Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some things from the 18.6.2 patchnotes

Honestly, I think removing NoDrop tags are, generally, a good idea - it allows individuals to decide what's more important for them, time or credits. Though you may argue that it decreases the number of people participating in various activities, in the end it will balance out because at some point if there isn't enough of a particular item for sale, someone will farm it/people will participate.

Not to mention that it can only benefit the majority of people who have alts that can utilize the same item. Granted, we're not sure which items are affected, so who know what impact this NoDrop change will have.
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

omg nice nice patch. Those are a hand of monumental changes AO needs. I much approve!

Great job FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Fixing lootright selling by removing NODROP from everything is like fixing a sucking chest wound by jamming a barbeque fork in it.
    I smell a lr seller :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Major thanks if "large" genuinely means a large amount of nodrop tags removed.

LR selling is not a problem. It is a symptom of a broken system where 2-5 profs can be used to kill supposed endgame raids, where the loot is entirely nodrop.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

"Broken CRU can be repaired by using a Nano Programming Interface."

Will the Nano Programming Interface be used up in the process?

On the testlive patch thread it says april 3rd. I assume thats when it gets patched to test live?

Then how long do patches usually stay on test before hitting live?

On a side note i hope the relays dropping from gens is an addition and isnt taking away from chances on bot drops. Or worse, taking the place of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadha View Post
    "Broken CRU can be repaired by using a Nano Programming Interface."

Will the Nano Programming Interface be used up in the process?
    Also am hoping it doesn't require any tradeskill requirements to repair said broken CRUs as some people will have their CRUs stockpiled on level 1 froob mules....It should also round up to the next highest stage rather than round down otherwise people are losing value eg. QL28 CRU should be rounded up to QL50 rather than 25..
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Also am hoping it doesn't require any tradeskill requirements to repair said broken CRUs as some people will have their CRUs stockpiled on level 1 froob mules....
    Could not disagree more here. Lvl 1 froob banks is a personal problem as far as cru storage. Fixes and combining up to ql100 should be at least equal in skill as converting ICE to CRU.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Fixes and combining up to ql100 should be at most equal in skill as converting ICE to CRU.
    Fixed that for you
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Major thanks if "large" genuinely means a large amount of nodrop tags removed.

LR selling is not a problem. It is a symptom of a broken system where 2-5 profs can be used to kill supposed endgame raids, where the loot is entirely nodrop.
    you are my hero.

I have a keeper, agent and engie. All of them will sit on LFT all day unless an org raid happens or IRAID or NORAID move on something. I am sick of being a third class citizen and I am sick of having my posts deleted by mods trying to protect the current cartel hold on loot rights every time I point this out on this forum. Many of these loot sellers are gold farmers or just plain elitist jerks. I want to be useful in a team I want to be wanted in a team. I don't want to have to make a top tier prof so I can roll for alts because they are too pathetic to be teamed. I refuse to become a serf to these loot sellers forcing me into the role of a debtor just to get gear. Remove the flags at least the price competition can eat them alive or better yet I can borrow my alts beast gear etc and not have to be a credit farming slave to this scum.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    On the testlive patch thread it says april 3rd. I assume thats when it gets patched to test live?

Then how long do patches usually stay on test before hitting live?

On a side note i hope the relays dropping from gens is an addition and isnt taking away from chances on bot drops. Or worse, taking the place of them.
    if we follow last patch it will take a week or so, unless unexpected issues arise. my bet is for next wednesday-thusday since we're closing on the weekend and they stil need to see how it performs on testlive before releasing it on the world. i will try later my testclient and see if version is up.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

While i agree that most stuff should be tradable without the need to sell lootrights i dont think simply making items yesdrop is a good idea. Things like BoC etc. shouldnt be tradable once they were used for twinking - if they were simply yesdrop 1 boc would be enough to fit whole org or maybe even more as it has no real use except for twinking that happens maybe twice for an average character

This could be solved in an easy way - mobs shouldnt drop items but lets say "sealed containers with XXX" - container itself would be yesdrop but once you open it you would get nodrop item.

1. If they remove the nodrop on boc and other pande stuff .. they can just delete pande.
    2. I hope they wont make WU .. a yesdrop ( and i am not thinking about selling WUs ) i am thinking at .. lets say an ubah 200 twink kpr ) .. who cant enter in LoX to get his WU to equip beast weap

But i hope they will remove it on EOE's ) cause i got like 5 or 6 ... and thoose ql 300 would prolly sell ubah

Nice changes, thanks FC. Might actually revive RK dungeons and will probably make Albtraum more enjoyable, too.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tush View Post
    1. If they remove the nodrop on boc and other pande stuff .. they can just delete pande.
    Hm, why? People would join pande raids even with maxed out characters for profit. Nowadays most of them do not because selling lootrights is a tricky business.

2. I hope they wont make WU .. a yesdrop ( and i am not thinking about selling WUs ) i am thinking at .. lets say an ubah 200 twink kpr ) .. who cant enter in LoX to get his WU to equip beast weap
    Things like that are solved in an easy way just like superior rebuild pere weapons - you can get parts but tradeskill is locked to lvl 190. I dont really think xan weapon would be op for lvl 200 keeper - you can get heot thats similar anyway. Lusts on support profs and abandonments on enfs would be - those could be most likely used at lvl 150. On the other hand twinking challenges are nice and tl5 pvp is ruined anyway

But i hope they will remove it on EOE's ) cause i got like 5 or 6 ... and thoose ql 300 would prolly sell ubah
    Prices shoud drop fast - more supply with same demand

Quote Originally Posted by Patchnotes
    Breed change items is no longer possible to use on the same breed/different gender to encourage the use of a gender change item which is less costly.
    Does gender change cause full IP reset? If not, this punishes people who do NOT want to change their breed, but use the breed change as a full IPR. I admit I haven't looked at the shop for ages, but unless there is a FIPR available, please either add one (for similar price to breed change or lower) or continue to allow the use of breed change to same breed/gender.

Also, good job on the Nodrop tag removal, assuming "large" really means large. I'd rather not it mean BoC/ACDC but almost everything else would be really nice (open market selling instead of loot rights).

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    i prefer NODROPS on high level encounters....Seems like everyone already have lv1 toons with instore bought beast armors. will hate to see everyone with Pandora armors and weps soicalizing in town or in Subway and TOTW.

but curious to what NODROPS did become "YESDROPS"???

My guess is old SL junk... Mostly really useless items likely...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Various typos have been fixed in nanos and items.
    Nordrop tag has been removed from a large amount of items.
    Hilarious !

I wonder if now is a good time to start filling backpacks with QL1 CRU from the fixer shop in order to be able to repair/upgrade them to QL25 (the next closest QL) when that patch hits live.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Um... one question: If there were no exploits fixed, were there any added?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Could not disagree more here. Lvl 1 froob banks is a personal problem as far as cru storage. Fixes and combining up to ql100 should be at least equal in skill as converting ICE to CRU.
    Why does the way other people play the game(without affecting you in any way) affect you personally? Exactly how are lvl 1 froob banks a problem as far as cru storage goes?? Why do you care if I want to clear space from my main toon's bank and offload crus, nanos, instruction discs, novictum, pb patterns and other crap I don't need all the time to my bank mule?

If we go the way you're proposing(fixing requiring at least equal skill as converting ICE), then all toons(high or low, eng or enf or shade or agent or whatever) who will now have nodrop CRUs on them will have to get whatever skill is needed to convert ICE high enough to be able to fix the and get them off their toon or use them. Frankly, that is ridiculous.

And of course not everyone reads the forums to know about these changes incoming, and they won't know to get the currently tradable crus to a tradeskiller toon now before the patch and so a large part of the player base will all of a sudden have broken nodrop crus on them they'll need to TS on that toon to use again
    Last edited by cybertron; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 16:22:55.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast