Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Funcom employee Hello Everyone!

It's a pleasure to be able to say "Hello" again. Some of you may know me from the TSW forums as the TSW Community Manager, and that's where most of my focus was before the restructure. Actually, about a month ago, I was laid off due to the restructure, but that's not the point.

The point is that I'm back, baby, and ready to help serve all of our communities to the fullest! If you have feedback, problems, anything you need help with, feel free to send me a PM, or poke me on any of my social media channels (you can find them in my signature). I'm going to be working closely with Joel and company to create a great atmosphere for our players.

I also encourage/love in-game events (I'm looking at you GSP ), so if you have an awesome event planned and need the word spread (or maybe even a few fun prizes), feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to work with you!

So, what kind of cool stuff do you guys want to see on the forums? I currently run a "Your Voice" thing over on the TSW forums where players can ask questions and I send those questions off to developers each month. Would you guys like something like that? I'm open to suggestions and am willing to work with you all to get you the things you want and need.

I hope to talk with a lot of you and get to know you better! See you around!

~Morteia
    Last edited by Morteia; Apr 9th, 2013 at 19:01:59.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time nanobot
    Tweetin' About the Anarchy
    The Book of Many Faces
    Everyday I'm Google-in'

Hi, Morteia!

/me is looking at your signature...

I will be posting later on about event that many would like to see (engineers especially).
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Welcome aboard the AO Ship. I hope this is the beginning of a great friendship between us (the community) and you.

On a side note, i hope you bring us news from the game development part also, not just the Event activities. we're kinda lacking a PR person to bring us news.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Welcome (again)!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Bringing some life back into the game from FC's end will be a absolute boon, I really hope you guys also dig back in to the LORE of the game that made it great so many years ago, continue it forward! Write a new chapter!

Is it up to the players to do this? There have been many awesome ideas through the "suggestion" forums over the years and even when contact was made from FC on some of these ideas they never made it into the game, we've told you over and over what issues are important to us.

Ingame events don't mean squat to anyone outside the immediate group. The aliens raids are nice and the loot is cool from random Kyr'Ozch attacks at different places on RK or in RK cities, but the fact is that should be happening REGULARLY! We are a planet under assault, instead it seems like we get some random vacationing aliens who aren't prepared to invade a Bronto Burger stand. If it doesn't work towards something game/story related it's just fluff and we've had our share of fluff since what '06-'07?

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=604018 keep those coming, who the hell cares what questions we ask, we have no clue what's relevant to ask.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    /me is looking at your signature...
    Fixed that by the way! Forgot there was a checkbox for that. Herp derp.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time nanobot
    Tweetin' About the Anarchy
    The Book of Many Faces
    Everyday I'm Google-in'

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    Ingame events don't mean squat to anyone outside the immediate group.
    I have to strongly disagree with you given recent events, if in game events didnt mean squat to anyone then we would not have recently filled to capacity and nearly crashed the ICC. I will gladly provide picture evidence.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Ingame events are always nice. I still remember a kind of private event when I and some friends were clashing in the Tir arena and a GM spawned some mobs and fireworks...at 3 a.m.
    special stuff like that is what stays in the memory, so yay for events :-)

also: Developer Q&As are also always appreciated. The community is much more forgiving about long, long......long delays as long as there seems to be progress (like post some screenshots, wether or not they show groundbraking new stuff or just some everyday shinies).

welcome to AO!
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Welcome aboard, hope it's a long ride. I assume you are going to be the Community Manager for all three MMO's now?

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    I have to strongly disagree with you given recent events, if in game events didnt mean squat to anyone then we would not have recently filled to capacity and nearly crashed the ICC. I will gladly provide picture evidence.
    And how did the effect the game over all?
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

We want monthly updates please.
    Can you provide that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    And how did the effect the game over all?
    To understand the answer to this question i first need you to undersand that there is more to an MMO then sheer machanics. In order to truely get a good gamegoing you need to have a good community, these are players that are able to get along and respect each other for far more then just epeen, but be able to build friendships with each other. In game events allow players to get together, and create hese bonds, and have fun at levels you just cant experiance with the machanics, now dont get me wrong content is very important, but it is repetative, and if its the only reason to play most people wont play past their first year, so yes in game events are impotant, and although maybe not your cup of tea we havnt elected you our official spokespersn yet.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Welcome back!

Since your title is Funcom Community Manager... does that mean that you're now leading the community management for all of the Funcom titles? Or just a sub-set? Or just AO/TSW? Perhaps you could tell us a little about what your new responsibilities are?

I'm sure that the Professionals would be interested in your "Your Voice" idea from the TSW forums. Many years ago, when I was a professional myself, we actually had a similar kind of monthly system here in the AO forums, that worked through the Professionals. I'm sure it would be nice to have some kind of responses from the developers from time to time, however it's achieved.

I think that the first question would probably be something along the lines of "What's going to happen to the System Changes (aka the Balance Changes), now that the development teams have merged?". We did get a statement that the Engine and the NPE are still very much in the works (though the schedule for that certainly seems to have slipped). In the February update, Ilalyia mentioned that Joel would be taking over the monthly updates... but that too is a little late now.

I guess that it's understandable that these things slip a bit with all of the upheavals in the restructuring... but nothing helps to settle a community more than a bit of active communication. Even when there's not a huge amount to say.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Oh and... could you activate Personal Messaging on your account?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

....welcome aboard. Heres to a new era in communication between community and you guys.

Monthly update would be a tremendous start. Fankoo pleeze.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Welcome aboard! It will be nice to see coordinated events and someone to get answers to questions ...

However, who will give the monthly update on projects, transition to NC, etc.

Kinnik

Welcome to the AO Community, wear a helmet.

First, I think as CM you've just made a mistake, by stating that FC pretty much fired you... then decided to re-hire you because they made a mistake (again).

So that part, does not give me any more (probably less) confidence in the company as a whole.

I wish you the best of luck, we've been waiting for years on promises and a lot of us vets are either tired and have quit or decided to take a very long break until some of them are delivered.

You job will be tough and easy. Tough because there is a lot of bitterness within the community due to the promises I mentioned. Easy because... the community is pretty much repeating the same complains and suggestions to improve the game for years, so it should be easy to figure that out (forum search).

I hope you will help rebuild the bridge between the AO Community and Funcom (as a company - we pretty much either like or respect the AO Devs, the suits... not at all).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Hai Morteia
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Give a few players the ability and permission to start city attacks, unique encounters etc. Advertise this stuff in the proper forums (Life on Rubi-Ka, not that dead RP subsection) and give it a proper thread title, not an ambiguous one.

At this stage the game is practically dead RP and Lore wise. They certainly can't make it worse.

And if you give it to the right people, can probably make it better.

Make a list of items they can have on bosses, ql 300-400 oddities, miy's armour, social items etc.

Basically give them a stripped down GM account.

Ensure they can't abuse the power by logging what they spawn and where.

Give it to enough that we can have daily RP events.

With this done, you can then forcefully move all parties and gatherings to the nightclub they spent an entire patch series working on because a vocal minority of level 150 neutrals in bad social armour wanted it.

This way, regular players aren't inconvenienced (one poster in this thread is bragging that they nearly crashed a zone, a bannable offence if you did it for pvp or pvm reasons) while also benefiting from fun events to join in on.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

A monthly "ask the devs" thread, with players posting questions, and you picking a good portion to answer and then posting those answers with the questions, is a good idea that's also quite popular elsewhere.

For instance here's some inspiration for what I mean.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast