Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish...

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I do exactly that - but I find it funny when someone makes an offer 20% lower than my "WTS XXX for $$$". I always respond - "No thank you", but you would be amazed how many folks will then go on a rant about my price, the market, the GMI, the state of the economy or just start spewing venom.

GMI is terrible though.
    Sometimes you can see 6+ of the same item, all similar in price and a week later they are all still there, and so if i contact one of those sellers with a lower price they flatout refuse because its the "going rate".

One thing GMI is good for is looking at the buy orders, occasionally there are some serious offers on an item and you can ask the seller to go half way between the sell order price and buy order price.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

I have a small idea for creating an auctionhouse in a bot. Is that something people would find interesting? Basically people could start an auction with min price an optional buyout. It would be limitations in terms of people need to sticking to what they put up for auction though. With enough honest people I think it could be useful. Is this something people would use?
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    GMI is terrible though.
    Sometimes you can see 6+ of the same item, all similar in price and a week later they are all still there, and so if i contact one of those sellers with a lower price they flatout refuse because its the "going rate".
    With the old GMI, Tiamin and I talked about something like this. His items were priced a bit higher than other peoples', but the way he looked at it is that prices fluctuate and it's not like he needed the creds, so he has the luxury of waiting for a buyer who will pay that amount.

I guess my main issue is nobody ever wants to actually talk price. It is like some weird game of cat and mouse or some strange dance which just ends up being a waste of time.

Sellers try to gouge out an extra 5 million and alienate people in the process, if they aren't morons that say OFFER LULZ and then try to tack another 5 or 10 or 50 million on to that.

Buyers only pay well (which I understand sometimes, especially in the contexts listed here, but as it is just being copied by morons because it is the "in" thing to say).

Everyone is so worried about nailing or saving an extra 5 or 10 or 50 (depending on the scope of the item) million credits that could very often easily be earned in half the time it takes to dicker, whine and argue to come to an agreement.

Just a minor annoyance, I don't think it should be a retail store, I just think that people are spending a dollar to save a dime.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    I have a small idea for creating an auctionhouse in a bot. Is that something people would find interesting? Basically people could start an auction with min price an optional buyout. It would be limitations in terms of people need to sticking to what they put up for auction though. With enough honest people I think it could be useful. Is this something people would use?
    I remember seeing auctions on bots in trading channel before. Seems useful idea, especialy for the lootrights sellers, when the time is tight.

Also consider an antisniper rule and how to handle auctioning multiple items at the same time or even multiple auctions at the same time.

Probably best way is to let seller specify increments and buyers click on an increment link.

This could also be a can of worms in regard to moderation and desputes resolving. Think of a denial of service attacks in a form of griefing (fake) bids...

Not an easy task...

Tutomech 220/29/68 eng [ Eq ] || Tutodoc 150/20/42 doc [ Eq ] || Tutoblitz 60/6/21 fix [ Eq ] || Tutofarm 83/8/28 nt [ Eq ] || Tutoforce 220/2_/__ enf || Tutotaxer 220/__/__ tra

Maxisfix: Arguing on the forums is like the special Olympics, even if you win, you are still a retard.
    Yehuda Bauer: Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
    Tutomech: There is no real need in a virtual world, therefore: NEED = GREED.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutomech View Post

This could also be a can of worms in regard to moderation and desputes resolving. Think of a denial of service attacks in a form of griefing (fake) bids...

Not an easy task...
    I think that would be the biggest issue, just too much griefing vulnerability and bid manipulation. The same occurs now whenever you try to auction something on dnet or the like, but I think it would be magnified. Awesome idea though.

On a side note, thinking about bots, what I want is cred limit to be extended to 10b or so and to be able to do cred raids ala gdkp if anyone is familiar with it. Basically all items are bid on in credits, and all credits are divided evenly at the end of a raid =D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    One thing GMI is good for is looking at the buy orders, occasionally there are some serious offers on an item and you can ask the seller to go half way between the sell order price and buy order price.
    All those WTB ai armor for 100k creds.

In seriousness, I don't like the tax level for merely posting on the GMI. It works well for things which have high demand and high supply, but if you want to post something with low demand and low supply you can blow a ton of cash just keeping the thing on GMI. As a result, it ends up rotting in a bank.

In my opinion, there should be a flat posting fee, but a sales tax should be for the sale, not the posting.

And forgetting to change the ql on buy orders, not being able to edit, and instantly loosing a million

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12