Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some things from the 18.6.2 patchnotes

Just logged on test, nothing from pande has lost it's nodrop-tag, including gauntlet-stuff. DB-armor has not lost nodrop-tag either. So without really checking much more atm; seems nothing from hilvl-raid-content lost it's nodrop-tag, thank god

Gonna see if I can find a toon with some off QL CRU.

Edit 1: Ok, good news, just put a QL 28 CRU (which is broken in TS-window with Nano Programming Interface, and it turns it into a QL 50 yesdrop CRU. I can choose QL between 28-50. It doesn't seem to require any special skills, but I might be over what is required. Tried with a QL 95 too, and still not showing skill requirements, it may not require anything, or it can be CL, currently testing on a level 220 with 1400 CL, and don't think I've got a low-low toon with CRU on over on testserver.

Edit 2: Just learned that eRBP lost it's nodrop tag.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 16:43:28.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

pfft so loot selling will continue and the loser profs get to be credit slaves forever..........

Talking

ND removed from:

all Beta symbs
    all Beta spirits

Proactive/Reactive armor
    Basic DB bracer

Yalmaha - Delay reduced

For more ... -> http://koti.mbnet.fi/~drurban/aotest...8_06_02_11.zip
    ( viewer & xml in 1 zip! )

DrUrban - Half man, half APT !
    Last edited by DrUrban-II; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 17:11:29.

Thanks DrUrban! Just noticed beta symbs myself except the questable ones (ear and thigh)

Edit: Can equip 2x ofab profession rings now, Unique-flag removed. Hop ethat get fixed to work like the S10-HUDs.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 17:21:38.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I logged on to Test-Live and checked my accounts for character slots ...

Paid and Froob accounts all appeared correct except one ...

I have a paid account that I re-activated a week or so ago. This account only has 10 character slots instead of 12. Is this because the account was un-paid as of the database copy used on Test-Live? Or, should I put in a bug report?

So far I found a lvl 60 toon with a ql 8 CRU and she was able to fix it just fine.

Kinnik

Sucks that pande items didn't lose no drop tag. Gauntlet should've, beast weapons and DB armor could've easily lost the tag and been much more helpful without breaking anything. People would still raid these for things like dark energy/boc/bracers + infusers etc
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Gotta do better than this FC, not enough. Free us from being credit farming serfs.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I have a paid account that I re-activated a week or so ago. This account only has 10 character slots instead of 12. Is this because the account was un-paid as of the database copy used on Test-Live? Or, should I put in a bug report?
    you should report it so we can find out if it's right or not

any idea when this goes live?
    Photocopy - The Crat
    Wristdeep - The Enf

Why don't people just raid instead of complaining about loot sellers? I think what people really want is to only have to do a raid once and trade items across several accounts. That's fine and all, but admit what you are really wanting

Otherwise, a nodrop item being sold and a yesdrop item being sold is the exact same thing if you aren't willing to go out and get it yourself. Improving the raids and allowing players to trade items once on their own accounts would be the best thing I think, this way we can always use our best toons for a raid and then give the items to toons we actually need stuff on.

Also, I recently looted BoC on my level 1 trader...so that would suck if it was suddenly tradeable, just like the ofab shoulders I spent a week farming lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Why don't people just raid instead of complaining about loot sellers? I think what people really want is to only have to do a raid once and trade items across several accounts. That's fine and all, but admit what you are really wanting

Otherwise, a nodrop item being sold and a yesdrop item being sold is the exact same thing if you aren't willing to go out and get it yourself.

Also, I recently looted BoC on my level 1 trader...so that would suck if it was suddenly tradeable, just like the ofab shoulders I spent a week farming lol.
    The problem is this all profs but 4 are pretty much useless. Unless you have one of the big four you are pretty much screwed. You get to play the role of a credit farming serf and buy loot rights. I would rather trade my gear between alts than pay shady loot rights deals or at least have it on an open market for time being where competition can take place.

FYI A large portion of loot sellers are gold farmers. Its the cycle of life. Useless prof can't get teams and or gear they buy credits from gold farmer and they buy loot rights again from another goldfarmer using the creds they paid rl $ for the loot seller takes those creds and resells them to another player and the cycle repeats endlessly.

In the end its all a symptom of 11 years of neglect when it comes to balance changes. Its a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    2 things from me:

If you want to know what items, wait for the patch rips or explore testlive and see for yourself.

Will the Broken CRU be rounded up or down upon repair?

EDIT: 1 more question. CRU is already sold in the fixer shop, for lower ql and ridiculous price. I suppose we can expect this to change too to reflect what the trader shop offers?
    Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    That was my thought too, when I read about CRU being sold in the Trader shop. I hope the Fixer shop CRU is updated to be the same.
    From what I have seen on Test Live, the broken "off" ql CRU's round up in ql when they are fixed. I did not try to use a broken one on a CC, so do not know if they can be used broken.

The fixer shop and trader shop seem to have the exact same CRU selection available for purchase. Both benefit from comp/lit for pricing. However, prices seem to be similar amounts as on Live Server now ... on a per percent-of-fixing to the city controller basis.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    pfft so loot selling will continue and the loser profs get to be credit slaves forever..........
    What the hell are you on about? It would still be the same 4 profs farming the stuff even if they removed the nodrop tag on everything, you'd just need less of it. That's not any kind of pvm balance fix...

Will "odd" sized CRU's still drop in team missions? I.E. Consistent with the level of the team mission boss ...

Or, will loot tables be changed so that only 25, 50, 75 & 100's drop going forward?

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    What the hell are you on about? It would still be the same 4 profs farming the stuff even if they removed the nodrop tag on everything, you'd just need less of it. That's not any kind of pvm balance fix...
    Band AID. Re-balance will never happen. Duke Nukem forever 2 will be out before it all you can do is band aid.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Band AID. Re-balance will never happen. Duke Nukem forever 2 will be out before it all you can do is band aid.
    If you are unsatisfied with the game and don't think it will ever improve why do you continue to give FC money?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    If you are unsatisfied with the game and don't think it will ever improve why do you continue to give FC money?
    When sub time is up I won't unless changes happen... I'm not the only one many are playing wait and see after the restructure and what fc utterly decides to do with ao.

not a bad start, but there needs to be a lot more items get their nodrop tags removed. Like, everything else that has a nodrop tag. Most retarded mechanic ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    not a bad start, but there needs to be a lot more items get their nodrop tags removed. Like, everything else that has a nodrop tag. Most retarded mechanic ever.
    nodrop is fine. contents triviality and profession imbalance is not.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    you should report it so we can find out if it's right or not
    Where would this be reported to? My pay account(s) still only show 8 slots.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast