Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Monthly Development Update.
    Only reason why i read the forums these days. Hoping for new content, hoping for new graphic overhaul..

Which saddens me as we are closing in on two months without information. Unless my calender is wrong and May comes after February..
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

I think the next announcement is to have updates posted in months beginning with the letter "S".
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Hopefully Morteia can make communication things happen Glad to have her back.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

In the past we have been encouraged to report Bugs related to the Live servers, but especially Bugs we notice related to patches out on Test Live.

Generally we do not get any feedback for these reported Bugs, not even a confirmation of whether or not they are viewed as a Bug. We only receive a reply if the Dev working on the issue needs more information. If we ask too many questions we get accused of spamming. We used to be able to tell that the report was being viewed at least, but now the forums do not register views, only posts in the "count".

Morteia, Perhaps you could develop/suggest a method of registering the status of reported Bugs for Test Live at least. I am sure there is an internal document available that you could draw from. I completely understand there is not time to reply to all the reports individually, but a summary status would give those of us who report Test Live bugs some feedback and would perhaps reduce the number of duplicate reports.

Kinnik

I've had responses to all the bug reports i've made; even if it's just a "thankyou, recieved".

Still a good idea though.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    I've had responses to all the bug reports i've made; even if it's just a "thankyou, recieved".

Still a good idea though.
    I have been specifically told that they don't have time for that anymore, that I should not expect a response unless they need more information.

Kinnik

Funcom employee

Okay, time to clear up this misinformation.

Kinnikinnick, you were told to not 'spam' because you created multiple replies to a thread within a small timeframe.
    You were not told your bug reports were considered spam.

Your report was in fact acknowledged as received by requesting for additional information.

You weren't told we wouldn't acknowledge your bug.
    You were told the devs have no time to follow up on the state of your bug and report whether it has been fixed.
    I really hope you can understand there's a difference in following up on bugs with every individual person that reported one.
    It would be very time consuming to do so.

As for acknowledging bugs; Bug Hunters, when they have time, verify and process bug reports when the devs don't pick them up directly.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I have received replies to most reports I made. Dunno why you would go out of your way to say that bug reports are considered spam etc., but then the user's history taken into account makes som sense of it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Okay, time to clear up this misinformation.

Kinnikinnick, you were told to not 'spam' because you created multiple replies to a thread within a small timeframe.
    You were not told your bug reports were considered spam.

Your report was in fact acknowledged as received by requesting for additional information.

You weren't told we wouldn't acknowledge your bug.
    You were told the devs have no time to follow up on the state of your bug and report whether it has been fixed.
    I really hope you can understand there's a difference in following up on bugs with every individual person that reported one.
    It would be very time consuming to do so.

As for acknowledging bugs; Bug Hunters, when they have time, verify and process bug reports when the devs don't pick them up directly.
    Well I guess I have had a different experience with bug reports than most ... over the past 12 months I have posted 20 bug reports and had only 3 acknowledged or replied to by a Funcom Dev or Bughunter including the one you are referring to above.

I am sorry you thought I was saying that I was told bug reports were spam, that was not my intent at all ... I guess my comment about too many questions that got me scolded for spamming is what you are referring to ... I should have said if you ask too many questions about a particular bug report you get scolded for spamming.

Please don't abuse this board by spamming it.
    *snip*
    We generally don't follow up on the state of bugs with those that have reported it, as this is simply too time consuming.
    I was told you don't follow-up on the status of bugs because it is too time consuming ...

So I suggested in this thread that maybe a status page of known or reported issues on Test-Live might be useful.

Kinnik

Edit: I knew I had seen a comment somewhere about generally only replying to bug reports when more info was needed ... I found the comment and added it below. This comment was another reason to suggest a Test-Live Bug report summary/status page to give feedback and help reduce duplicate reports.

From this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605056

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Tyvm, reported there already but had not seen any response so making sure there wasn't an additional place to report.
    We don't reply to each bug report.
    Generally replies are to get additional information.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Apr 20th, 2013 at 18:47:25. Reason: add'l info

Well guess I am in a a minority as well. I have rarely received any acknowledgement of a bug (not counting a request for more information). Usually they sit there and when asked, I have been told that bug reports are not responded to unless the dev. wants more information. So kinda figure it is another black hole. Even further, I also never received any "reward" even after porviding the data. The only recent feedback I received is that the devs were aware of the problem, but of course it was not on any summary I could find. There is no closure of any bug thread, nothing. So yeah that is why we ask and get goaded for asking what is going on. If a bug is important enough for someone to post, it is important enough to close, even if the closure is that it has been added to a list of known problems, is not a bug, or some other standard response. It would also help oif knownw bugs/problems were actually put on the published list, but then again some of the bugs could be seen as exploits. Complicated but maybe avoidable if wordsmithed well.
    Last edited by Deemure; Apr 20th, 2013 at 19:11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Well I guess I have had a different experience with bug reports than most ... over the past 12 months I have posted 20 bug reports and had only 3 acknowledged or replied to by a Funcom Dev or Bughunter including the one you are referring to above.
    Actually, you have 25 reports that are listed as closed. Of those, only one of them wasn't responded to, because it was a repost of something you had already reported.

The other section of bug reports isn't easily searchable, but a quick glance of the first three pages shows at least five of yours with responses, and the ones that aren't responded to are in no higher percentage than anyone else's in the same timeframe.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Actually, you have 25 reports that are listed as closed. Of those, only one of them wasn't responded to, because it was a repost of something you had already reported.

The other section of bug reports isn't easily searchable, but a quick glance of the first three pages shows at least five of yours with responses, and the ones that aren't responded to are in no higher percentage than anyone else's in the same timeframe.
    I don't know what list you have access to ... the one I can see has only 20 bug reports as I mentioned above. Maybe you can see older ones that I can not see, or closed ones?

I re-opened each one and I did miss the response on the One closed report in the list. So that makes 4 out of 20 responded to since June of last year.

I will PM you the list I can see. There are still only 20 listed.

Kinnik

Welcome aboard Morteia!!

It will be nice to see your ideas in action once you have a chance to get things a bit more settled.

Aoife

I don't know what list you have access to ... the one I can see has only 20 bug reports as I mentioned above. Maybe you can see older ones that I can not see, or closed ones?

I re-opened each one and I did miss the response on the One closed report in the list. So that makes 4 out of 20 responded to since June of last year.

Kinnik
    So a response to 20-25% of your bugreports? Sounds pretty good to me.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Kinnik
    Stop bothering funcom and let em work on fixing the bugs.
    Its great that you report the bugs you find.
    If you require a medal for it, I can make you one.

Edit: And yes! Welcome aboard Morteia
    Last edited by Iaitoo; Apr 22nd, 2013 at 12:13:03.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Stop bothering funcom and let em work on fixing the bugs.
    Its great that you report the bugs you find.
    If you require a medal for it, I can make you one.
    +1

And welcome aboard Morteia

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So a response to 20-25% of your bugreports? Sounds pretty good to me.
    Apparently, according to the posts above, I have 45 Bug reports since the Bug report forum was started (?) ... 25 of which have been closed and removed from the Bug Report forum by the Bughunters or others (?) plus the 20 I can still see, so I guess those 20 are still considered Open even though one of the 20 is "closed" to any further comments. Four of the 20 have comments, one of the 4 has more than one comment. So my bug reports, over time, have had 28 or 29 commented on ... more than 50%. I think that is a great response rate even if I have no way of seeing all of them anymore or knowing which or what the comments were unless I had had the forethought to keep an offline record of them.

So forgive me for not knowing I had to keep an offline record of all my reports and the comments made on them. I made my posts above based only on the reports that are still open/available on the bug report forums for me to see. I have not kept track of bug reports that disappear from the forum.

For those that have suggested I leave FC alone and let them fix the bugs ... My original suggestion that started all this was meant to be a way to make things easier for FC bug-fixers, not harder. Plus FC encourages us to report bugs, they reward us for reporting bugs.

Kinnik

me sharp his claws and ask how long did Funcom like to decompose AO like slumlords ?
    or so miserable as I see it, it is not ?

reply here into Community Corner with a post and please not longer patchwork answers at
    countless created player posts in the entire forum.
    i feel like grains pecking duck to get a meaningless overview.

cheers
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast