Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish...

I wish...

I could change my name to Well, cause then everybody would be paying me.

Seriously, wth is well? Why are people allergic to prices in this game? Or are they just that ignorant and scared?

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Pretty sure it's my bad, since I just woke up and my brain is still fuzzy...

Care to explain?
    Brasco 220/30 soldier
    Enlightment 200/30 enforcer
    Quiz 200/12 NT

Elithas is annoyed that people are paying well, and not a concrete number for eg. 300M, as one persons idea of paying well for an item might not be another persons idea of selling well.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Elithas is annoyed that people are paying well, and not a concrete number for eg. 300M, as one persons idea of paying well for an item might not be another persons idea of selling well.
    Thank you, everything makes sense again, now I can go on with my life
    Brasco 220/30 soldier
    Enlightment 200/30 enforcer
    Quiz 200/12 NT

Saying "paying well" tempts people to find out how well.

If you state a price then people might not contact you and therefore you cannot negotiate.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Its a bit funny how these trends starts.

It is the same with all the "experienced db3"-teams.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

i wish people would say how much they want for the item instead of "offer".
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Think of the AO market as more like a flea market with dodgy profiteers trying to rip you off. It won't make you feel any better though
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post

Buyer: "Price?"
    Seller: "10m"
    Buyer: *Sweet, I was going to pay up to 50* "Deal!"

-------------------------------------------------

Seller: "Offer?"
    Buyer: "40m?"
    Seller: "50?"
    Buyer: "Deal"

-------------------------------------

When trying to sell an item, which do you think people prefer ?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

I hate it when people say "offer." You know you have a price in mind, and don't need to sit there wasting my time trying to squeeze every last credit out of the deal.. Manic makes a very good point, cause that's pretty much exactly what the market here is... this isn't Pawn Stars and I don't want to sit there and haggle forever about why since the economy sucks you'll only sell me this item at whatever horribly inflated price you hope to trick me into... tell me what you want for it up front... if you're not a scammer... it'll probably be a reasonable price, and I'll buy it. If not I'll counter and you being able to do simple math realize that this new number is close enough (or not close enough) to what you're looking to get and agree or disagree.

Also a good one is when you are trying to buy an item, for which, a reasonable price would be, lets say 200-300m and they go:" Someone told me its worth 1b".

Newsflash, an item worth has nothing to do with how much you want to get for it, or if someone you know told you you could get someone desperate enough to buy it for a insane price.

Like VTEs for 200m for example..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Buyer: *Sweet, I was going to pay up to 50* "Deal!"

When trying to sell an item, which do you think people prefer ?
    Luckily i've kept count how many times people have said that.

you forgot the scenarios
    Seller: "Offer?"
    Buyer: "40m?"
    Buyer: "hello?"

Buyer: "hello??"
    Seller: "sorry, sold it already."

and

Seller: "50m"
    Buyer: "too high."
    Seller: "ok bye."
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 4th, 2013 at 17:32:33.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I used to add prices when i spam WTS lootrights, but my farming mate call me dumb so i stoped that.
    So if i want to be cool and fair to buyers i will be called dumb, and if i ask buyers to offer i will get hated.

TBH i enjoy ripping off people for credits, i see nothing wrong in it as long as the credits will be donated to the froobs, which is having tough-lifes. I have been froob to lvl 190 myself i know how hard it is. Ripping of rich gamers is better than what robin hood did, STEALING ...!

when i farm DB2 i put the prices on items and i hate when im trying to buy something and people say "Offer?" i just ignore them and never reply to them anymore

A trade should be a negotiation to get a fair price both buyer and seller are happy with. Sometimes you can't agree on a value so you stop negotiating.

I find it hilarious when people think a trade isn't a negotiation, buying from someone on shopping channels isn't like going into a supermarket where all prices are nicely displayed. There is no set price for an item. An item is worth what someone is prepared to pay.

Paying well generates more interest in what you'll offer for a specific item.

When i was looking for my dreadloch crat pistol, I posted with paying well and I had people who i never heard of saying they'll look out for a pistol for me - because they knew i was paying well.

When it came to buying it (finally) i paid 100m with no negotiation. I consider 100m paying rather well for that pistol, and there was absolutely no discussion over price from anyone who asked how much i was paying.

Now you're probably asking "why not just say - wtb for 100m".
    I do not want to post that i would pay 100m because it gives sellers the idea that this is what they should expect from everyone who wants to buy that item.

Also - Lookin forward to seeing some more pro docs, pro sold, pro enf, pro crats. Always makes me lol seeing it in dnet/neutnet.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

When people ask for an offer i just give a super lowball and when they inevitably tell me it isn't high enough I say 'well what do you want for it then?'

Just have to respond with something they dont want to see and insult them into giving you an actual price!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    When people ask for an offer i just give a super lowball and when they inevitably tell me it isn't high enough I say 'well what do you want for it then?'
    You're lucky then, most people ignore me if I lowball.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

This, I have decided that people who say offer are saying it in hopes of finding people who dont know the value of items in order to squeeze them for as much as possible, it's kinda a greedy term.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

I do exactly that - but I find it funny when someone makes an offer 20% lower than my "WTS XXX for $$$". I always respond - "No thank you", but you would be amazed how many folks will then go on a rant about my price, the market, the GMI, the state of the economy or just start spewing venom.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast