Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: XP from TestLive

Rate of relay drops is likely around .1% or so, since FC seems to enjoy using values at such a low level.

Saying "3 in 30 minutes" also does not say much. The loot is not dependant on the time you are there, rather the speed in which you kill mobs. If you take a doctor into s10 you will certainly not expect to kill as often as an MA.

It's not actually hard to make an appropriate drop rate, but there is a variable you have to check as well. First, see which mobs are actually dropping the relays, and determine whether the stronger "type 2" mobs are dropping them more often or even the only mobs dropping them. While doing that, you simply have to count how many aliens you are killing (easily done by using your invader kill count) and then compare that to how many relays you have. A good number of kills would be 1000, but 2000 should be relatively safe if every mob can drop relays at an equal rate.

Number of relays / number of kills ~ droprate

Simple enough.

Currently, im at 1000 kills in s10 on the live server (calculated using my invader count)

I got 12 relays out of this. They dropped off of all kind of mobs except larvas and vectors. However, i didnt have the chance to kill the higher lvled mobs to see if their droprate is higher.
    Next time that i go in there ill note the name of the alien that drop the relay in case there is a certain type that drop em more often.
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Rate of relay drops is likely around .1% or so, since FC seems to enjoy using values at such a low level.

Saying "3 in 30 minutes" also does not say much. The loot is not dependant on the time you are there, rather the speed in which you kill mobs. If you take a doctor into s10 you will certainly not expect to kill as often as an MA.

It's not actually hard to make an appropriate drop rate, but there is a variable you have to check as well. First, see which mobs are actually dropping the relays, and determine whether the stronger "type 2" mobs are dropping them more often or even the only mobs dropping them. While doing that, you simply have to count how many aliens you are killing (easily done by using your invader kill count) and then compare that to how many relays you have. A good number of kills would be 1000, but 2000 should be relatively safe if every mob can drop relays at an equal rate.

Number of relays / number of kills ~ droprate

Simple enough.
    ouchie! me ATROX...HEAD hurts /quoting that..ME JUST KILL/KILL/KILL MOBS TILL IT DROPS..SIMPLER ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Indeed. But I believe the plan is for a lot of RK to be brought up to speed more for it to make more sense for subscribers and froobs to play together.
    Everything in AO goes in cycles. It starts off hard for the extreme twink players then it eases up for more casual players. This rk xp thing was a long time in comming. I relish the thought of doing rk missions (dungeons) with froob org mates more often.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I'll believe it once you have clocked several hours of it. You are claiming that the droprate has been increased based on a 30 minute scenario, had you done several hours of it with the same results then I would have believed it. But I can't see this as anything else than speculation. Without proof a theory is just a theory, and a theory is not facts. I don't mind if you think it is, but don't go around saying things people may believe and act stupid over.

Until proof has been given it should be regarded as a theory.
    Between my test and everyone i talked to on test that said themselves its definitely increased.

But fine if you dont want to believe me dont then lol. I'm not here to do extensive tests for anyone. I was merely relaying my own personal info. Ill remember not to try to help on these forums anymore, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Indeed. But I believe the plan is for a lot of RK to be brought up to speed more for it to make more sense for subscribers and froobs to play together.
    Exactly my point, Masta. Applying these changes only to dungeons makes sense, yes, but it would make more sense if people got the chance to decide if they wanna hunt outdoors or do boring runs in dungeons. Just saying. Oh and missions, which were always the most awesome leveling experience ever.

EDIT: If someone told me that the plan is to bump up the XP gain of ALL of RK after they do it in these dungeons, I'd shut up.
    Last edited by User1337; Apr 18th, 2013 at 21:07:55.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Although it would be good to boost outdoor xp on rk. You must consider the detrimental effect
    of it aswell. Which is that more people will just ost/kite on rk whoch defeats the purpose of trying to promote more team cohesion/improve community interaction.

Making it only apply to dungeons, most of which are level locked knocks the problem of pocket plvling on the head. As the xp will be somewhat competitive to aoeing nasc/ely hecks on sl and the numerous rk pocket spots which already exist.

I'd 100% back you up on improving outdoor xp if they stopped pocketing altogether. No more doc/enf/adv osting for teams... It does get extremely boring sitting afk or spamming ve/kels every 5 mins or hitting that xp perk. But unfortunately not many teams run anymore in the 1-160 range, dependant on your timezone.

That's the player effect, mostly... People just don't have the same mindset that was previously prevalent in MMOs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Duc-Esteban View Post
    Currently, im at 1000 kills in s10 on the live server (calculated using my invader count)

I got 12 relays out of this. They dropped off of all kind of mobs except larvas and vectors. However, i didnt have the chance to kill the higher lvled mobs to see if their droprate is higher.
    Next time that i go in there ill note the name of the alien that drop the relay in case there is a certain type that drop em more often.
    I don't recall seeing relays off any of the quest mobs. That is: Larvae, Vector, General, Medic and Comm Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I relish the thought of doing rk missions (dungeons) with froob org mates more often.
    You mustn't think much of your friends if your only reason for teaming with them on RK is because you get more XP.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by tholly View Post
    Although it would be good to boost outdoor xp on rk. You must consider the detrimental effect
    of it aswell. Which is that more people will just ost/kite on rk whoch defeats the purpose of trying to promote more team cohesion/improve community interaction.

Making it only apply to dungeons, most of which are level locked knocks the problem of pocket plvling on the head. As the xp will be somewhat competitive to aoeing nasc/ely hecks on sl and the numerous rk pocket spots which already exist.

I'd 100% back you up on improving outdoor xp if they stopped pocketing altogether. No more doc/enf/adv osting for teams... It does get extremely boring sitting afk or spamming ve/kels every 5 mins or hitting that xp perk. But unfortunately not many teams run anymore in the 1-160 range, dependant on your timezone.
    You know, they could just boost up the exp reward for completing a RK mission to promote more RK leveling and teaming. Does not have to be mobs alone ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arraris View Post
    You know, they could just boost up the exp reward for completing a RK mission to promote more RK leveling and teaming. Does not have to be mobs alone ^^
    Boss mobs in missions reward boost, I could vote for that.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    ..... As a side note, you can apparently warp from borealis directly to smugglers den now so be sure to take advantage of it.

Thanks Michi

where exactly is the place to warp? from the reference of Borealis' Grid/Whompah to Jobe/Whompah next to Juggernaut (well know RK land marks of Borealis)
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

If it's still the same, standing in front of and facing the Bor Jobe Wompah. Door immediately to the left of it and you.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Has the XP in the RK missions been changed at all?
    Biggreens
    Biggdoc - ex 150-twink
    Daftz
    Noob
    Stuffedlove - ex 174 twink
    Kjempefjert
    Zouri - Ex 150 twink (Now kiting my noobs..)
    Sootwink
    Sootwink2

Bump to increase XP rate in RK Missions too! I've always preferred those to other leveling methods that have come over the years, and would like them to be an efficient use of my time again.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

RK missions

I've missed running RK missions, they were always way more interesting then sl was when it came to enjoyably.

So bump for an increase in RK mission xp

Mrg
    Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars and I thought
    "Where the hell is the ceiling?"

Video Tutorial: How_to_behave_on_a_forum

AO on Linux - by Macrosun

Arcanum // Becoming a Tester // Auno

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456