowadays you have such comforts for an SL only toon as the DB chest, boots, covering, gloves, the two nano enhancers, Alappaa pad, upgraded Reanim cloak, increased symb range due to new items, Alb bracer(s), used to even have the DB bracer but not anymore. The Phulaks, Helmet of Hypocrisy, TNH belt and such didn't even bring you close alone.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast