Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: for how loong does funcom think we can play without changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Honestly I thought silverback was a bad idea. I also thought tigress was bad idea. Although I can see why they exist. Neither of those profs have much pvp kill power even at 220.
    Then you must see why AS pistol exists, even if you think it's a bad idea for the same reasons. Like I said, AS on everything sucks but AO has been like that for a long time now and you aren't going to fix it by simply removing AS weapons from the game and creating a second class of PVP professions without access to supported PVP weapons and perks like everyone else has. AS needs a fix and other parts of AS users toolsets need a boost before you can ween people off AS in PVP.

The Tro pistol has made endgame pvp in AO = A-imedshot O-nly. That really sucks, no more strategy or skill, just twink on scope and HD.
    AO was that before the TRO, long before it. Even before FC were telling people what their preferred weapons were with perklines.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 8th, 2013 at 22:03:30.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    On par?

So, the troaler is on par with:

Doctor right hand of hope?
    AMEP?
    I wouldn't say that. Their are other reasons you see those weapons being used in PVP. It's certainly not because they compare in offensive output to TRO, nor does it say anything about the predominance of AS in PVP. It's probably as simple as ... those people might not have TRO yet. Maybe they fell off the PVM bus and don't really care about being competitive in PVP. The fact you see people PVPing with specific weapons doesn't mean they are on par with better ones. I used a Wolf Mk6 for a while. It wasn't the best, but it's what I had until I got better. Not everyone PVP's in full endgame or optimal setups.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 8th, 2013 at 22:12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Caterwaul nerf came alongside PvP caps.
    Basically, AS was nerfed too. Yeah, it used to be more powerful.
    Point taken. That doesn't change it's current status in PVP though. People will STILL go out of their way to get it, otherwise you wouldn't see "remove AS pistol" people crying about it.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 8th, 2013 at 22:13:56.

Still looking for a response from obtena regarding relative power of troaler.

As it stands, I won this argument.

I don't see how it's relevant. It's a PVP weapon that is supported for pistol users. It allows them to be competitive in PVP with other professions that also have weapons that are supported by their own toolsets in PVP. That's why they use it. That's why it's existence is justified.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 9th, 2013 at 01:25:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It's a PVP weapon that is supported for pistol users. It allows them to be competitive in PVP with other professions that also have weapons that are supported by their own toolsets in PVP.
    I understand your position on this. I just feel your position is kind of a "if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander" approach. I don't like the idea of blending all the profs to the same toolsets for pvp which I think this pistol moves AO in that direction. All profs using AS trying to crit cap ftw while praying they have enough heals/blockers/layers to survive opponents gank.

If it were up to me only agents would use AS and any sl/le/ai AS weapons would be agent only.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't see how it's relevant. It's a PVP weapon that is supported for pistol users. It allows them to be competitive in PVP with other professions that also have weapons that are supported by their own toolsets in PVP. That's why they use it. That's why it's existence is justified.
    Don't waste your breath.

You could give them all the information and logic you'd like, but it won't matter, Obtena. They're literally not even worth replying to.
    Last edited by wonderland; May 10th, 2013 at 05:26:54.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

I'm hurt. But not badly.

That didn't even cap. Next time, unequip the snake tamer shield, and use an AS weapon.

It's blanket statements like this that just blows any amount of respect/credibility from someone's posts.

First you can't possibly know EVERYONE that's ever played AO.

Second not EVERYONE uses AS.

Third not EVERYONE is that into pvp.

Fourth not EVERYONE had a caterwaul.
    ok, A whole heck of a lot of a bunch of players used Caterwauls before fc nerfed them to being agent only. (yes they were nerfed to having an agent only tag due to the abundance of different classes using it.)
    I knew a few docs and crats that used them, even after the agent tag nerf, because it was op'd and nerf patched.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; May 10th, 2013 at 08:51:08.

People quite don't seem to see the purpose AS serves, or don't want to.

AS is the only way to kill the hulks of what once was chars with a max of maybe 13k HP. Pre SL, AS was considered too OP because it insta killed people. At the same time, with expansions, and new gear, people got more HP, more def, more tools to mitigate damage and stay competitive in PVM.

So, the main issue obviously is, that AO PVM gear just is not compatible with current game mechanics for PVP.

The simple solution would be to draw a line between pvp and pvm chars, and redesign the whole pvp gear and tool set, and make it work ONLY in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    ok, A whole heck of a lot of a bunch of players used Caterwauls before fc nerfed them to being agent only. (yes they were nerfed to having an agent only tag due to the abundance of different classes using it.)
    I did. ql 200 on my trader being level 60.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Caterwaul nerf came alongside PvP caps.
    Basically, AS was nerfed too. Yeah, it used to be more powerful.
    And original caps were 40%, so there was another AS nerf.

Until something is done to how specials / reg hits work against evaders and their ability to outheal 30% capped hits, AS should stay.

Anyway Troll pistol is nothing compared to say, a Tigress.

Maybe they will change evades to work as dmg mitigation as opposed to zero damage? Then i can see and will agree on AS nerfage.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    I knew a few docs and crats that used them [...]
    And NTs.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver