Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XP from TestLive

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...emplate=iframe

Not sure what more you want than that.
    history would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    I assume this wasnt directed at me? Cause i never said anything about cru.

I said that in addition to relays dropping from gens they also increased the droprate of relays from normal s10 aliens?
    Actually, I have no idea who it was directed at. Yes, they have upped the Droprate, added a chance for a relay to drop from the general, and my favourite part is the CRU; when you fix it, it's stackable and 50% each. And an ICE from each kill; so now it's 200% CRU from each Relay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...emplate=iframe

Not sure what more you want than that.
    That's neat. Didn't see that there. Thank you
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    Well these are great news Ten years later FC is figuring out that SL messed up the game, kudos.
    However, why apply it only to the specified dungeons? It's really silly. I'd like to go back to Shade camps, Lush Fields, etc. I bet a few old schoolers would like that too, since it's what we know. SL got boring, period.

Oh, and also, stop trying to concentrate the whole population into one or two areas, seriously. This game is vast and rich in territories. Give people more stuff to do than crap SL missions and these three or four dungeons, which is basically what I wrote up there.

Oh, and hey.

EDIT: Jesuschrist, Funcom. When are you going to use your own databases to check characters? Is Auno getting paid for that at least? Outsourcing that is plain stupid.
    Popular dungeons give the appearance of an active MMO. This encourages players to play because they feel they are not playing a dead game. Those dungeons generate new instances upon reaching a certain population size as well, so players will not necessarily be "cramped" into a single dungeon at a time.

Honestly, it's no different than how most MMO's operate. You have a particular place you level, and once you are high enough you move on to the next area. The only key difference is that you usually have missions available there, which only foremans/biomare does in AO.

Killing outdoor mobs is still possible, it's just going to be a certain trade-off for doing so.

Outdoor mobs mean:

Chance for dyna kills and rare loot (which offer good xp as well)
    Low competition for kills
    Lower XP but rare loot is possible
    The capability to kite and kill multiple mobs at once
    The capability of having assistance from a higher level player
    Locations with instant mob respawn rates and a faster rate of xp farming

Boosting the XP of mobs around dyna camps and the dyna bosses themselves could be a good idea, but the main problem with matching outdoor and dungeon XP is that players will simply get themselves kited and the dungeons will be abandoned. We don't want that to happen. If only a few spots are given increased XP gains in outdoor locations then you may have too much competition for those spots.

In the end it is not as simple as "boost XP everywhere" and small changes can result in several problems.

Gotta say this is the best AO news i have heard in ages. Levelling an alt in RK is going to be fun again!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Where are you getting the information that the droprate on relays has increased? It has never been 3-4 per hour unless you got extremely lucky.

Sounds more like a way to trick people into selling their relays to me! :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

It would be rather appropriate to buff the XP rewards on catacomb mobs, seeing as those things have huge HP, are often rather nasty to deal with and have probably the worst XP/effort ratio ever.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    It would be rather appropriate to buff the XP rewards on catacomb mobs, seeing as those things have huge HP, are often rather nasty to deal with and have probably the worst XP/effort ratio ever.
    That is a good idea. Those mobs have a chance for some nice loot to so encouraging players to level there with teams would be nice and challenging even.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Where are you getting the information that the droprate on relays has increased? It has never been 3-4 per hour unless you got extremely lucky.

Sounds more like a way to trick people into selling their relays to me! :P
    Yes actually it did used to be 3-4 an hour, at least on my ma. I regularly got 3-4 an hour before they removed bounties.

And as for the current change, you can test it yourself ya know :P

I personally went on test and killed s10 aliens for a half hour and got 3 relays. Granted 2 were right next to each other so that was just luck so i doubt its 6 an hour. But probably around the 3-5 an hour range or at least what it was pre nerf.

+1 Yes please.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yes actually it did used to be 3-4 an hour, at least on my ma. I regularly got 3-4 an hour before they removed bounties.

And as for the current change, you can test it yourself ya know :P

I personally went on test and killed s10 aliens for a half hour and got 3 relays. Granted 2 were right next to each other so that was just luck so i doubt its 6 an hour. But probably around the 3-5 an hour range or at least what it was pre nerf.
    No. Even if your MA is in the highest possible DD setup you won't be able to regularly get 3-4 relays per hour. I can't even count the 1000's of kills I have done with my DD setup characters in there and neither has gotten that kind of droprate (while it has happened, but not regularly). By avarage the amount seems to be the same now, as in aprox one per 100 kills. That would mean that you're killing at least 5 aliens per minute at all times to regularly reach a 3 per hour ratio.

A 30 minute test equals about as much as one person winning the lottery.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg

People are terrible with statistics and probability on these forums lol.

No. Even if your MA is in the highest possible DD setup you won't be able to regularly get 3-4 relays per hour. I can't even count the 1000's of kills I have done with my DD setup characters in there and neither has gotten that kind of droprate (while it has happened, but not regularly). By avarage the amount seems to be the same now, as in aprox one per 100 kills. That would mean that you're killing at least 5 aliens per minute at all times to regularly reach a 3 per hour ratio.

A 30 minute test equals about as much as one person winning the lottery.
    Can you not read? I said 3-4 an hour pre bounty nerf. As in over a year ago. And then i was comparing that to the droprate that ive tested somewhat on test. I never once used these figures in the current live droprate.

And again since your reading comprehension fails i said that the 3 i got in 30 mins wasnt necessarily 100% indicitive of the new droprate. But it does give a rough approximation that it is much better than current and equal if not better to what the droprate was over a year ago before the nerf.

Lovely repeating myself. Ya try to give out info on these forums and look what ya get...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    People are terrible with statistics and probability on these forums lol.
    Read above, wasnt giving statistics, just approximates.....

So back on track, this patch would likely get me back ingame, at least as a froob.

Can you not read? I said 3-4 an hour pre bounty nerf. As in over a year ago. And then i was comparing that to the droprate that ive tested somewhat on test. I never once used these figures in the current live droprate.

And again since your reading comprehension fails i said that the 3 i got in 30 mins wasnt necessarily 100% indicitive of the new droprate. But it does give a rough approximation that it is much better than current and equal if not better to what the droprate was over a year ago before the nerf.

Lovely repeating myself. Ya try to give out info on these forums and look what ya get...
    Everything in my post was directed at the time when bounties still dropped.

I just went into S10 on live, got a relay on second kill, hence the droprate must be 50%!

Rafeg

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    Well these are great news Ten years later FC is figuring out that SL messed up the game, kudos.
    However, why apply it only to the specified dungeons? It's really silly. I'd like to go back to Shade camps, Lush Fields, etc. I bet a few old schoolers would like that too, since it's what we know. SL got boring, period.
    Indeed. But I believe the plan is for a lot of RK to be brought up to speed more for it to make more sense for subscribers and froobs to play together.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Everything in my post was directed at the time when bounties still dropped.

I just went into S10 on live, got a relay on second kill, hence the droprate must be 50%!
    Yes, because your example so elegantly depicts my point...

3 in 30 mins vs 1 an hour on live, and often less then that is definitely proof that something has changed. Add to that every one ive talked to on test and yes it has changed. It's fact, go check for yourself if you like.

Either way i tested for my own purposes and only brought it up on the forums to give out my own experience/info to be helpful. Not to argue with you whether what i say is fact or not (which it is, not what the statistics are just simply that the droprate has indeed been increased). If you dont want to believe that fine whatever. Was just letting the info out dont want to go back and forth.

Now, over please...
    Last edited by adeptall; Apr 17th, 2013 at 11:15:27.

Yes, because your example so elegantly depicts my point...

3 in 30 mins vs 1 an hour on live, and often less then that is definitely proof that something has changed. Add to that every one ive talked to on test and yes it has changed. It's fact, go check for yourself if you like.

Either way i tested for my own purposes and only brought it up on the forums to give out my own experience/info to be helpful. Not to argue with you whether what i say is fact or not (which it is, not what the statistics are just simply that the droprate has indeed been increased). If you dont want to believe that fine whatever. Was just letting the info out dont want to go back and forth.

Now, over please...
    I'll believe it once you have clocked several hours of it. You are claiming that the droprate has been increased based on a 30 minute scenario, had you done several hours of it with the same results then I would have believed it. But I can't see this as anything else than speculation. Without proof a theory is just a theory, and a theory is not facts. I don't mind if you think it is, but don't go around saying things people may believe and act stupid over.

Until proof has been given it should be regarded as a theory.

Rafeg

Read above, wasnt giving statistics, just approximates.....
    no, a 30 minute spell which gave you 3 relays isn't a indication of anything but your luck in those 30 minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast